The core curriculum requires two English, two science, two capstones, a math, art, diversity and a series of core humanities classes. Then each college has its own set of core curriculum. The professors tend not to be so challenging, likely due to the fact that it is a state school and there are minimum admissions requirements, but they are very accessible and allow students to help them with research and it is not unheard of to be invited to a dinner at a faculty members house. Study abroad opportunities are plentiful and many students take advantage of them.

There are many new buildings at the university including the library and the student union which were opened three and four years ago respectively. There is also a brand new math and science building as well as molecular science building. The housing around the campus is very affordable and close to the university meaning that many students prefer to walk or ride a bike to class instead of drive. The campus itself is very walkable, I have never needed a car while I've been a student. The medium size student population means that there is a sense of community, but you can still always meet new people. In general students are very relaxed and enjoy being part of the Wolf Pack.

You fill out a one page form with your information, submit your high school transcripts, vaccinations and SAT or ACT scores if available.

Generally, my professors have been great. But I gave a low rating based on the poor treatment of academics and programs at UNR by its admisitrative staff. There is so much fat that could be cut, but instead they choose to go the easier way out and cut programs. We have an amazing study abroad program, thankfully since all of the languages have practically been erased. Speaking of which, the option below of course of study doesn't even list languages. We live in a global world and because these programs are being eliminated, so are the job prospects for UNR graduates.

Okay

Application form. Minimum GPA requirement.

just a mailed in application