Core classes explore all ranges of the school. Individual courses go into depth of specific departments and programs of study. Choosing one program leads you into a world deep in the material where requirements are plentiful and timely. The accessibility to the professors is amazing with a lot of time dedicated to students.

Cost of living is somewhat on average with the state. The facilities available are great. swimming pools, gym, outdoor courts, and a great art gallery.

There is a lot of paperwork and electronic application processes. Filing acadmemic, employment, and other legal information is all apart of the process. You must file a federal FAFSA form to obtain any consideration for scholarships or grants. An applicant must have a great academic record to enroll in any program at my university.

omg app questions sooo hard

soooo many essays to write like 500 thousand

4 interviews!!! :-O

early dec/action tough!!!

common app accepted

no financial aid :-(

i be rockin the scholarship you know how we does it ;-)

Joint admission from community college

High Quality of Life.

I need to complete General Education classes and there are requirements for being a business student. I also have classes I need to take for my major. Being an Hospitality and Tourism Management major allows me to take a variety of courses in Food & Beverage, Club, Evene Planning, Casino, and more. All professors have office hours and most are willing to meet with you even outside of those hours. The faculty is superb. They have experience within the fields they are teaching and their education has never stopped. There are countless study abroad opportunities that students can take advantage of. You can go to places specifically for you major or just to an area of choice.

I lived on a floor with all Business majors and loved it. There was a good community atmosphere. The library is a great place to study. There are many additional resources like the Writing Center, computer access, and printer/copier/fax access. The librarians are very helpful and can assist you in your research process. The food is really good and I have options to go to various dinning facilities. Overall happiness is extremely high, I cannot imagine myself anywhere else.

You can either apply by the Common Application or by the UMass application. You can apply early action. I applied directly to the School of Management and specifically to the Hospitality and Tourism Management program. They only take about 100 incoming Freshmen to the program each year.

A lot of general education requirements,almost too many (ex: Science). However, the general education requirements allow students to learn about topics other than his or her major. Being a School of Management student, I am required to take all different business courses which is great because I might not end up doing just one part of business in my life. The class sizes are large but the professors are great, very easily accessible. The workload is very manageble.

Amazing. Crime is very low. Food is great.

The essay allowed the applying students to write about any topic they felt the school should know about, which allowed the student to choose anything he or she wanted to write about. I believe that this is a great way to create diversity in such a large school.

just common application and fasfa

- 120 credits required to graduate, including certain general education requirements.

- Personally wasn't too fond of the large size of the more popular underclassmen lectures. However, everyone was assigned a TA and had Friday discussions within smaller groups for those classes so we was constant interaction.

- Took advantage of the Five Colleges Consortium (Smith College, Mount Holyoke, Hampshire, Amherst, and UMass) and was able to take courses at some decent liberal arts colleges in the area. Great opportunity but unfortunately it's not well-advertised. Seems like more Five College students take classes at UMass than UMass students take courses at other Five Colleges. They should add more advisors to this program.

- Very energetic staff at the International Programs Office to help with study abroad opportunities. Friends have spent semesters at Oxford, Peking, Grenoble, and South Africa.

- Upperclassmen, i.e. your major courses, are generally small; then again, I can only speak for my own major, Finance - I assume that senior courses for majors like Political Science and Communications are larger

- It's really what you make of it. There is a research conference every year where you can present your thesis, research, etc. if admitted. Honors students are required to write thesis papers but anyone can take it upon themselves to do so

I never had a problem with housing but I know some that are annoyed that they didn't get their top choice. The administration has been continually making more freshmen-only housing; most seniors live off campus. Campus is very safe and anyone who tells you otherwise clearly has no idea what they are talking about; you are 10 times safer in Amherst than you are in Boston. There's also construction going on around campus. They just finished the new Studio Arts Building and new Recreation Center recently. The library is huge. Huge.

- Separate essays for applying to specific colleges

- School of Engineering, Isenberg School of Management, and Commonwealth Honors Program are rather selective

- Standard process for the main application: SAT scores, Essays, etc... I honestly can't remember since it was so long ago!

General Education requirements-Biological, Physical and Social Sciences, Maths, History, Literature/Arts; Core classes- economics, calculus, statistics, information technology, law, writing, business strategy; Core degree requirements then extra school of management classes; Academic advising is excellent and very personal; Professors are very willing to help and are interested in having their students succeed and reach the best of their abilities; Very competitive; grading is fair; faculty are top notch; very much encourage studying abroad; workload is manageable but demanding.

Housing is amazing on campus; the meal plans for dining are great and the food is awesome. The cost of living is reasonable for what we are getting. The overall quality is great- it is very much a community atmosphere and the crime and safety aspects are taken very seriously.

Early action, Common Application