“UMass-Isenberg Review”
February 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Excellent professors

Great network of alumni

Up and coming business school

Great major classes

Flexibility to double major

Not a lot of entrepreneurship classes

Could offer more finance classes

Could offer more business-tech classes

Comments

This school is constantly rising in the rankings which is valuable to employers. More and more big name companies in all sorts of fields are recruiting at this school. Definitely would recommend it especially if you like the northeast job market.

omg app questions sooo hard

soooo many essays to write like 500 thousand

4 interviews!!! :-O

early dec/action tough!!!

common app accepted

no financial aid :-(

i be rockin the scholarship you know how we does it ;-)

Joint admission from community college

Core classes explore all ranges of the school. Individual courses go into depth of specific departments and programs of study. Choosing one program leads you into a world deep in the material where requirements are plentiful and timely. The accessibility to the professors is amazing with a lot of time dedicated to students.

Cost of living is somewhat on average with the state. The facilities available are great. swimming pools, gym, outdoor courts, and a great art gallery.

There is a lot of paperwork and electronic application processes. Filing acadmemic, employment, and other legal information is all apart of the process. You must file a federal FAFSA form to obtain any consideration for scholarships or grants. An applicant must have a great academic record to enroll in any program at my university.

challenging but help was always around if you needed it

On and off campus are both reasonable, very safe even though it is large and the surrounding areas and communities are fun.

typical admissions process not too hard but hard enough to be selective.

High Quality of Life.

The cost of housing is relatively low compared to other schools. The campus is large, but beautiful and keeps students active and healthy by walking. The library is kind of old but it is a great resource with thousands and thousands of books and tutoring. Overall there is relatively little crime and the entire city that is Umass is nicer than the aberage neighborhood. Most people are very happy at UMass because of the large amount of alcohol available to all students.

We had to write an essay on what Globalization meant to us for my particular Fellows RAP. We also had to fill out an admissions form, FAFSA, and a 1 page essay for the school in general. I applied for early action but am not sure how much the form differs from a regular admission form.

A lot of general education requirements,almost too many (ex: Science). However, the general education requirements allow students to learn about topics other than his or her major. Being a School of Management student, I am required to take all different business courses which is great because I might not end up doing just one part of business in my life. The class sizes are large but the professors are great, very easily accessible. The workload is very manageble.

Amazing. Crime is very low. Food is great.

The essay allowed the applying students to write about any topic they felt the school should know about, which allowed the student to choose anything he or she wanted to write about. I believe that this is a great way to create diversity in such a large school.

The general requirements at my school are helpful and allow you to have a broad education. Some are really stupid, like college writing, but might be helpful. Gen. Ed. classes are really large, with 300 and more students depending on the class. Some professors aren't easy to get in contact with but the TAs, who actually give you your grade, are easy to keep in touch with and are easily available if you need help. Depending on the class and how many classes you are taking during the semester, the workload can vary. I know some students who have very little work during the week while others have hours and hours of work to do.

The admissions process for my university involved the typical essay questions and short answer questions like the majority of universities use. I applied regular decision and did not have to go through the interview process.

I need to complete General Education classes and there are requirements for being a business student. I also have classes I need to take for my major. Being an Hospitality and Tourism Management major allows me to take a variety of courses in Food & Beverage, Club, Evene Planning, Casino, and more. All professors have office hours and most are willing to meet with you even outside of those hours. The faculty is superb. They have experience within the fields they are teaching and their education has never stopped. There are countless study abroad opportunities that students can take advantage of. You can go to places specifically for you major or just to an area of choice.

I lived on a floor with all Business majors and loved it. There was a good community atmosphere. The library is a great place to study. There are many additional resources like the Writing Center, computer access, and printer/copier/fax access. The librarians are very helpful and can assist you in your research process. The food is really good and I have options to go to various dinning facilities. Overall happiness is extremely high, I cannot imagine myself anywhere else.

You can either apply by the Common Application or by the UMass application. You can apply early action. I applied directly to the School of Management and specifically to the Hospitality and Tourism Management program. They only take about 100 incoming Freshmen to the program each year.