“UMass-Isenberg Review”
February 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Excellent professors

Great network of alumni

Up and coming business school

Great major classes

Flexibility to double major

Not a lot of entrepreneurship classes

Could offer more finance classes

Could offer more business-tech classes

Comments

This school is constantly rising in the rankings which is valuable to employers. More and more big name companies in all sorts of fields are recruiting at this school. Definitely would recommend it especially if you like the northeast job market.

Joint admission from community college

omg app questions sooo hard

soooo many essays to write like 500 thousand

4 interviews!!! :-O

early dec/action tough!!!

common app accepted

no financial aid :-(

i be rockin the scholarship you know how we does it ;-)

Core classes explore all ranges of the school. Individual courses go into depth of specific departments and programs of study. Choosing one program leads you into a world deep in the material where requirements are plentiful and timely. The accessibility to the professors is amazing with a lot of time dedicated to students.

Cost of living is somewhat on average with the state. The facilities available are great. swimming pools, gym, outdoor courts, and a great art gallery.

There is a lot of paperwork and electronic application processes. Filing acadmemic, employment, and other legal information is all apart of the process. You must file a federal FAFSA form to obtain any consideration for scholarships or grants. An applicant must have a great academic record to enroll in any program at my university.

The general requirements at my school are helpful and allow you to have a broad education. Some are really stupid, like college writing, but might be helpful. Gen. Ed. classes are really large, with 300 and more students depending on the class. Some professors aren't easy to get in contact with but the TAs, who actually give you your grade, are easy to keep in touch with and are easily available if you need help. Depending on the class and how many classes you are taking during the semester, the workload can vary. I know some students who have very little work during the week while others have hours and hours of work to do.

The admissions process for my university involved the typical essay questions and short answer questions like the majority of universities use. I applied regular decision and did not have to go through the interview process.

just common application and fasfa

When I applied I filled out the common application for Massachusetts state schools. The application took about 30 minutes to fill out. I also applied for financial aid, and got a good amount of my education paid for. I graduated with only 15K in loans.

AWESOMEE!!!!

You had a choice to do early action or regular decision. You could pass in the common application. The regular application was very normal and the essay you could write about pretty much anything. If you're in-state, you can get the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship for doing very well on MCAS. I did not receive financial aid. I don't know many people who did because it is a state school.

The cost of housing is relatively low compared to other schools. The campus is large, but beautiful and keeps students active and healthy by walking. The library is kind of old but it is a great resource with thousands and thousands of books and tutoring. Overall there is relatively little crime and the entire city that is Umass is nicer than the aberage neighborhood. Most people are very happy at UMass because of the large amount of alcohol available to all students.

We had to write an essay on what Globalization meant to us for my particular Fellows RAP. We also had to fill out an admissions form, FAFSA, and a 1 page essay for the school in general. I applied for early action but am not sure how much the form differs from a regular admission form.

Great every part of campus had its own niche