“UMass-Isenberg Review”
February 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Excellent professors

Great network of alumni

Up and coming business school

Great major classes

Flexibility to double major

Not a lot of entrepreneurship classes

Could offer more finance classes

Could offer more business-tech classes

Comments

This school is constantly rising in the rankings which is valuable to employers. More and more big name companies in all sorts of fields are recruiting at this school. Definitely would recommend it especially if you like the northeast job market.

omg app questions sooo hard

soooo many essays to write like 500 thousand

4 interviews!!! :-O

early dec/action tough!!!

common app accepted

no financial aid :-(

i be rockin the scholarship you know how we does it ;-)

Joint admission from community college

Core classes explore all ranges of the school. Individual courses go into depth of specific departments and programs of study. Choosing one program leads you into a world deep in the material where requirements are plentiful and timely. The accessibility to the professors is amazing with a lot of time dedicated to students.

Cost of living is somewhat on average with the state. The facilities available are great. swimming pools, gym, outdoor courts, and a great art gallery.

There is a lot of paperwork and electronic application processes. Filing acadmemic, employment, and other legal information is all apart of the process. You must file a federal FAFSA form to obtain any consideration for scholarships or grants. An applicant must have a great academic record to enroll in any program at my university.

Depends strongly on major and course direction. There are a set of core gen-eds that every student must take- After that however, it is very specific to the major of choice. As a transfer student from Bentley University, I've noticed that my classes are every bit as challenging as the courses I took there. o

Amazing. That's really all I can say. I was very weary at first at living at a school that was so large- but it becomes small because of the different housing sections. Each is its own community, with it's own personality and culture. For the amount, I think the dorm rooms are fair sized- but I wish there were more dorms because people have been having to go into Temporary Housing. The facilities are clean and the staff members are friendly. I feel safe at my school- being a female it makes me feel better that there are blue light securities all around campus, in the case that something did happen.

Common Application was used- Ability for Early Action.

The general requirements at my school are helpful and allow you to have a broad education. Some are really stupid, like college writing, but might be helpful. Gen. Ed. classes are really large, with 300 and more students depending on the class. Some professors aren't easy to get in contact with but the TAs, who actually give you your grade, are easy to keep in touch with and are easily available if you need help. Depending on the class and how many classes you are taking during the semester, the workload can vary. I know some students who have very little work during the week while others have hours and hours of work to do.

The admissions process for my university involved the typical essay questions and short answer questions like the majority of universities use. I applied regular decision and did not have to go through the interview process.

A lot of general education requirements,almost too many (ex: Science). However, the general education requirements allow students to learn about topics other than his or her major. Being a School of Management student, I am required to take all different business courses which is great because I might not end up doing just one part of business in my life. The class sizes are large but the professors are great, very easily accessible. The workload is very manageble.

Amazing. Crime is very low. Food is great.

The essay allowed the applying students to write about any topic they felt the school should know about, which allowed the student to choose anything he or she wanted to write about. I believe that this is a great way to create diversity in such a large school.

General Education requirements-Biological, Physical and Social Sciences, Maths, History, Literature/Arts; Core classes- economics, calculus, statistics, information technology, law, writing, business strategy; Core degree requirements then extra school of management classes; Academic advising is excellent and very personal; Professors are very willing to help and are interested in having their students succeed and reach the best of their abilities; Very competitive; grading is fair; faculty are top notch; very much encourage studying abroad; workload is manageable but demanding.

Housing is amazing on campus; the meal plans for dining are great and the food is awesome. The cost of living is reasonable for what we are getting. The overall quality is great- it is very much a community atmosphere and the crime and safety aspects are taken very seriously.

Early action, Common Application

challenging but help was always around if you needed it

On and off campus are both reasonable, very safe even though it is large and the surrounding areas and communities are fun.

typical admissions process not too hard but hard enough to be selective.

Great every part of campus had its own niche