“UMass-Isenberg Review”
February 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Excellent professors

Great network of alumni

Up and coming business school

Great major classes

Flexibility to double major

Not a lot of entrepreneurship classes

Could offer more finance classes

Could offer more business-tech classes

Comments

This school is constantly rising in the rankings which is valuable to employers. More and more big name companies in all sorts of fields are recruiting at this school. Definitely would recommend it especially if you like the northeast job market.

Core classes explore all ranges of the school. Individual courses go into depth of specific departments and programs of study. Choosing one program leads you into a world deep in the material where requirements are plentiful and timely. The accessibility to the professors is amazing with a lot of time dedicated to students.

Cost of living is somewhat on average with the state. The facilities available are great. swimming pools, gym, outdoor courts, and a great art gallery.

There is a lot of paperwork and electronic application processes. Filing acadmemic, employment, and other legal information is all apart of the process. You must file a federal FAFSA form to obtain any consideration for scholarships or grants. An applicant must have a great academic record to enroll in any program at my university.

omg app questions sooo hard

soooo many essays to write like 500 thousand

4 interviews!!! :-O

early dec/action tough!!!

common app accepted

no financial aid :-(

i be rockin the scholarship you know how we does it ;-)

Joint admission from community college

I need to complete General Education classes and there are requirements for being a business student. I also have classes I need to take for my major. Being an Hospitality and Tourism Management major allows me to take a variety of courses in Food & Beverage, Club, Evene Planning, Casino, and more. All professors have office hours and most are willing to meet with you even outside of those hours. The faculty is superb. They have experience within the fields they are teaching and their education has never stopped. There are countless study abroad opportunities that students can take advantage of. You can go to places specifically for you major or just to an area of choice.

I lived on a floor with all Business majors and loved it. There was a good community atmosphere. The library is a great place to study. There are many additional resources like the Writing Center, computer access, and printer/copier/fax access. The librarians are very helpful and can assist you in your research process. The food is really good and I have options to go to various dinning facilities. Overall happiness is extremely high, I cannot imagine myself anywhere else.

You can either apply by the Common Application or by the UMass application. You can apply early action. I applied directly to the School of Management and specifically to the Hospitality and Tourism Management program. They only take about 100 incoming Freshmen to the program each year.

High Quality of Life.

AWESOMEE!!!!

You had a choice to do early action or regular decision. You could pass in the common application. The regular application was very normal and the essay you could write about pretty much anything. If you're in-state, you can get the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship for doing very well on MCAS. I did not receive financial aid. I don't know many people who did because it is a state school.

The UMass on-campus housing is a great experience and I would recommend anyone to attend this school and live on campus.

General Requirements, Core Business Classes, Business Electives, Core Finance Classes, Class sizes are larger for general requirements and core business classes but get very small for electives and major classes

Strict security restrictions and a little expensive especially meal plans but overall I met a lot of friends through this.

Its a Common App but its really hard to get in to in terms of GPA and SAT minimum requirements. It is especially hard to get into Isenberg

Notable faculty: During the Spring 2010 semester my investments class professor had $100 million under management and has a list that doesn't end of published scholarly articles along with a number of books. He's on campus often, his door is always open and more than willing to talk with students.