Applying to the school was simple, and it take long for a response. I initially applied for architecture. When I got accepted to UH-Manoa, I had to do another admissions process for the School of Architecture. I had to make a portfolio, write an essay, and had an interview with the dean of the School of Architecture. I was accepted and was very happy. I always received financial aid. It is very easy to apply for it but somewhat annoying to turn in documents to the office. The financial aid office at UH-Manoa has employees who work really slowly and don't realize there are people waiting. They have a phone, but they don't answer it. It takes a long time just to turn in documents.

Other

I liked everything!

I liked the library the most.

It was just good for me.

2006

Dorm was not good for grad students, because young people like to have party...

I had an interview with Chair before I applied to school. It was very effective to discuss what I would learn at UHM. When I applied to school there, it was very smooth for the admission process. After one semester, they gave me a tuition waver because I had a good GPA. It was very helpful for me because I am an international.

2004 or earlier

Major degree requirements ask for a lot of electives that have nothing to do with my major. Some of the classes are in the upper levels and makes no sense to me since I wasn't required to take any other courses to lead up to that course.

Academic advising, most of the counselors are available at all times.

Professors are always able to contact through email or office hours and are more than likely to meet anytime to discuss class issues.

Study abroad are available.

Workload, some courses require a lot of reading and homework. Balancing five classes is a bit difficult depending on the courses. I've been taking five since I started to attend UH and the homework is piling up.

Application

well we do everything online

it is very good to study and it is fairly safe

they take the application and process as soon as possible

off island studies/distance learning, writing intensive, 2 years of classroom observation/experiences

test scores - application -essay for acceptance justification - interview for Bachelor of elmentary education cohort

I liked having the advising sheet available. This really helped me decide what I needed to take. The only problem is, I ran into a lot of people who didn't have advising sheets. So I think it's important for advisors to hand them out. In regards to the rest of academics, I totally felt great about the class sizes and accessiblity of my professors. They were always willing to clarify something or casually discuss a topic further. THis made me want to learn more about my classes.

I had no problems with any of these things because I was able to participate in the unique Outreach Program. This was extremely beneficial for me and my colleagues living abroad in American Samoa.

2009

Excellent faculty, challenging classes relivent to career choice

Classes were mostly online. But facilities are excellent. Well maintained and up to date

Essay, interview, GPA

2006

For MA prog: I had to write a non thesis MA paper, took 36 credits for my course work.

for PhD prg I had to write a dissertation, take course works and do research in the college as an RA.

My dept has notable faculty member Dr. Ronald Heck and I am so glad I took his great courses.

happy overall

I had to write essays and submitted to apply for IFP scholarship, yet i did not apply directly to UHM. The process was done by my scholarship coordinators at the East West Center.

2009

I lived of campus and was lucky to find a room that I could afford to rent. The cost of housing was the biggest cost. Overall, I enjoyed my time in Hawaii and at UH Manoa.

Application for graduate studies and an application to the actual program. It included an essay, letters of recommendation, and transcripts.

2005