Major degree requirements ask for a lot of electives that have nothing to do with my major. Some of the classes are in the upper levels and makes no sense to me since I wasn't required to take any other courses to lead up to that course.

Academic advising, most of the counselors are available at all times.

Professors are always able to contact through email or office hours and are more than likely to meet anytime to discuss class issues.

Study abroad are available.

Workload, some courses require a lot of reading and homework. Balancing five classes is a bit difficult depending on the courses. I've been taking five since I started to attend UH and the homework is piling up.

Application

Dorm was not good for grad students, because young people like to have party...

I had an interview with Chair before I applied to school. It was very effective to discuss what I would learn at UHM. When I applied to school there, it was very smooth for the admission process. After one semester, they gave me a tuition waver because I had a good GPA. It was very helpful for me because I am an international.

2004 or earlier

I liked everything!

I liked the library the most.

It was just good for me.

2006

Applying to the school was simple, and it take long for a response. I initially applied for architecture. When I got accepted to UH-Manoa, I had to do another admissions process for the School of Architecture. I had to make a portfolio, write an essay, and had an interview with the dean of the School of Architecture. I was accepted and was very happy. I always received financial aid. It is very easy to apply for it but somewhat annoying to turn in documents to the office. The financial aid office at UH-Manoa has employees who work really slowly and don't realize there are people waiting. They have a phone, but they don't answer it. It takes a long time just to turn in documents.

Other

off island studies/distance learning, writing intensive, 2 years of classroom observation/experiences

test scores - application -essay for acceptance justification - interview for Bachelor of elmentary education cohort

well we do everything online

it is very good to study and it is fairly safe

they take the application and process as soon as possible

The wireless internet is fantasy.

major degree

academic advising

application

Class sizes are variable, from 20 to 200. GenEd requirements are adequate for completion of any degree. Professors, those whom I've taken classes from, are helpful and fair graders. Faculty to student ratio is slightly unusual but it is expected in this economy. Opportunities to study abroad are wide-ranged. Student workload is sometimes hefty because they juggle outside activities s/a paid work, sports, extracurriculars, etc. Research opportunities vary throughout the colleges within the University but is not required.

The cost of living in Honolulu is constantly rising. With that come a rise in cost at the Univerity. Overall, though, I am still quite impressed at the mark of what the University still makes even win a difficult situation. Crime and safety is also a top priority at the University. There are always reports of incidents through mass email or the local newspaper. Facilities are generally upkept as they should be, but there are also some crumbling structures that need more maintenance.

Admission to the University was a fairly simple process. You would have your paperwork filled out and turned in to the Admissions Office. Decisions were made within a few weeks or more (depending on the individual's circumstances). Once you have recieved approval from the University, you are presented with options to attend an orientation that include a tour of the campus, or additional information that jump-start your career at the University.

PHD requirements are difficult. The dissertation requires dedication.

Wonderful place. Good variety of food, recreation and social life

Interviews, application process & financial aid

2009