Major degree requirements ask for a lot of electives that have nothing to do with my major. Some of the classes are in the upper levels and makes no sense to me since I wasn't required to take any other courses to lead up to that course.

Academic advising, most of the counselors are available at all times.

Professors are always able to contact through email or office hours and are more than likely to meet anytime to discuss class issues.

Study abroad are available.

Workload, some courses require a lot of reading and homework. Balancing five classes is a bit difficult depending on the courses. I've been taking five since I started to attend UH and the homework is piling up.

Application

I liked everything!

I liked the library the most.

It was just good for me.

2006

Applying to the school was simple, and it take long for a response. I initially applied for architecture. When I got accepted to UH-Manoa, I had to do another admissions process for the School of Architecture. I had to make a portfolio, write an essay, and had an interview with the dean of the School of Architecture. I was accepted and was very happy. I always received financial aid. It is very easy to apply for it but somewhat annoying to turn in documents to the office. The financial aid office at UH-Manoa has employees who work really slowly and don't realize there are people waiting. They have a phone, but they don't answer it. It takes a long time just to turn in documents.

Other

Dorm was not good for grad students, because young people like to have party...

I had an interview with Chair before I applied to school. It was very effective to discuss what I would learn at UHM. When I applied to school there, it was very smooth for the admission process. After one semester, they gave me a tuition waver because I had a good GPA. It was very helpful for me because I am an international.

2004 or earlier

I lived of campus and was lucky to find a room that I could afford to rent. The cost of housing was the biggest cost. Overall, I enjoyed my time in Hawaii and at UH Manoa.

Application for graduate studies and an application to the actual program. It included an essay, letters of recommendation, and transcripts.

2005

major degree

academic advising

application

I haven't experienced any of the above because I earned my degrees through and extension program. This allows us to take course offered by the university through either local or on campus teachers. Sometimes they would travel to teach our course and other times we would do it online via Skype.

The admission process was a challenge because not only did we have to convince the UH board for acceptance but we also had to go through our local scholarship board for reviews and interviews. In addition there were essays to be submitted for personal information, background, and beliefs.

2009

Due to recent budget cuts, classes are becoming larger and sections are being cut, but I have not had a problem finding classes to make the perfect schedule. The classes are pretty easy because the class sizes are relatively small and there is more focus put on each individual student.

I have never lived on campus, but I do know that it is difficult to find on-campus housing because of the number of students versus the number of housing available. There are a lot of apartment complexes right off campus that offer good amenities for their price. The campus has a small environment and you often see people you know regularly. There is plenty of open areas to sit and lay or do homework, which is my favorite thing about campus.

They are very good at giving an admission decision promptly. The application is very simple to fill out and does not take much time. Financial aid takes a little bit of time to process, but I'm sure that is the case with most schools.

Oceanography Dept has great accessibility of professors and research opportunities.

Common Application, financial aid and scholarship opportunities

2008

well we do everything online

it is very good to study and it is fairly safe

they take the application and process as soon as possible