very nice... safe

2015

UD seems to be getting more and more selective, they make you submit SATs or ACTs and an essay. They will also make you write an essay to justify any grades below a C.

Breadth Requirements - required for all majors

Each major has required courses. Class sizes range from 15-25 students on average.

Housing can be handled better including the cost of living. The surrounding neighborhood consists of mostly college students.

Common Application, Supplement Application, Early Action, Regular Decision

very competitive, varying class sizes, huge opportunity to study abroad. tons of majors and minors, large general requirements

housing guaranteed, low crime, dining hall isn't great, great library, lovely campus, dining and housing somewhat pricey.

Common App with a supplement. Early date for honors and scholarship deadlines.

All the things named above are excellent at UD. The general requirements and core classes give good background knowledge & the degree requirements are interesting. There is plenty of academic advisement and the class sizes are reasonable. I like the professors a lot. Sometimes I get e-mails about research opportunities. I believe the grading is fair. I also have received e-mails about study abroad opportunities and I think that anyone who wants to study abroad could probably find an applicable trip to go on and get credit for and experience another country.

It is a very safe campus. It has everything. The library is wonderful. There are some really nice eateries like Panera Bread & Starbucks & Brew Ha Ha on Main Street.

essays, interviews, application

Very good.

Nothing unique to the process, pretty typical compared to other colleges. More selective in the admissions but the process itself is standard.

2006

As with most other schools, alot of the introduction courses had larger class sizes. I have been in a few classes where there were about 30 students which wasn't that much different than high school. All Freshman are required to take English 110. Also students are required to take a multicultural course and a discovery learning course( which can be completed through study abroard). My academic advisor helped me decide what classes to take and was easily accessible through email or walk-in office hours. Although I haven't done study abroard yet, there are tons of opportunities for all majors to study abroard. Also alot of students take advantage of Delaware's winter "semester" to study aboard or take a few extra classes.

My dorm is really nice. It's close to the library, student center, and the academic buildings. I never feel unsafe walking around campus. If i ever did feel unsafe there are public safety escorts and a blue light system for emergencies. I am incredibly happy on campus!

I'm pretty sure I did the Common Application with a seperate supplement. The application was not that much different than most other applications I completed. There is a seperate application to be considered for honors program. There wasn't any interview.

The academics were great at UD - the largest class size was 150 students, and that was only in a few classes (Psyc 100, General Bio/Chem) - most classes at UD had 20-40 students. Professors were very accessible and friendly, and always willing to help students. Degree requirements were reasonable and logical. There were lots of research opportunities and TONS of study abroad opportunities - you could go anywhere from England to New Zealand to Antarctica!

The residence halls are great and have very friendly and welcoming communities. I felt very safe on campus and never had any problems. The cost of living was reasonable, and the dining hall food, while not home-cooked food, was good. I was very happy on campus!

The application process was easy for UD - there were several essays that made you think, but overall the application was managable. UD has many scholarship opportunities for students, and I was lucky to be awarded several.

2008