The majority of students take liberal arts classes during their freshmen year. There are a specific amount of credits that each student must complete in order to graduate. Class sizes vary from courses. Most professors are available for every student in a course. Certain majors are competitive because at the end of the year only a limited number of students will stay in the major. Study abroad is very expensive, few students are enjoying this opportunity. The student decides the workload and amount of courses they wish to take.

The campus is clean and usually safe. The facilities and libraries benefit any aged person. The dining is terrible and I have heard from many people that they will not include the dining plan into their next semester. The location of the University of Delaware is in central Newark. Unfortunately the safety can be alarming since people off campus can cause harm around the area.

The admissions process is not original; the process contains questions, essays, early decision, and possible financial aid.

I found particularly difficult to meet with advisors or to get the right guidance from them.

Some classes are ridiculously easy, some ridiculously hard, most fall somewhere in the middle.

Pretty straight forward

I think the academics are good but the teachers are absolutely terrible. Delaware really needs to work on getting good teachers. I am only a freshman and have already experienced poor teachers in the math and science departments.

the building I am in is so old, and terrible. The dorms I am living in next year are new and nice. The food is absolutely repulsive. Housing costs a lot for what you get (8-9 foot room). There is crime in and around campus, I have not personally seen anything but I do get the UD crime alert.

The academics are highly recommendable, however, not all of the professors are very inviting for freshman. The science department is said to be great, but the professors seem to instill a hatred in their subjects for students. There are lots of options for majors and degrees, but scheduling is a pain because there are not enough sections for core classes and too many seats are reserved. I think it is also made to be very difficult to change majors based on requirements.

The cost of living is way too high and the dining meal plans are outrageously expensive. The housing maintenance staff is useless. The dorms are nice though.

The admissions process is very easy. It is just a simple essay format and basic/general information. The financial aid given from UD is very poor and very few scholarships are given out. I do not know of anyone who has ever received even a $10,000 academic scholarship. The price for tuition is skyrocketing and since there is few money given out, I would say this school is very greedy.

The engineering and science programs are very challenging and rigorous. The humanities classes are very easy. There are lots of majors and minors, and switching / adding is very easy and encouraged. Many people have multiple majors and/or minors. Class sizes are reasonable. Research is EVERYWHERE and easily accessable. Some professors are more accessible than others, but most are friendly. Study abroad is extremely popular and common.

Housing on campus is pretty good! It is guarenteed all four years. Main Street is the most popular destination for out-of-school fun (it has resteraunts, bars, a movie theater and a bowling alley, as well as some stores). There is a mall nearby and an ice-skating rink. There's not much crime.

They have their own application, not the common application. Pretty typical questions. Definitely worth applying for the honors department at the same time; they ask you to describe a book or equation that has inspired you.

Professors are always willing to help and have office hours for when you have questions. There are always study abroad programs to join. Class sizes are surprisingly small. They range from 7-150 people so far for me.

The food could be better. I've heard complaints of bugs, etc in the dining halls. I don't live on campus so I don't know how bad housing is. The dorms are bigger than most schools, just old buildings.

University of Delaware is more willing to take out of state freshman than instate. They're willing to take instate people after they have already completed a year or two of college somewhere else.

Lots of study abroad opportunities

Very high tuition costs w/ financial aid employees who weren't helpful.

2008