“Up and Coming Institution”
April 2018CURRENT STUDENT

Challenging and rigorous engineering programs. Large in size. Many extra curricular opportunities. An abundance of research opportunities. For the scale of the school, the professors make themselves, readily available. Many career resources readily available.

It doesn't have the same feel as some more established schools. School spirit is lacking. It feels like a commuter school as most live off or far from campus. General lack of school traditions.

Comments

Excellent opportunities for all sorts of educational experiences, but you must be able to put yourself out there, or you run the risk of getting lost in the sea of students.

“UCF”
February 2016FORMER STUDENT

There's a lot of people and a lot to do

Classes can be too big and there isn't enough seats

Comments

You will meet a lot of new people and get to experience college

I really love the curriculum at UCF. I'm double majoring in Creative Writing and RTV Production and I haven't taken a class yet that hasn't challenged and intrigued me. I'm very happy with my experiences here at UCF. The opportunities for additional learning through research are amazing and numerous as well as the opportunities for study abroad.

I lived in the Towers my freshman year, the best dorms on campus, and it was a wonderful experience. I had my own room and a bathroom I had to share with one of my three roommates. The RAs were very helpful in most situations and there were no incidents of crime or break-ins that permeated the dormitory. They are expensive dorms, though. That's definitely a fact.

I don't really remember the application process, but the scholarship opportunities are really great. There's always something to apply for.

Core classes are probably the ones that students like the least. But once you get settled into your major field(s) of interest, the classes are a lot of fun.

I live off campus, but I am on campus every day and I always have a great time. The campus is very active and the organizations that I am involved with are always doing big things.

Very basic and easy. The application is online, and there were two essay questions.

General Education courses followed by specialization courses and required internships. Academic advising is easily accesible and my avg class size is 25.

Housing is comfortable, cost ofliving is afforadble with tons of forms of support, capus is huge but still feels like a home, te facilities and lbirary are modern and constatntly improving. I never feel unsafe on campus.

Application includes unique essay questions. I applied as a regular decision student and filed a FAFSA as per the schools request to receive financial aid.

Large class sizes depending on your major, professors provide syllabus at the beginning of each semester that includes their office hours, many study abroad opportunities, academic advising is great since they send friendly reminders.

Overall happiness, great library, beautiful scenery, rec and wellness expansion is phenomenal.

Common Application, Roll-in admission, essays, resume

Being a large university, it is hard to sum up all of the aspects of academic life. For example, in the Honors College, classes have no more than 20 students. LEAD Scholars classes are no larger than 30. In other programs, classes can range from video streamed to large lecture style to intimate discussions. When in lower division classes, you will normally have more students in your classes than higher division classes.

For major degree requirements, there are many, but I really love how the degree programs at UCF put an emphasis on service learning, internships, and research. Being next to Research Park gives us amazing opportunities for research and being in Orlando gives us an unparalleled opportunity for internships and service learning experiences. And this opportunity for experiences extends even outside our country's borders as our study abroad programs offer tons of experiences for students to learn and grow.

Our campus is diverse, friendly, and full of amazing opportunities for fun and personal growth. We have excellent Recreation and Wellness Facilities, comfortable and safe student housing (with a quality beyond anything else I've ever seen at other universities), and lots of study spaces conducive to productivity.

There are unique application questions, essays, and it's a rolling decision. Just by applying, you are eligible for "Pegasus Gold" and "Pegasus Silver" scholarships. Another option once you are accepted is to apply to the Burnett Honors College and the LEAD Scholars program, both of which I applied to and cannot imagine my college experience without.

It depends what is your major, but ocre classes are almost same for everyone. Nothing to worry about. I didn't have great experience with academic advising so I decided to choose classes on my own all the time. There is a great research opportunity at UCF, plenty seminars, classes to prepare you for research and faculty is so knowledgable and helpful.

Housing at the Rosen College is very upscale, but very expensive. You pay around $700 per month per room in 4bedroom appartment and 2 bathrooms. On the other hand you have housekeeping service once a week. Campus in fantastic at Rosen College, everything is brand new, it is small campus so everything is in walking distance. It is very safe, relaxing place.

I applied as an International student on F-1 visa, so I needed to go through much more paperwork than other students. Essays were easy, you just write on the topic that interest you more and want to foccuss why University sould choose rather you than other student. As an International student I wasn't eligile for any financial aid from school, but later on Rocky Blesso who is one of the best advisor for international students told me about EELI who helped me out with financing my education.

2009

General education requirements are standard. Class sizes are large, but there are opportunities for research and study abroad (though often poorly advertised).

Second to none!

The application was standard. And admission was regular decision.

Professors are accessible and research, internship, job, teaching assistant opportunities are all widely available and publicized.

I live on campus. It is slightly expensive, but worth this expense. The people are wonderful and the quality of living is excellent.

The admissions process includes an application with unique essay questions. There is a separate application for the Honors program.