challenging

good everything

UC common app

GEs then major requirements

On-campus or off-campus housing, 700+ student organizations

UC application (SATs, essays, etc).

it depends on the classes you take. Some of my classes have been huge with 300+ people and some have been small with less than 100. But almost always the faculty encourage us to come and talk to them. THey are friendly and most of the time are not "out to get you"

Housing is great, food is delicious, gym is amazing, and the campus is beautiful. Anyone who complains about UCLA has serious issues. THe only problem with ucla is that quite often people can be fake. You just need to find your niche.

common UC application, essay questions, no letters of recommendations, financial aid portion

I really enjoy my core Nursing classes (major classes). I really dislike taking the general science classes like Chemistry and Life Sciences because I don't enjoy the huge classrooms and the competitive atmosphere in those classes and that it feels as though i'm competing against people for the curve.

Housing on campus is much too expensive. I feel efforts for on campus housing buildings and all that money should be focused elsewhere. While it is nice they are trying to guarantee housing for up to 4th year now, I really don't find it necessary and most people want to leave. Campus definitely does not have enough student spaces. Since it is the smallest UC, there just isn't enough space. Budget cuts and tuition hikes are affecting my quality of life at school such as registering for classes, library hours, shuttle/bus hours, and how I see so many of my friends struggling with working 30+ hours a week to pay for tuition. I feel it is about time that this university really work on behalf of students because I don't really feel that and I know a lot of my friends don't either.

supplemental essay, included a resume, and two letters of recommendation for the UCLA School of nursing in addition to the UC application.

Huge classes. Impersonal.

Relationships with faculty rare.