University of California, Berkeley

“Great academics and its strong brand name helps you succeed in every field”
January 2018CURRENT STUDENT

Great reputation, academics, research opportunities, smart students, beautiful campus, many places to study, and available internships.

Housing is very hard to find because there are too many students. The homeless population near campus makes it unsafe at times, but school has some resources to protect students.

Comments

Make use of career center, handshake, and cold emails to get plenty of access to jobs and internships.

“Amazing School”
December 2017FORMER STUDENT

Amazing professors; amazing classes; intellectual student body; diversity of opinion; a degree that garners respect.

Very large classes can make you feel a little lost at times; administration is rigid in its policies.

Comments

It is the number 1 public school in the nation. Attending UC Berkeley is an honor and all students admitted should seriously consider attending, visit campus and at least one or two classes.

“Great!”
October 2017FORMER STUDENT

Location is the best, as its great to be part of the bay area exmployers and environment.

so its a little dirty, but that is part of the "character".

Comments

You should consider this school, but also consider Stanford if you get it.

“University Experience”
March 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Teachers, opportunities to research, great name and job prospects, variety of classes and majors.

The large class sizes, sometimes hard to register for classes due to large majors.

Comments

Visit the campus, sit in to classes, network with older students.

“Great place to go if you are artistic & hipster”
February 2016CURRENT STUDENT

The liberal and innovative environment in general. I learned a lot about my life & what kind of person i truly am just by interacting with the amazing people here.

It can be dangerous sometimes at night. Also rent is expensive in this area.

Comments

Actually talk to lots of alumni before you come. Choosing college is all about personality fit.

“UCB”
December 2015CURRENT STUDENT

Diverse Culture

Good professors

Various research opportunities

Lovely campus view

Some classes are so big that not all the student can be taken good care of

Comments

Diverse Culture

Good professors

Various research opportunities

Lovely campus view

“UCB Review”
November 2015FORMER STUDENT

I like the rigorous courses and a wide variety of course selections the best. It's a truly great academic institution.

I don't like the extreme competitiveness among students. It's hard to make friends in such an environment.

Comments

It would be great if you could come to the campus and talk to some students to make sure if Berkeley is a fit for you.