“The quality of life at Tulane University”
April 2018CURRENT STUDENT

I love the mix of cultures between the city of New Orleans and the campus of Tulane.

I do not think Tulane University has a strong math department

Comments

This school is a great choice if you are looking for a middle ground between a big state school and a small specialized school. You get to meet all different types of people in a city filled with so much culture.

“Perfect Fit”
September 2015FORMER STUDENT

Faculty to is amazing.

Opportunities to take classes with world class professors like James Carville.

Social scene cannot be beaten no matter what your interests.

HOT in August and September.

Registration process can be a bit of beast.

Comments

You should visit the campus -- that's where I fell in love!

“Amazing Univeristy”
August 2015FORMER STUDENT

Tulane is located in the heart of Uptown New Orleans so there is so much to do and see! And even if you don't want to venture into the city, the campus is beautiful and there is always a ton of stuff going on!

I would have liked if there was more school spirit for the athletic department.

Comments

Take advantage of being in New Orleans, which is a fun and historically interesting city!

General Requirements: one math, one english. foreign language, one lab science, 2 fine arts, 2 social sciences, public service

Major Degree Requirements: Two-tier public service, capstone

Class sizes: only one lecture hall on campus, so not many large classes, classes usually 30 students or less.

Work load: challenging but worth it

Faculty: extremely assessable, want you to do well.

Everyone is happy here, its a motivating environment and a fun environment at exactly the right balance. Facilities are great, the gym is awesome!!

Easy! Free application, one essay. Early action available. GREAT scholarships.

The business school is excellent. I feel the faculty is always available to help students and we use real world examples in Socratic seminar style classes to extract every piece of information out of the course possible. Even my accounting classes are discussion based.

Going to school at Tulane in New Orleans is an experience unlike any other. The school is in an amazing city that continues to amaze me. The novelty of the city has not worn off after two years here and I discover something new every day.

The application process is pretty straightforward... I believe that they have added more Tulane specific essays since I applied do to the overwhelming increase in applications.

Common application with a personal statement. Merit scholarships are announced with admission.

general requirments include foregin language, math, lab science, english. Class size is usually small, from 12-40 students. Many lecture classes are rare. Professors are very accessible. It is competitive and students work really hard.

many opportunities for housing, very convenient when living on campus. 1 dining hall open from 7am-10am. library very nice, first floor redone, lots of resources. have our own police force, TUPD. saferides will pick you up anywhere in a 2 mile radius and bring to you whatever destination at night.

Tulane gave a lot of students the opportunity to get a free application, a more personal application in which you only had to write one essay.

general core for newcomb-tulane, core classes for individual majors, good academic advising, small class size, very accessible professors, good research opportunities, competitive admission, fair grading, very notable faculty (james carville), lots of study abroad options, fair workload

essays, application, easrly action, common app, lots of financial aid and scholarship opportunities

you can make it what you want. Teachers and classmates are always there to help. No one is mean and compeditive. Everyone wants you to do well. You get a good education here without suffering.

Living on campus is a blast and the rooms are not that bad. Its college, what do you expect? The library is hip and there is a huge variety in dining. There are always programs going on and people always seem to be doing something. It is a safe campus and i have never felt uncomfortable on campus. I love it and see others with smiles! GREEN WAVE!

fine