amazing

takes a while...

The common curriculum that all students must complete in addition to the course work for their major offers a wide variety of classes and ensures that the student gets course work in everything from the sciences to math to art to literature. I believe that this very liberal arts approach to a college education is indespensible for creating well-rounded students. Most class sizes (with the exception of courses like pre-med biology) are no larger than 30 and most common curriculum courses are fairly easy to get into whenever you want. Professors are extremely accessible. I have found that if you would like to find out about research or internship opportunities, professors are also extremely willing to sit down and talk to the student about how to reach his or her academic/research/internship goals. Trinity professors and the university itself are also really well connected and have a great deal of resources at their disposal to benefit the students.

Trinity requires that students live on campus for 3 years during their time at Trinity. Housing is wonderful and the meal plans are generous. I am moving off campus for my final year at Trinity, but I do not regret spending 3 years living on campus. My time living on campus made for wonderful opportunities to make friends and stay focused on my studies. Trinity's campus is also extremely well located from entertainment and shopping.

Trinity's admission process is conducted through the Common Application. The student has the choice to do an early decision/early action application or to do regular decision. As long as the student indicates that he/she would like financial assistance, and submits a FAFSA (for need-based assistance), Trinity is EXCELLENT about gathering scholarships, grants, subsidized and unsubsidized loans, and federal work study money for the student to either decline or accept.

Trinity has a three year housing requirment which really gives the school a tight nit sense of community

I could describe the amazing academics at my school in several paragraphs but I will try to summarize the most important points in a couple of sentences. First the class sizes and faculty ratio are essential to our learning experience. My biggest class is of 15 people and the smallest of 6. Trinity University's student to faculty ratio is 9-1. We, students, have access to full time professors (which 97% hold a PhD)the entire day. The vast resources Trinity provides its 2400 students enhances our learning experience since it is very personal and you have the opportunity to test your knowledge and learning. Classes are very demanding and grading is tough, but still classes are very rewarding and extremely interesting. Trinity posses notable faculty in most of its departments, especially in the Economics and Business departments. It has one economics teacher who is considered to be in the top 5 economists in America (Jorge Gonzalez). Regarding the study abroad opportunities, I believe that there is no other school that offers such broad and easy study abroad opportunities (a great study abroad department and personnel). Trinity is one of the unique schools where students can do study abroad over the weekend. From my personal experience, I traveled to Monterrey (Mexico) with a group of students and professors in a single weekend. We attend a Simposium at the Tecnologico de Monterrey. This trip is organized every single semester and by now more than 500 students have attended this program. I strongly believe that academics at Trinity University need to be recognized a lot more in a national level and deserves a much higher level of national prestige due to the excelence of the university.

It is amazing, everyone is so friendly and ready to help that they make you feel like if you are at home. The facilities are fantastic, the dorms are huge and neat. The campus as a whole is beautiful and perfect size fro 2500 students.

The application process for Trinity University included several questions, essayas, information; plus a common application. Although I was in the top 5 students in my class and an interntational student, getting a good scholarship is very competitive, however it is possible since Trinity has great scholarship opportunities for internationals. That is why almost every single international classmates at Trinity was the top students of its class or at least in the top 5. In order to take advantage of these scholarship opportunities it is a great idea to choose early decision or action due to the vast demand and competitiveness.

Every course is taught by a professor or person who at least has their masters, none of our classes are taught by TA's. Studying abroad is very common, a lot of students take advantage of it. There are a variety of required common curriculum courses, but only particular areas are required, with a substantial amount of options in each area. Grading is difficult. Workload is high, however it is manageable.

Spacious dorms, decent quality. Meal plans are required if you live on campus. library is top-notch. Crime occurs in the library, because it is open to the public (sexual harassment on occasion.) Everyone complains but it really isn't that bad to live on campus. School food is better than at other places.

I do not specifically recall everything about the admissions process, however I do know that the essay choices were flexible, and that I received a substantial amount of scholarships to attend. Additionally Financial Aid has been very helpful in supplementing the cost of attendance.

The classes and professors set very high standards and are available if you have quesitons. The classes are usually 6-20 people and so it is easy to get to know professors.

The dorms are really nice and the food is pretty decent. There is alot of social things to attend all the time.

There were essay questions and an option to go early decision/early action. Financial aid was very helpful and the reason I am able to attend Trinity.

Trinity offers a great common curriculum program that provides students with a general education background, growing an appreciation for all areas of study. However, this program allows students to chose from a wide variety of courses in many different departments to fulfil these requirements. Class sizes are small, averaging at 20, but I've taken courses with only five or six students. Professors are always available for help or simply to chat and are active in other activities on campus as well. Grading is always fair and assisting in learning and professors are always willing to explain or clarify grading. The atmosphere is not competitive, but instead an atmosphere of friendly peer help. Students are always willing to help each other rather than trying to defeat the other students in their courses. Study abroad is organized through outside programs so that students have more opportunity. Students can enrol in any program, going to any country in the world. Currently, there are students on all six habitable continents.

Trinity has wonderful residential facilities! All the dorms are essentially the same so no one ever gets a dreaded "bad dorm" Every room has a balcony and shares a private bathroom with the room next door. The campus is divided into Lower and Upper campus. Lower campus includes student life facilities, dorms, the dining hall and athletic facilities. Dining is ala carte style, so students learn to budget their money. The food is great and there are all kinds of options so food doesn't get old. The campus is really safe, especially for being right in the middle of San Antonio. I always feel safe on campus and have had no experiences with crime.

The application process uses the Common App as well as a supplement. Trinity offers Early Decision as well as two Early Action deadlines. Financial aid is great and there are many different scholarship opportunities for things like Debate, Theatre and Music. However, you needn't be a major to be considered for these scholarships.

Depending on the field you choose, you will either receive a fairly grueling but highly fascinating education, or a simple degree in economics. Professors are more or less always willing to discuss problems concerning the course, and oftentimes reaching out further than the core material requires. Class sizes are generally small except for introductory classes. Research is nearly a guarantee to students who are really interested in it. Classes are competitive but on a healthy level. Study abroad is highly encouraged and easily accessible.

Pretty standard application unless you are international (and I am), in which case you have to declare any need with your regular application, and the university guarantees to fulfill that need fully if you are accepted.

There is the common curriculum, which ensures every student gets a well rounded education. The common curriculum has you taking classes that you choose, but in a wide variety of departments. The common curriculum is actually great because it allows you to take classes outside your major that just sound interesting that often end up being your favorite. It is also fantastic if you don't know what you want to major in, by allowing you to sample different classes, even ones you never would have taken otherwise.

The dorms are pretty awesome--many have walk in closets, which is AMAZING. And there is a cleaning service that comes and cleans your room and your entire bathroom every two weeks, which trust me, is the best thing in the world once you're in college. The campus is extremely safe, there's lots of cool restaurants and places to go that are actually within walking distance (Taco Taco, anywhere on Broadway...etc). The dining is college food, so people will complain, but it's pretty good overall. There's a good selection and there's some things--like their sandwiches--that are better that I can find anywhere else, actually. Overall, pretty much everyone is happy on campus and enjoy living in the dorms.

All application deadlines are available including early decision, there is common app with the essay and some Trinity supplements which consist of short essay paragraphs the student has to fill out. There are lots of merit scholarships given out to students which is great!

124 hours required, common curriculum classes required, skills requirements, majors usually require around 60 hours, class sizes are small, excellent relationships with professors, ample research opportunities in chemistry and psychology, studying abroad encouraged, heavy workload in science classes

Housing is excellent - huge rooms, suite-style, etc. Cost is pretty high, food is not bad but does get boring, is not of excellent quality, and is over-priced. Library is well-stocked and anything they don't carry you can get through interlibrary loan. Little crime (a few car breakins), very safe. I was very satisfied!

Scholarships are common but financial aid is pretty strict, that's about all I remember.