The common curriculum that all students must complete in addition to the course work for their major offers a wide variety of classes and ensures that the student gets course work in everything from the sciences to math to art to literature. I believe that this very liberal arts approach to a college education is indespensible for creating well-rounded students. Most class sizes (with the exception of courses like pre-med biology) are no larger than 30 and most common curriculum courses are fairly easy to get into whenever you want. Professors are extremely accessible. I have found that if you would like to find out about research or internship opportunities, professors are also extremely willing to sit down and talk to the student about how to reach his or her academic/research/internship goals. Trinity professors and the university itself are also really well connected and have a great deal of resources at their disposal to benefit the students.

Trinity requires that students live on campus for 3 years during their time at Trinity. Housing is wonderful and the meal plans are generous. I am moving off campus for my final year at Trinity, but I do not regret spending 3 years living on campus. My time living on campus made for wonderful opportunities to make friends and stay focused on my studies. Trinity's campus is also extremely well located from entertainment and shopping.

Trinity's admission process is conducted through the Common Application. The student has the choice to do an early decision/early action application or to do regular decision. As long as the student indicates that he/she would like financial assistance, and submits a FAFSA (for need-based assistance), Trinity is EXCELLENT about gathering scholarships, grants, subsidized and unsubsidized loans, and federal work study money for the student to either decline or accept.

I could describe the amazing academics at my school in several paragraphs but I will try to summarize the most important points in a couple of sentences. First the class sizes and faculty ratio are essential to our learning experience. My biggest class is of 15 people and the smallest of 6. Trinity University's student to faculty ratio is 9-1. We, students, have access to full time professors (which 97% hold a PhD)the entire day. The vast resources Trinity provides its 2400 students enhances our learning experience since it is very personal and you have the opportunity to test your knowledge and learning. Classes are very demanding and grading is tough, but still classes are very rewarding and extremely interesting. Trinity posses notable faculty in most of its departments, especially in the Economics and Business departments. It has one economics teacher who is considered to be in the top 5 economists in America (Jorge Gonzalez). Regarding the study abroad opportunities, I believe that there is no other school that offers such broad and easy study abroad opportunities (a great study abroad department and personnel). Trinity is one of the unique schools where students can do study abroad over the weekend. From my personal experience, I traveled to Monterrey (Mexico) with a group of students and professors in a single weekend. We attend a Simposium at the Tecnologico de Monterrey. This trip is organized every single semester and by now more than 500 students have attended this program. I strongly believe that academics at Trinity University need to be recognized a lot more in a national level and deserves a much higher level of national prestige due to the excelence of the university.

It is amazing, everyone is so friendly and ready to help that they make you feel like if you are at home. The facilities are fantastic, the dorms are huge and neat. The campus as a whole is beautiful and perfect size fro 2500 students.

The application process for Trinity University included several questions, essayas, information; plus a common application. Although I was in the top 5 students in my class and an interntational student, getting a good scholarship is very competitive, however it is possible since Trinity has great scholarship opportunities for internationals. That is why almost every single international classmates at Trinity was the top students of its class or at least in the top 5. In order to take advantage of these scholarship opportunities it is a great idea to choose early decision or action due to the vast demand and competitiveness.

Trinity has a three year housing requirment which really gives the school a tight nit sense of community

Every course is taught by a professor or person who at least has their masters, none of our classes are taught by TA's. Studying abroad is very common, a lot of students take advantage of it. There are a variety of required common curriculum courses, but only particular areas are required, with a substantial amount of options in each area. Grading is difficult. Workload is high, however it is manageable.

Spacious dorms, decent quality. Meal plans are required if you live on campus. library is top-notch. Crime occurs in the library, because it is open to the public (sexual harassment on occasion.) Everyone complains but it really isn't that bad to live on campus. School food is better than at other places.

I do not specifically recall everything about the admissions process, however I do know that the essay choices were flexible, and that I received a substantial amount of scholarships to attend. Additionally Financial Aid has been very helpful in supplementing the cost of attendance.

The classes and professors set very high standards and are available if you have quesitons. The classes are usually 6-20 people and so it is easy to get to know professors.

The dorms are really nice and the food is pretty decent. There is alot of social things to attend all the time.

There were essay questions and an option to go early decision/early action. Financial aid was very helpful and the reason I am able to attend Trinity.

amazing

takes a while...

Very challenging degree programs with a wide variety of subjects and courses to take. Very competitive. Small class sizes. Very readily available advisors and professors. Grading challenging but fair.

Very selective admissions process, but very straightforward. Financial aid and scholarship opportunities quickly pointed out to students who require them.

Class sizes are small and the incredible professors work with you on a one on one basis a lot of time. There are plenty of research opportunities starting after your sophomore year and the study abroad programs are highly encouraged. The classes are demanding but fun because of the enthusiasm of the professors who are all engaged in their own areas of research.

The cost of living is very high and the food distributor on campus gets old after a year or two. But it is very safe and having all your friends on campus makes it easy to see them and study together. There wasn't really a sense of community on halls for me because none of my friends lived on my hall. The dorms are great.

I don't remember much but I know that they looked for high GPA's and SAT scores and they worked well with me and my financial situation so I would be able to attend once I was accepted.

must have C or better in any major class, usually 3/4 of a major is core classes with 1/4 electives in the major. The academic advising is very good because freshman are guided by the hand through all class decisions. You meet with your freshman advisor (a professor) at least once a semester, but if you have any questions or problems they can help you out at anytime. If the question is outside of their expertise, they will go find out the answer for you. Once you declare you can pick which professor you want as your advisor, and you also get a secondary advisor for all secondary majors. Classes are generally under twenty students. Professors are always available, usually even at their homes and research opportunities are ample, only in the most competitive fields are students turned down.

two essays and the common texas application, i think. I don't remember the details.

All around excellent academic studies; no glaring weaknesses in any department I have encountered. Small class size gives students personal relationship with professor. Very low drop out rate. Very large and organized study abroad program.

Dine requirement that forces you to eat Aramark is annoying, but otherwise the housing requirement really creates a sense of community on campus. Facilities are all top notch, including the library. Brackenridge Park next to campus is an awesome inner city park, as well as the Japanese Tea Gardens and the San Antonio Zoo. Lack of a sidewalk on Hildebrand is annoying, though. Campus is referred to as "Trinity Bubble," Campus atmosphere is COMPLETELY different from neighborhood, especially culturally but also economically.

Just Common Curriculum. Gives out a lot of scholarships.