“UT Review”
January 2019CURRENT STUDENT

The culture of UT is probably the best part of the school. I enjoy the atmosphere and the teachers who strive to better their students.

Some programs are given more attention than others. In my program, I have had tons of huge lecture classes while others usually have classes with 15-25 people

Comments

UT is a great school for someone looking to go somewhere that has diversity as well as prestige.

Very demanding. Class sizes are huge. But professors do make themselves available.

Quality is amazing. I feel safe. People in the community are splendid. Crime is well reported and shared.

Typical apply texas application. Couple of UT essays.

It's a holistic review to get into the business honors program. Thus, students need to be well- rounded. They can't just excel in one area.

Many of the general requirement classes are pretty big, but once you start getting into courses that are important they get significantly smaller. My professors were very accessible even in the large classes.

Housing isn't too bad, the cost is high, but about the same as off-campus in Austin. The library and other facilities are very nice. The food is pretty bad though.

-must take pre-requistes that only can be done at UT.

I'm in McCombs School of Business, which offers a number of majors that are all ranked within the top 10 in the country. Work load is demanding

It's perfect.

Texas Common Application which included two essay questions; however, when I applied (and was accepted), the 10% law was still in effect.

Within UT, the mccombs school business is extremely competitive. The classes are relatively small so professors are very accesible during office hours. The faculty is amazing. I have never had a teacher who was underprepared for the job.

The facilities are all amazing. Crime is relatively low. Everyone loves the atmosphere of austin. There are many dining options on campus.

There were several unique application questions and essays but some were identical to those of other Texas schools (Common Application). THere were no interviews and no option for early decision or early action. I applied for several scholarships but did not receive any.

Fill out the ApplyTexas application and the UT supplemental application, which consisted of a few essays. Rolling admissions.

very competitive program with excellent professors

the campus is a wonderful, vibrant community to live in

essays, and other standard applications

Major clases include general education classes and then major course work that gets more in depth.

Great!

UT takes only the top 10%. McCombs only selects the top 2% out of the students who apply.