Cost of living is constantly increasing. The university library is excellent. They even have a interlibrary loan system for the book you need that it does not have.

Applicants must complete the Texas Common application, two essays, and must have letters of recommendations as well.

Class sizes are huge, even in upper-level major specific courses, if you are interested in research or becoming a professional academic, this could be a great fit, but if you are more interested in practical application, look elsewhere

expensive, and the areas around campus are expensive too

Texas common application, with specific colleges requesting additional essays; there is almost no university sponsored financial aid, but the alumni group offers competitive scholarships

It is not worth applying here if you are not in the top 10% ( i think that they may have changed it to top 8%) of your high school's graduating class. You will be referred to the CAP program, which is a disorganized waste of time. You would be better off going to another school

General requirements, honors classes, interdisciplinary certificates, research opportunities, high accessibility of professors, plus/minus grading, study abroad opportunities across the map. varying class sizes from 10-500.

Fraternities and sororities are annoying if you aren't in one. Housing can be expensive off-campus but is cheap if you have financial aid because of a program they have in Austin called SMART Housing. Crime is usually stuck to one area, and the library is nice. I wish they had more dining in some of the buildings

Common Application with unique application questions and essays. Transcript requests, volunteer experience, student organization involvement, previously attended colleges and transcripts, financial aid opportunities. Limited college choices.

Business classes are generally tougher than most, except for architecture, engineering, and natural science (physics, chemistry, biology) classes. However, they are do-able, especially if you're only taking 12 hours.

Students who push themselves will take 15+ hours, and many students are double or triple majoring, or on a pre-professional track (law, med).

I've noticed my Spanish classes are fairly easy; probably easier than a one or two Spanish high school classes. However, I am Hispanic.

In my psychology classes, the student quality is not as good as the Business Honors Program, so averages tend to be lower. However, these type of classes are simply memorization classes, and there is lots to learn.

Class sizes in the Business Honors Program are small (30-40), but otherwise go near 60-80. Core classes (economics, calculus, beginning science) at UT usually have 200 students in them. I guess they do it to weed people out.

The most popular dorm is Jester. Frankly, it's the most affordable and the convenience is great, with the business school, gym, and library all across the street.

Campus is huge at UT, and appropriate housing locations depend on what college you're in. Libraries are nice, with lots of material for access, but there are reports of some stealing (laptops, backpacks). Downtown is close by, so you experience the city feel at UT.

Specifically, the university as a whole was not that difficult to attend, due to the Top 10% rule, which guarantees admission of students from Texas public schools.

However, the individual honors programs, such as the Business Honors Program, which I am in, are very selective. The honors programs typically use the same essays submitted for the normal UT application. Therefore, if I weren't applying for an honors program, I could have basically written a poor essay and still gotten in under the Top 10% rule.

Early decision and regular decision only apply for honors programs, but I did not apply early.

With regards to financial aid, I think the university compensates National Merit scholars well. However, besides that I think the University of Texas just expects the individual colleges to provide scholarships. Frankly, I believe McCombs does a poor job rewarding students, and leaves it mainly up to corporate scholarships, which they do communicate about.

Just getting into UT-Austin versus getting into the honors program, are two very different process. I would say the Business Honors Program applications are structured more like Ivy Leagues, with interviews, resumes, and recommendations considered.