“Satisfied”
December 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Large diversity of programs and activities

Strong in research

Beautiful campus and friendly people

Not top ranked for B-school

Expensive (as most schools)

Lack of intellectual curiosity from many students

Comments

Focus your comparisons between UofA and other schools by looking into the specific department(s) that interest you.

I enjoyed my major classes the most. My classes were small because my major was small, it was a close community in which we could rely on each other and gain support from our teachers.

I recommend living off campus at an apartment, that is not university owned because it is cheaper and there is more space.

I made the decision for my major before i attended college, the problem was finding the right college that offered my major. To apply for a college, fill out the application and all that is required for admittance to the college.

Professors are willing to help anybody with questions. They don't tolerate cheating.

Nice environment, people are friendly and everything looks in good shape and clean.

Upon applying to business school, you are required to submit a resume and a cover letter. A test is given about Business M ath and Accounting afterwards there is an interview of about two people asking questions about why you want to go to Business School. If you do well on both the test and the interview you get accepted or else they'll allow you to take the test a second chance and if still you do not pass it then that's it. You have to wait till next semester to reapply.

I just recomend anyone to expect the heavy amount of homework. My advice is to get tutoring, such as going to the think tank or to instructors' offices hours.

Living on campus is expensive, that's why I live at home with my family. The library is easy to access and you do ot have to be a former U of A student to use the computers there.

The application process is straight forward, the only thing an applicant may get stuck at is writing a good personal statement. Students get the opportunity of receiving financial aid and even the Arizona Assurance Scholarship which covers about everything a student needs.

essays, gre scores

Haven't had any problems yet except in the general education classes. All science/engineering/math classes have been amazing.

I'm an engineering student. It is not really possible to rate my experience a 10 unless I didn't care about my grades.

Grades must be good. Essay.

Core classes include Geometrical optics, physical optics, E&M, solid-state optics, and quantum optics. Class sizes usually range from 10 to 35 students.

Requirements include GPA 3.0 or higher, 3 letters of recommendation, transcripts, statement of purpose, CV, GRE, BS in optics, mathematics, physics, engineering, or similar field.

General requirements are exceptional at the U of A. Core classes not only get us closer to our degrees but also help us to learn things that aid us in our everyday lives. Class sizes ranged but never interrupted my learning in a negative way. All of my professors were extremely helpful and I got aid from them whenever I needed it.

I am very happy with my new school. I do not live on campus but getting there by riding my bike is always safe. Mountain, which leads right to the school, has very good bike lanes and is always lit at night with street lights, making it safe at all hours of the day. There is a variety of dining options within the school as well as around it that make it easy to find healthy food as well as things like Burger King. The options are great and extremely helpful.

The application process was very good. I was forced to submit it early on in my senior year which prevented me from procrastination which is very common for me.

2015

good class sizes, a lot of competitiveness, high emphasis on integrity and no cheating or even talking about exams. lots of study abroad opportunities and trips. Has notable faculty. Advising appointments are ok, wish there was walk-ins with major advisors. Workload is tough! Focus on group work in all classes.

I do not have a life on the school, i have a family so I do not spend any time at the school, unless I have to.

University application-early decision-1 application with transcripts, financial aid application is done automatically from FAFSA.

College of Business application-1application, essay, interview, transcripts, entrance exam, only 400 spots for business college each semester and 100 in my major-accounting.

Students are given a huge variety of general education classes to complete in addition to their major or minor classes. They group the classes very well and they have appropriate difficulty levels. The majority of the general education classes have a large number of students (my largest was 500 students) but it didn't bother me because I'm an attentive learner and sat in the front to make sure I didn't miss anything or was distracted. My adviser was very personable and patient with me, my teachers were all very easy to contact (all offer office hours and appointments) and the study abroad opportunities are one of the best parts of the school in my opinion. I studied abroad through another program because the one at my school fell through but Uof A offers many different programs in different cities and they ensure you get valuable credit in advancing your college career. I strongly urge everyone to study abroad and UofA does a fantastic job of promoting it.

The UofA just built a few more dorms and already had a booming campus life. Many freshman or incoming students live on campus and are very close to dining halls, athletic fields and events, libraries, the theater on campus, Campus Health, etc. Everyone I know who lived on campus their freshman year say it was the best decision they ever made. You meet so many new people because you're constantly around students your age and who are going through the same challenges or experiences as you. The cost of living is decent and affordable, there are multiple libraries available and study rooms inside the dorms, there is a wide range of food and UofA is adding healthier options every year, and the campus is very safe 24 hours every day (they have their own police and emergency alerts throughout campus you can activate if you are ever in danger. I found that when students live on campus, they are happier because they are in the mix of the constant activities at the school. UofA offers so many different ways to get involved, events to attend, and activities to participate in. Even if you're not a sports fan, the football and basketball atmosphere is hard to avoid and not enjoy at this school. UofA members are passionate people who have a sincere appreciation and devotion to their school. The reason why I loved UofA so much was because of its true college atmosphere. Tucson is a small town and a lot of the focus goes to UofA.

I don't really remember the application process or what was on it. I believe we made regular decisions, it was a common application and there were multiple financial aid/scholarship opportunities.