Everything is pretty much as you'd expect. The class sizes can get huge for certain classes, but that's normal for a school this size, and the classes don't often suffer for it. The study abroad program is excellent.

Dining is absolutely ridiculous. Buying groceries on campus, as i did while living in dorms, is basically just straight robbery. Cost of living is high and everything carries some kind of extra unexpected charge. Bring money to this place. But the quality of the school and all that is good. Just maybe not, "Holy ****, two years of school cost as much as a Lexus" good.

I applied with a high school GPA of 2.2, an SAT of 1990 and ACT 28. It was pretty clear that test scores mattered a lot more than proving that i was actually willing to do work. My guidance counselor's essay was about him more than it was me, my cross country coach wrote mostly about me being pretty, and i don't honestly remember what i wrote about at all, but i got accepted. It was regular/late decision, i decided on UA about 3 months before freshman orientation in june. Financial aid and scholarships are hard to come by.

The school needs to work to help students live a moral life. The liberal idea as propagated by the Campus Health department of "free sex, but please use a condom/birth control" destroys the real value of what an education at the University of Arizona could be. A truly educated person isn't just smart, he/she provides a strong moral support upon which generations can be built. Until the school works to help its students live clean lives, the students' contributions to society will dabble in mediocrity.

The general requirements are logical in that they are meant to provide students with a well-rounded education and also to teach them to learn in a variety of formats, even if the subject is not appealing to the student. Major requirements for both of my majors include a few core classes to ensure that every graduate has the same basic knowledge, but the student is allowed to narrow his or her focus as desired in the other upper-division courses. Advising likely varies by college or department, but I have had no issues in either of my majors. As at any school, there are professors that I did not like, but I have also learned from the best teachers I have ever had, some of whom are quite famous in their fields. Class sizes vary, but the average seems to be 25-30, which is fine. I've had 3 classes with just 10 students and two with over 500 each. The study abroad opportunities are incredible and something like 25% of UA students go abroad at some point during their academic career, which is impressive. I myself am taking advantage of two different programs abroad this year. To date, I have not earned any grades that I did not work hard for, so at least in the upper division classes in my majors, grading is appropriately strict.

I live 40 minutes away from campus, so I can't speak to the neighborhood or housing. Cost of living is more reasonable than California, my native state. The campus is large but accessible and features landscaping that is not typical of the desert, which is nice for students from other states. The facilities, like at most schools, are a mix of old and new. However, everything is well-maintained, as even the old stuff works. The library is large and has a good selection of materials. The materials it does not have can be obtained through an interlibrary loan for free. There are many restaurants on campus including several healthy eateries. Others include Chick-Fil-A, Papa Johns, fast food Asian, Burger King, etc. There are a lot of restaurants with a mile of campus as well, including some of my favorites in the Tucson area. (Frog & Firkin on University is a must-try place).

I am not certain if it is because I am an Arizona resident and attended the local community college, but I was not required to write an essay or do anything special. I submitted my application online, paid my registration fee, met with an advisor, and provided immunization records.

We are required to take 9 general education classes which are generally large in number. There are many study abroad oppurtunities available to students.

Cost of living is extremely high.

Easy application, wrote a couple essays.

Core classes are extremely well-taught, elective courses are sometimes less significant. There are study abroad programs, the faculty schedule office hours at convenient times and in typically convenient locations. There are research opportunities, and the workload can range from light to extremely heavy depending on the teacher and course. It varies.

Living in my sorority house has made for a very well-rounded, enjoyable, fun, convenient experience. It's pricy, but in the end cheaper than living off campus since meals are included. I typically feel very safe on campus at most hours.

essays, common application process, scholarship opportunities

At The University of Arizona I believe if you look hard enough, there are amazing opprotunities. As a psyc major I have done internships, have research experience, and have created relationships with faculty. You have to be willing to put yourself out there in the department, because no one hands you opprotunities, they must be worked for and found. I love my advisor, but I have heard horror stories of others in the department, you having to be willing to try a few, not just the one you are assigned to. Like anywhere there are bad and good classes it is all about your willingness to study and be a part of the class.

The campus is beautiful, there are a ton of places to eat, study, or just relax (if you ever have the time!) Cost of living is out of control (i.e. $650 to park a car for the year) and the dorms are also over priced. I live off campus and still feel a part of the community. I would not waste your money living on or near campus, if you drive about 15min east or west you can get much nicer housing for half the cost.

A standard application and essay were required, they considered you for a scholarship with your standard application.

I am a transfer student at the University of Arizona South campus. This campus has different academics, class sizes, competitiveness, etc. Therefore, I cannot speak for the main University of Arizona campus.

I am a non-traditional student attending the UA South campus. I live with my family so I do not have to worry about dorms and such. Since I am not even at the main campus, I cannot speak on the accommodations and facilities available to main campus students.

The admissions process is fairly typical. A prospective student must fill out an application, pay appropriate fees, fill out the FAFSA, meet with an advisor, etc.

It's a state school. Admissions isn't very difficult.

pretty standard application, very short essay

Usual online application. No interview. Basic short essay prompts. Quick decisions/response w/scholarship & honors status (not on separate application).