I have to take too many general education courses that are a waste of my time.

I live in a sorority house on campus so it is extremely convenient.

There is a form to be filled out with an attached essay.

Everything is pretty much as you'd expect. The class sizes can get huge for certain classes, but that's normal for a school this size, and the classes don't often suffer for it. The study abroad program is excellent.

Dining is absolutely ridiculous. Buying groceries on campus, as i did while living in dorms, is basically just straight robbery. Cost of living is high and everything carries some kind of extra unexpected charge. Bring money to this place. But the quality of the school and all that is good. Just maybe not, "Holy ****, two years of school cost as much as a Lexus" good.

I applied with a high school GPA of 2.2, an SAT of 1990 and ACT 28. It was pretty clear that test scores mattered a lot more than proving that i was actually willing to do work. My guidance counselor's essay was about him more than it was me, my cross country coach wrote mostly about me being pretty, and i don't honestly remember what i wrote about at all, but i got accepted. It was regular/late decision, i decided on UA about 3 months before freshman orientation in june. Financial aid and scholarships are hard to come by.

The school needs to work to help students live a moral life. The liberal idea as propagated by the Campus Health department of "free sex, but please use a condom/birth control" destroys the real value of what an education at the University of Arizona could be. A truly educated person isn't just smart, he/she provides a strong moral support upon which generations can be built. Until the school works to help its students live clean lives, the students' contributions to society will dabble in mediocrity.

Throughout your academic career you have to do take several general education classes. These typically are done in your first two years of classes but you can spread them out if you want. The GE classes are separated into 2 tiers, with the second tiers done mostly by your sophomore year. It depends on the major, but most majors need at least 60 units towards the degree. Completing a minor requires at least 18 towards that minor. Some majors require you to have a minor, but others, especially the engineering and science ones usually don't. Advisors are available for each and every student in any major, even those who are undecided. The class sizes for the general education classes are generally pretty big, as our school grows each and every year, while also decreasing staff due to budget costs. However, for those classes in your major, you can generally find smaller classes. Even with a bigger class size, the teachers are very easy to reach and can be met with. We are a big research university so there are always plenty of research opportunities available. Grading is the typical A, B, C, D, and E. We have quite a few notable professors at our school who have done a lot. There are also a lot of study abroad opportunities available, and we even have a helpful study abroad office to which students who are looking to study abroad can go to.

There are a lot of dorms throughout campus, but they are increasingly building more and increasing room because of the increase in students. We just built 2 new dorms and are renovating another. It can be costly to live on campus, but it is very convenient and I definitely recommend it, especially for freshmen. It is also not uncommon for sophomores to continue living on campus. There are honors dorms, and you can even live with those who are in the same program as you if it is available. If you become and RA you also get free housing, so that is a definite consideration if you wish to continue living on campus after freshman year. We have a nice library, as well as a smaller science and engineering library which offers a computer lab, printing services, and plenty of study area. The campus is considered a green campus, and it is kept up very nicely. It is probably one of the prettiest campuses and it definitely is what attracted me to UofA. There are quite a few food options on campus, but it can definitely get old if that is all you eat. However, there are also plenty of places within walking distance of the campus, so overall the food availabilities is very good. We have our own University of Arizona police force so the campus is kept very safe as they quickly respond to anything and are always seen around campus.

There is the main application packet you fill out, which includes the basic admissions application. You must submit either SAT or ACT scores, as well as your high school transcript. They have an early deadline as well as a normal deadline, which gives you some kind of discount on the enrollment fee. There are also an essay you must fill out as part of the application, which also serves as your application for general university scholarships. If you do well on the essay you are most likely to get at least some money. The University of Arizona is usually pretty generous with scholarships if you have a good GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and good essay. There is no interview.

Pretty simple; I just sat down and got it done. It wasn't something worth remembering, just something I had to do so I could move on to a better part of life: my college education.

All reasonable

I submitted a basic application about myself, there were no interviews or essays. It was rolling admissions, they provide a fair amount of financial aid and scholarship opportunities but heavily fund in-state students.

2 years of general requirements with large classes up to 500 students. Next 2 focus on major with more research opportunities, and more competition with students.

Overall happiness is great, meeting many new people, have a great job in the president's office, enjoying most classes and wanting to get more involved.

Common application with a personal essay

Core classes are extremely well-taught, elective courses are sometimes less significant. There are study abroad programs, the faculty schedule office hours at convenient times and in typically convenient locations. There are research opportunities, and the workload can range from light to extremely heavy depending on the teacher and course. It varies.

Living in my sorority house has made for a very well-rounded, enjoyable, fun, convenient experience. It's pricy, but in the end cheaper than living off campus since meals are included. I typically feel very safe on campus at most hours.

essays, common application process, scholarship opportunities

All students must take three humanities, three individuals and societies classes, three science classes, math, English, and a foreign language for at least two semesters. Each degree requires at least 120 units. Many degrees have an optional emphasis, involving more specialized classes in the subject. There are many research opportunities for students. It is a research university and almost all undergraduate science majors do research before they graduate, some for the entire four years.

I find it to be a really happy campus. There are tons of dining options and weekly specials to make eating on campus affordable. The library is always open.

Application involves a personal statement. By applying to the university, you are also applying to their available scholarships.

We are required to take 9 general education classes which are generally large in number. There are many study abroad oppurtunities available to students.

Cost of living is extremely high.

Easy application, wrote a couple essays.