All students must take three humanities, three individuals and societies classes, three science classes, math, English, and a foreign language for at least two semesters. Each degree requires at least 120 units. Many degrees have an optional emphasis, involving more specialized classes in the subject. There are many research opportunities for students. It is a research university and almost all undergraduate science majors do research before they graduate, some for the entire four years.

I find it to be a really happy campus. There are tons of dining options and weekly specials to make eating on campus affordable. The library is always open.

Application involves a personal statement. By applying to the university, you are also applying to their available scholarships.

I am a transfer student at the University of Arizona South campus. This campus has different academics, class sizes, competitiveness, etc. Therefore, I cannot speak for the main University of Arizona campus.

I am a non-traditional student attending the UA South campus. I live with my family so I do not have to worry about dorms and such. Since I am not even at the main campus, I cannot speak on the accommodations and facilities available to main campus students.

The admissions process is fairly typical. A prospective student must fill out an application, pay appropriate fees, fill out the FAFSA, meet with an advisor, etc.

Class sizes range a lot. For the big classes, some of the TA's don't even make themselves available enough for the students. Grad teachers think they're legitimate, they grade as if they think they're experienced professors (only some). Some teachers simply don't care about how effective they're laziness and difficult, frustrating grading is towards the students that actually work hard to maintain a good solid grade. But there are plenty of resources to use on campus, so there's basically no excuse for anything. Workload is expected at a high no matter what school you're at, it's necessary.

Cost of housing is ridiculous, I can rent an apartment and save about $2000 compared to dorms. All dining places should be open and available until 11pm everyday and open on the weekends! Library is fine, it's always open. Happiness, other than financially, it's great!

Just like any other college, be yourself in the personal statement, that's what makes you seem unique. I actually did early action because I know what I wanted. I narrowed my college choices to 2 main ones and then a few back-up ones. Soon as I got an acceptance letter, I stopped applying for other back-up colleges. Financial aid was easy to apply for with my high school counselor's assistance and scholarships were the hardest part about applying to college. Even though there are so many scholarships out there, it's hard to be unique when nothing really significant has happened to or just being middle-class/sort of poor. It took me so much time to figure out how to make myself sound unique through the admissions of the scholarships, but eventually it all turned out good because I did earn a few scholarships from my high school and a couple of other organizations.

The gen eds you need depend on your chosen major. For example, if you are in a science based major you will only require 2 years of foreign language (which you can test out of) and no natural sciences. If you are receiving a BA, a lot of times you will need 4 years of foreign language and gen ed natural sciences. The gen eds available include:

individuals and society classes or INDV (where one would need to take 2 tier I classes and 1 tier II for a total of 9 units)

traditions and cultures or TRAD (where one would need to take 2 of these or 6 units)

natural sciences or NATS (anywhere from 0-9 units)

english (1-2 semesters: honors english is only 1 semester but counts for both semesters you need)

tier II humuanities (3 units)

tier II arts (3 units)

There are lists of classes you can take to fulfill the INDV, TRAD, humanities, NATS, and arts requirements

Although it is an open campus, the crime rate is pretty low. Of course, with a large population of people in one area there is always bound to be a higher rate of crime than where it is more spread out, however it's usually nothing more than a bike theft.

Personal statement, rolling admissions, lots of scholarship opportunities (scholarship universe, tuition waivers, wildcat excellence, etc)

2 years of general requirements with large classes up to 500 students. Next 2 focus on major with more research opportunities, and more competition with students.

Overall happiness is great, meeting many new people, have a great job in the president's office, enjoying most classes and wanting to get more involved.

Common application with a personal essay

I am an honors student, so my classes for the most part were no more than twenty students

Core classes are extremely well-taught, elective courses are sometimes less significant. There are study abroad programs, the faculty schedule office hours at convenient times and in typically convenient locations. There are research opportunities, and the workload can range from light to extremely heavy depending on the teacher and course. It varies.

Living in my sorority house has made for a very well-rounded, enjoyable, fun, convenient experience. It's pricy, but in the end cheaper than living off campus since meals are included. I typically feel very safe on campus at most hours.

essays, common application process, scholarship opportunities

3 semesters of general education classes(for most majors). Major required classes, and some majors require minors. Each college has an academic advising office. Gen-ed classes were generally large, but major classes are fairly small. All of my professors with the exception of one or two have been extremely accessible, and willing to help. Almost all professors have TA's that have also been very willing to have office hours and help.

The student housing owned by university is really nice from what I have seen of it, but I never lived in student housing! But there is a lot of available housing near campus. I lived off campus for two years and got a shuttle that the university runs that has several stops down a main road that a lot of students live down. Cost of living is pretty cheap around campus. The campus is really nice and huge. The library offers everything, and the best places to study! There is a lot of dining on campus and within walking distance. As far as crime, I always have felt safe, but I have heard some stories of things happening in frat houses.

Common essay question: include a personal statement. Online application that asked about volunteer, sports, etc activities. No interview, unsure about early decision. Filled out the FAFSA along with my application and got a grant offered by the school (Arizona Assurance).

Some core classes possibly unnecessary but faculty is really good, makes class interesting. Have a wide catalog otherwise and a bunch of education opportunities like study abroad. Class sizes are everywhere from 15 people to 600. Usually smaller though.

Housing is generally nice with lots of options and the school makes it easy to transfer housing if you don't like what you get assigned. Campus is lively an there's always something to do. Library and dining options are solid. Tucson surrounds around campus so everything cool about Tucson is right near campus and it's a nice area of town.

Application is not too difficult. There is a short essay portion but that's pretty standard for bigger universities. They're good at communicating and you get a decision earlier than most other schools.

I have to take too many general education courses that are a waste of my time.

I live in a sorority house on campus so it is extremely convenient.

There is a form to be filled out with an attached essay.