The creative writing program is a joke. There are no qualifications to get in which means you will be workshopping with people that don't understand punctuation and just write something the night before and they will graduate for reasons you are unable to fathom. The creative writing major is really the English major in disguise because you are only allowed to take 4 workshop courses and everything else is literature courses, only one of which is mildly contemporary. You will be required to take English 380 which claims to be Literary Analysis. The professor can do whatever they like with this required course. Most professors use this to wax eloquent on things they wish to talk about and do not actually discuss how to analyze. You will read very few American authors. If you're into Chaucer or Milton this might work for you.

classes in my major are a joke, and have no real life application

tucson is a horrible place to live. crime is high.

easy i did it online

many classes very large, very few are small. general requirements are a joke. core classes for science seem fun, but the chemistry and biology departments are severely lacking good professors - my high school chemistry teacher taught better than the professors i had in college. academic advising very helpful and very easy to access, research opportunities plentiful but you have to be very persistent, something they don't tell you to begin with. not too competitive.

housing very nice but expensive. rec center newly renovated is very nice. many libraries. neighborhood feels safe on campus, but not off. limited dining options makes it hard to get variety.

An essay, no interview, rolling admission?, application online and not all through common app.

Essay question on application

Other

Each major has some core classes with a host of electives, as well as general education classes. My class sizes have generally been around 300-400 people with very inaccessible faculty. The only classes I've had where professors kept regular office hours have been elective classes with class sizes of about 30-50. I find the faculty here to be very lacking; I've had some who really stood out, but the majority have been bland, taken lesson plans and powerpoints directly from other universities, and don't listen to students when they ask for help.

On-campus housing is very expensive, and I've been mixed about my feelings. The facilities are usually crowded, but they're there. Nearby neighborhoods have much better housing. If I didn't search for things off campus, I wouldn't find them. I've had to carve out my own space on campus to keep happy.

The application is very generic with an optional essay for admission into the Honors College. Common application was available, and financial aid was included in the original application. Rolling admissions. No interviews.

Optical sciences college is world renown with small classes and amazing professors

Tucson is hot, and I lived off campus so you have to be careful about where you live to be in a safe area of town

As a transfer student, there are few reqirements aside from filling out the application

General education requirements suck

Expensive and UAPD only seeks to ticket you for alcohol violations <-- they suck

They contacted me, and I turned in an application and my transcripts. Easiest 15 minutes of my life

Must fulfill two tiers of Gen Ed requirements and then fulfill all major and minor reqs. Class sizes range from 15-1200. Professors are sometimes good but most times suck.

Tucson is not exactly the best neighborhood but overall relatively safe/happy. There is a huge disconnect between east and north tucson and west and south tucson. The disparity in standard of living is borderline disgusting.

common application, SATs, FAFSA

Core classes and general requirements are kind of tedious and can be hard to get. Math, Chemistry, and other general requirements are best taken at Community College level. Classes within major are (for the most part) very good with lots of guest speakers from the Industry.

Essay, Interview, regular decision with common application

Too many general education courses.

General application