classes in my major are a joke, and have no real life application

tucson is a horrible place to live. crime is high.

easy i did it online

Optical sciences college is world renown with small classes and amazing professors

Tucson is hot, and I lived off campus so you have to be careful about where you live to be in a safe area of town

As a transfer student, there are few reqirements aside from filling out the application

many classes very large, very few are small. general requirements are a joke. core classes for science seem fun, but the chemistry and biology departments are severely lacking good professors - my high school chemistry teacher taught better than the professors i had in college. academic advising very helpful and very easy to access, research opportunities plentiful but you have to be very persistent, something they don't tell you to begin with. not too competitive.

housing very nice but expensive. rec center newly renovated is very nice. many libraries. neighborhood feels safe on campus, but not off. limited dining options makes it hard to get variety.

An essay, no interview, rolling admission?, application online and not all through common app.

Essay question on application

Other

The creative writing program is a joke. There are no qualifications to get in which means you will be workshopping with people that don't understand punctuation and just write something the night before and they will graduate for reasons you are unable to fathom. The creative writing major is really the English major in disguise because you are only allowed to take 4 workshop courses and everything else is literature courses, only one of which is mildly contemporary. You will be required to take English 380 which claims to be Literary Analysis. The professor can do whatever they like with this required course. Most professors use this to wax eloquent on things they wish to talk about and do not actually discuss how to analyze. You will read very few American authors. If you're into Chaucer or Milton this might work for you.

Each major has some core classes with a host of electives, as well as general education classes. My class sizes have generally been around 300-400 people with very inaccessible faculty. The only classes I've had where professors kept regular office hours have been elective classes with class sizes of about 30-50. I find the faculty here to be very lacking; I've had some who really stood out, but the majority have been bland, taken lesson plans and powerpoints directly from other universities, and don't listen to students when they ask for help.

On-campus housing is very expensive, and I've been mixed about my feelings. The facilities are usually crowded, but they're there. Nearby neighborhoods have much better housing. If I didn't search for things off campus, I wouldn't find them. I've had to carve out my own space on campus to keep happy.

The application is very generic with an optional essay for admission into the Honors College. Common application was available, and financial aid was included in the original application. Rolling admissions. No interviews.

Stupid

Common application and an essay

Pretty much everybody gets in.

Too many general education courses.

General application

General education pretty much rules the school. Many of the gen ed classes are harder than actual major requirements. All students have to about 60 gen ed credits. Include a minor and half of your education is in topics that have nothing to do with your actual major :)

The university of arizona has some amazing professors, without these amazing professors i believe the school would be worthless. The professors are the drive of the school, many of them are incredibly passionate about their students and the classes that they teach. Grad students also run the school. Grad students learn through teaching, and as students are very enthusiastic about their subjects. They also relate well to students since they are students themselves.

Class sizes and workload vary from class to class. Classes range from 10-800 students, though most gen eds tend to be around 200 students per lecture. Good teachers equal good classes. Bad teachers equal miserable students. It doesnt matter the subject.

Dorms are relatively inexpensive if you are willing to live the dorm life (crowded, noisy, etc). The U of A has amazing facilities that are kept very clean, and there are hundreds of computers in various labs across campus that are open for use at any time of day. The food court has a wide variety of food, and the entire area is surrounded by college friendly businesses. The campus is very pretty and very safe.

Applicants must submit an application, which can be done online, with information on themselves about past education and activities, etc. a short essay was required about why you want to attend the school. Applicants must also send in transcripts and sat and or act scores. though you may have to do it two or three times because the admissions office has the habit of losing such paperwork.