“UofA”
November 2018CURRENT STUDENT

Great weather, some amazing professors and great options out of the medical business or engineering school.

Outside of those colleges they don't offer much help to students in the job search.

Comments

U of A is amazing, it's definitely got a superficial level to it, but if you find the right people you wont get sucked into it.

“Satisfied”
December 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Large diversity of programs and activities

Strong in research

Beautiful campus and friendly people

Not top ranked for B-school

Expensive (as most schools)

Lack of intellectual curiosity from many students

Comments

Focus your comparisons between UofA and other schools by looking into the specific department(s) that interest you.

Professors are willing to help anybody with questions. They don't tolerate cheating.

Nice environment, people are friendly and everything looks in good shape and clean.

Upon applying to business school, you are required to submit a resume and a cover letter. A test is given about Business M ath and Accounting afterwards there is an interview of about two people asking questions about why you want to go to Business School. If you do well on both the test and the interview you get accepted or else they'll allow you to take the test a second chance and if still you do not pass it then that's it. You have to wait till next semester to reapply.

I just recomend anyone to expect the heavy amount of homework. My advice is to get tutoring, such as going to the think tank or to instructors' offices hours.

Living on campus is expensive, that's why I live at home with my family. The library is easy to access and you do ot have to be a former U of A student to use the computers there.

The application process is straight forward, the only thing an applicant may get stuck at is writing a good personal statement. Students get the opportunity of receiving financial aid and even the Arizona Assurance Scholarship which covers about everything a student needs.

I enjoyed my major classes the most. My classes were small because my major was small, it was a close community in which we could rely on each other and gain support from our teachers.

I recommend living off campus at an apartment, that is not university owned because it is cheaper and there is more space.

I made the decision for my major before i attended college, the problem was finding the right college that offered my major. To apply for a college, fill out the application and all that is required for admittance to the college.

The professors expect a lot out of the students in their classes, and will help those that need help the most only if those people come to them for help. they also have teaching assistants with them for the bigger classes which help a lot through the TA's experience and knowledge.

The dorms are surprisingly safe and comfortable from the RA's and the community director. the make it as comfortable as possible while keeping us safe. The cost of the dorm is far cheaper than living off campus, but is often referred to those who want a little more freedom. all in all the school life on campus is pretty good, by far.

They go by the GPA status of high school students, and use the entrance exams to determine if the student is eligible and where to put them on their admission to the University. Their financial aid helps those who don't have the funds to continue their studies as well as help from the staff themselves with tutoring and office hours.

Foundation and/or general education courses consist of Tier One and Tier Two Natural Science, Individuals and Societies and Traditions cultures, as well as Humanities and Arts courses, respectively. The class sizes, as is expected for a large university are large in NATS, TRAD, and INDV courses, whereas English Composition and the accompanying discussion sections are otherwise small, and are generally limited to twenty students. As for major division courses, such as those required for my Spanish major, class sizes are small, and well-structured. There are an innumerable amount of academic opportunities for both high-achieving and motivated students, including several readily accessible resources for study abroad programs, major selection, competitive honors courses, and research opportunities.

Housing facilities, as well as the surrounding entertainment, dining, and various other venues throughout the Tucson community are more that sufficient, and fantastic for college students.

Unique application questions combined with an online application and the eventual informing of a regular decision and the offering of a scholarship

Core classes include Geometrical optics, physical optics, E&M, solid-state optics, and quantum optics. Class sizes usually range from 10 to 35 students.

Requirements include GPA 3.0 or higher, 3 letters of recommendation, transcripts, statement of purpose, CV, GRE, BS in optics, mathematics, physics, engineering, or similar field.

General requirements are exceptional at the U of A. Core classes not only get us closer to our degrees but also help us to learn things that aid us in our everyday lives. Class sizes ranged but never interrupted my learning in a negative way. All of my professors were extremely helpful and I got aid from them whenever I needed it.

I am very happy with my new school. I do not live on campus but getting there by riding my bike is always safe. Mountain, which leads right to the school, has very good bike lanes and is always lit at night with street lights, making it safe at all hours of the day. There is a variety of dining options within the school as well as around it that make it easy to find healthy food as well as things like Burger King. The options are great and extremely helpful.

The application process was very good. I was forced to submit it early on in my senior year which prevented me from procrastination which is very common for me.

2015

competitive learning environment, excellent teachers that are always willing to help students, some large classes (but that's offset by office hours and teacher availability outside of class), many study abroad opportunities

housing can sometimes be a hassle, but the university will usually work with you, cost of living is great, you can almost always get some kind of form of financial aid if you look for it!, the community of students is great, the university itself is extremely safe, and i wouldn't trade anything for the u of a

application (cover letter, resume, essay, letters of recommendation), interview, written test (must score at least 75%)