“UofA”
November 2018CURRENT STUDENT

Great weather, some amazing professors and great options out of the medical business or engineering school.

Outside of those colleges they don't offer much help to students in the job search.

Comments

U of A is amazing, it's definitely got a superficial level to it, but if you find the right people you wont get sucked into it.

“Satisfied”
December 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Large diversity of programs and activities

Strong in research

Beautiful campus and friendly people

Not top ranked for B-school

Expensive (as most schools)

Lack of intellectual curiosity from many students

Comments

Focus your comparisons between UofA and other schools by looking into the specific department(s) that interest you.

Professors are willing to help anybody with questions. They don't tolerate cheating.

Nice environment, people are friendly and everything looks in good shape and clean.

Upon applying to business school, you are required to submit a resume and a cover letter. A test is given about Business M ath and Accounting afterwards there is an interview of about two people asking questions about why you want to go to Business School. If you do well on both the test and the interview you get accepted or else they'll allow you to take the test a second chance and if still you do not pass it then that's it. You have to wait till next semester to reapply.

I just recomend anyone to expect the heavy amount of homework. My advice is to get tutoring, such as going to the think tank or to instructors' offices hours.

Living on campus is expensive, that's why I live at home with my family. The library is easy to access and you do ot have to be a former U of A student to use the computers there.

The application process is straight forward, the only thing an applicant may get stuck at is writing a good personal statement. Students get the opportunity of receiving financial aid and even the Arizona Assurance Scholarship which covers about everything a student needs.

I enjoyed my major classes the most. My classes were small because my major was small, it was a close community in which we could rely on each other and gain support from our teachers.

I recommend living off campus at an apartment, that is not university owned because it is cheaper and there is more space.

I made the decision for my major before i attended college, the problem was finding the right college that offered my major. To apply for a college, fill out the application and all that is required for admittance to the college.

You have to take a set of general education courses before you start your major courses. Most of the faculty are great and always show to their office hours. In the general education courses, class sizes are very large. They have about 75-150 students.

The U of A was a wonderful school. I enjoyed every moment of my time at the school. The campus is alive and always has something to do. Going to U of A sporting events was one of my favorite activities. The cost of living is reasonable and they are plenty of off-campus housing options.

I had to write an essay to accompany my application.

2009

Foundation and/or general education courses consist of Tier One and Tier Two Natural Science, Individuals and Societies and Traditions cultures, as well as Humanities and Arts courses, respectively. The class sizes, as is expected for a large university are large in NATS, TRAD, and INDV courses, whereas English Composition and the accompanying discussion sections are otherwise small, and are generally limited to twenty students. As for major division courses, such as those required for my Spanish major, class sizes are small, and well-structured. There are an innumerable amount of academic opportunities for both high-achieving and motivated students, including several readily accessible resources for study abroad programs, major selection, competitive honors courses, and research opportunities.

Housing facilities, as well as the surrounding entertainment, dining, and various other venues throughout the Tucson community are more that sufficient, and fantastic for college students.

Unique application questions combined with an online application and the eventual informing of a regular decision and the offering of a scholarship

Campus is beautiful. Largest student union in nation, largest fitness center in nation. No crime. Great facilities for classrooms. Perfect year-round climate. Great community.

Typical application with essay. No interview. No early decision

competitive learning environment, excellent teachers that are always willing to help students, some large classes (but that's offset by office hours and teacher availability outside of class), many study abroad opportunities

housing can sometimes be a hassle, but the university will usually work with you, cost of living is great, you can almost always get some kind of form of financial aid if you look for it!, the community of students is great, the university itself is extremely safe, and i wouldn't trade anything for the u of a

application (cover letter, resume, essay, letters of recommendation), interview, written test (must score at least 75%)

good class sizes, a lot of competitiveness, high emphasis on integrity and no cheating or even talking about exams. lots of study abroad opportunities and trips. Has notable faculty. Advising appointments are ok, wish there was walk-ins with major advisors. Workload is tough! Focus on group work in all classes.

I do not have a life on the school, i have a family so I do not spend any time at the school, unless I have to.

University application-early decision-1 application with transcripts, financial aid application is done automatically from FAFSA.

College of Business application-1application, essay, interview, transcripts, entrance exam, only 400 spots for business college each semester and 100 in my major-accounting.