“UofA”
November 2018CURRENT STUDENT

Great weather, some amazing professors and great options out of the medical business or engineering school.

Outside of those colleges they don't offer much help to students in the job search.

Comments

U of A is amazing, it's definitely got a superficial level to it, but if you find the right people you wont get sucked into it.

“Satisfied”
December 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Large diversity of programs and activities

Strong in research

Beautiful campus and friendly people

Not top ranked for B-school

Expensive (as most schools)

Lack of intellectual curiosity from many students

Comments

Focus your comparisons between UofA and other schools by looking into the specific department(s) that interest you.

I enjoyed my major classes the most. My classes were small because my major was small, it was a close community in which we could rely on each other and gain support from our teachers.

I recommend living off campus at an apartment, that is not university owned because it is cheaper and there is more space.

I made the decision for my major before i attended college, the problem was finding the right college that offered my major. To apply for a college, fill out the application and all that is required for admittance to the college.

I just recomend anyone to expect the heavy amount of homework. My advice is to get tutoring, such as going to the think tank or to instructors' offices hours.

Living on campus is expensive, that's why I live at home with my family. The library is easy to access and you do ot have to be a former U of A student to use the computers there.

The application process is straight forward, the only thing an applicant may get stuck at is writing a good personal statement. Students get the opportunity of receiving financial aid and even the Arizona Assurance Scholarship which covers about everything a student needs.

Professors are willing to help anybody with questions. They don't tolerate cheating.

Nice environment, people are friendly and everything looks in good shape and clean.

Upon applying to business school, you are required to submit a resume and a cover letter. A test is given about Business M ath and Accounting afterwards there is an interview of about two people asking questions about why you want to go to Business School. If you do well on both the test and the interview you get accepted or else they'll allow you to take the test a second chance and if still you do not pass it then that's it. You have to wait till next semester to reapply.

Haven't had any problems yet except in the general education classes. All science/engineering/math classes have been amazing.

I'm an engineering student. It is not really possible to rate my experience a 10 unless I didn't care about my grades.

Grades must be good. Essay.

128 credits needed to graduate with my degree (Electrical and Computer Engineering). Minoring in Mathematics, very easy as there is only a couple more math classes needed after the required ones. Advisor is great in ECE department. Classes, once up in the 300 level classes, are around 50 I'd guess. Expect mainly men of asian and middle-eastern descent. Grading has always been fair in my courses and with my professors... the workload is heavy but there are some weeks where I have hours of free time every day.. depends on your level of time-management. I have never stayed up past 11pm for a school project, bu then again I'm awesome.

In my opinion, the dorms sucked. Purely based on two reasons... 1, you have no privacy and 2, you have no kitchen. Oh yeah, and my random dorm mate was psycho and attempted suicide twice, so I had to get him kicked out (which seemed ridiculous... he should've been thrown out after the first attempt). But anyway, of course cost of living is high, universities don't care about your financial situation! Now live in apartments south of campus... not the prettiest looking neighborhood but the closeness of campus makes up for it. Also, the rec center here makes up for everything. So do the shawties...

The professors expect a lot out of the students in their classes, and will help those that need help the most only if those people come to them for help. they also have teaching assistants with them for the bigger classes which help a lot through the TA's experience and knowledge.

The dorms are surprisingly safe and comfortable from the RA's and the community director. the make it as comfortable as possible while keeping us safe. The cost of the dorm is far cheaper than living off campus, but is often referred to those who want a little more freedom. all in all the school life on campus is pretty good, by far.

They go by the GPA status of high school students, and use the entrance exams to determine if the student is eligible and where to put them on their admission to the University. Their financial aid helps those who don't have the funds to continue their studies as well as help from the staff themselves with tutoring and office hours.

essays, gre scores

Classes can get up to 300 students. Big classes like that will break out into discussion groups or labs once a week for more hands on learning. Professors all have office hours, so just because you have a big class doesn't mean you can't get help from your professor one on one. 98% of professors have the highest degree in their field, so you're being taught by the best of the best. Like any university, different majors require different general education classes. Some classes have curved grading scales, others work strictly on a point system. I've loved my teachers, and the interactions I've had with all of them.

Dorms were great here. Very fun and a good way to make lasting friendships. Tucson is a college town so there are a lot of houses and apartments near campus for student housing. The libraries on campus are pretty nice. They have a lot of study rooms to work in. Some have tables made of dry-erase boards so you don't have to get up to write on the board. Tucson is a big biking town, mount Lemon is a great place to hike, and the city is pretty artsy. Besides having tons of shops and places to eat, fourth avenue has a lot of fairs and festivals throughout the year. University Blvd is a fun place for students to hang out, especially for students living on/near campus because of its proximity. The union has an big arcade with a lot of billiard tables, and a lot of places to eat. Highland market, Park student union, and UMart are all cool places to hang out, buy living necessities, and get food near the dorms. Although the weight room is always full of frat bro's, the rec is new and super nice. It has TV's on treadmills, a bouldering wall, basketball courts, racquetball courts, a heated pool, and indoor mini-track. If you take a tour, definitely check it out.

The application was pretty simple. They took your high school GPA, extracurricular involvements, SAT or ACT test scores and based your admittance and scholarships based on that. They also have a scholarship website that is very helpful with applying for extra money.