“UofA”
November 2018CURRENT STUDENT

Great weather, some amazing professors and great options out of the medical business or engineering school.

Outside of those colleges they don't offer much help to students in the job search.

Comments

U of A is amazing, it's definitely got a superficial level to it, but if you find the right people you wont get sucked into it.

“Satisfied”
December 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Large diversity of programs and activities

Strong in research

Beautiful campus and friendly people

Not top ranked for B-school

Expensive (as most schools)

Lack of intellectual curiosity from many students

Comments

Focus your comparisons between UofA and other schools by looking into the specific department(s) that interest you.

Professors are willing to help anybody with questions. They don't tolerate cheating.

Nice environment, people are friendly and everything looks in good shape and clean.

Upon applying to business school, you are required to submit a resume and a cover letter. A test is given about Business M ath and Accounting afterwards there is an interview of about two people asking questions about why you want to go to Business School. If you do well on both the test and the interview you get accepted or else they'll allow you to take the test a second chance and if still you do not pass it then that's it. You have to wait till next semester to reapply.

I just recomend anyone to expect the heavy amount of homework. My advice is to get tutoring, such as going to the think tank or to instructors' offices hours.

Living on campus is expensive, that's why I live at home with my family. The library is easy to access and you do ot have to be a former U of A student to use the computers there.

The application process is straight forward, the only thing an applicant may get stuck at is writing a good personal statement. Students get the opportunity of receiving financial aid and even the Arizona Assurance Scholarship which covers about everything a student needs.

I enjoyed my major classes the most. My classes were small because my major was small, it was a close community in which we could rely on each other and gain support from our teachers.

I recommend living off campus at an apartment, that is not university owned because it is cheaper and there is more space.

I made the decision for my major before i attended college, the problem was finding the right college that offered my major. To apply for a college, fill out the application and all that is required for admittance to the college.

Classes are basic and easy if you attend

Library is awesome and community is amazing. You truly feel apart of the school and the people are friendly.

SAT Scores/ACT Scores

High School GPA

Core classes include Geometrical optics, physical optics, E&M, solid-state optics, and quantum optics. Class sizes usually range from 10 to 35 students.

Requirements include GPA 3.0 or higher, 3 letters of recommendation, transcripts, statement of purpose, CV, GRE, BS in optics, mathematics, physics, engineering, or similar field.

The professors expect a lot out of the students in their classes, and will help those that need help the most only if those people come to them for help. they also have teaching assistants with them for the bigger classes which help a lot through the TA's experience and knowledge.

The dorms are surprisingly safe and comfortable from the RA's and the community director. the make it as comfortable as possible while keeping us safe. The cost of the dorm is far cheaper than living off campus, but is often referred to those who want a little more freedom. all in all the school life on campus is pretty good, by far.

They go by the GPA status of high school students, and use the entrance exams to determine if the student is eligible and where to put them on their admission to the University. Their financial aid helps those who don't have the funds to continue their studies as well as help from the staff themselves with tutoring and office hours.

Several gen ed requirements, some daunting

Class sizes are generally very fair. Classes that need to be taught in smaller sizes are. Large lectures are taught in that fashion because smaller sizes wouldn't help.

Interview process, resume and cover letter

Haven't had any problems yet except in the general education classes. All science/engineering/math classes have been amazing.

I'm an engineering student. It is not really possible to rate my experience a 10 unless I didn't care about my grades.

Grades must be good. Essay.