“UofA”
November 2018CURRENT STUDENT

Great weather, some amazing professors and great options out of the medical business or engineering school.

Outside of those colleges they don't offer much help to students in the job search.

Comments

U of A is amazing, it's definitely got a superficial level to it, but if you find the right people you wont get sucked into it.

“Satisfied”
December 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Large diversity of programs and activities

Strong in research

Beautiful campus and friendly people

Not top ranked for B-school

Expensive (as most schools)

Lack of intellectual curiosity from many students

Comments

Focus your comparisons between UofA and other schools by looking into the specific department(s) that interest you.

I enjoyed my major classes the most. My classes were small because my major was small, it was a close community in which we could rely on each other and gain support from our teachers.

I recommend living off campus at an apartment, that is not university owned because it is cheaper and there is more space.

I made the decision for my major before i attended college, the problem was finding the right college that offered my major. To apply for a college, fill out the application and all that is required for admittance to the college.

I just recomend anyone to expect the heavy amount of homework. My advice is to get tutoring, such as going to the think tank or to instructors' offices hours.

Living on campus is expensive, that's why I live at home with my family. The library is easy to access and you do ot have to be a former U of A student to use the computers there.

The application process is straight forward, the only thing an applicant may get stuck at is writing a good personal statement. Students get the opportunity of receiving financial aid and even the Arizona Assurance Scholarship which covers about everything a student needs.

Professors are willing to help anybody with questions. They don't tolerate cheating.

Nice environment, people are friendly and everything looks in good shape and clean.

Upon applying to business school, you are required to submit a resume and a cover letter. A test is given about Business M ath and Accounting afterwards there is an interview of about two people asking questions about why you want to go to Business School. If you do well on both the test and the interview you get accepted or else they'll allow you to take the test a second chance and if still you do not pass it then that's it. You have to wait till next semester to reapply.

Haven't had any problems yet except in the general education classes. All science/engineering/math classes have been amazing.

I'm an engineering student. It is not really possible to rate my experience a 10 unless I didn't care about my grades.

Grades must be good. Essay.

Campus is beautiful. Largest student union in nation, largest fitness center in nation. No crime. Great facilities for classrooms. Perfect year-round climate. Great community.

Typical application with essay. No interview. No early decision

essays, gre scores

Several gen ed requirements, some daunting

Class sizes are generally very fair. Classes that need to be taught in smaller sizes are. Large lectures are taught in that fashion because smaller sizes wouldn't help.

Interview process, resume and cover letter

128 credits needed to graduate with my degree (Electrical and Computer Engineering). Minoring in Mathematics, very easy as there is only a couple more math classes needed after the required ones. Advisor is great in ECE department. Classes, once up in the 300 level classes, are around 50 I'd guess. Expect mainly men of asian and middle-eastern descent. Grading has always been fair in my courses and with my professors... the workload is heavy but there are some weeks where I have hours of free time every day.. depends on your level of time-management. I have never stayed up past 11pm for a school project, bu then again I'm awesome.

In my opinion, the dorms sucked. Purely based on two reasons... 1, you have no privacy and 2, you have no kitchen. Oh yeah, and my random dorm mate was psycho and attempted suicide twice, so I had to get him kicked out (which seemed ridiculous... he should've been thrown out after the first attempt). But anyway, of course cost of living is high, universities don't care about your financial situation! Now live in apartments south of campus... not the prettiest looking neighborhood but the closeness of campus makes up for it. Also, the rec center here makes up for everything. So do the shawties...