“Review”
November 2018FORMER STUDENT

Good Football team and state school atmosphere. Make sure you pick a major that will pay a decent salary.

School is very big. Was the largest student population in the US when i was attending the school.

Comments

Consider junior college before attending 4 year university. Best to spend more on a masters degree.

“Ohio State”
January 2018CURRENT STUDENT

The campus and the people are so friendly. Everyone is willing to help.

The classrooms are extremely big and there often aren't enough seats per person.

Comments

The school is great and the student body is fun and willing to help.

academic advising is awful

class sizes vary depending on subject and level of course (100 vs 400)

not many professors, mostly TAs or lecturerers

15 credit hours average, not too much of a courseload

many foreign professors who do not speak english well

Most on-campus housing is pretty terrible, but the 4 Freshman Towers on South campus are being redone, and they're going to be really nice. Once you move off campus, there's a lot of housing to choose from in the nearby area, but make sure you start looking early! The meal plan is nice because there's so many different options, plus you can use it like a debit card pretty much any place around campus.

make sure to fill in application early for priority consideration for scholarships

GEC's (core curriculum/general education courses) are incredibly diverse and mostly not too difficult. You may have to study for some more than others, but there is no reason why you should get lower than a B if you are willing to put in the time.

Ohio's weather will take some major adjusting to if you are not from Ohio. The winter is especially dreary, and it's a miracle if we see sunshine.

The facilities are average, with some fantastic new buildings and some scary old buildings. My favorite buildings are the very old buildings that they have remodeled inside.

Living on campus is fantastic, but does cost more than living off of campus. You definitely feel more connected to the university if you live on campus, though.

There are a ton of dining options within walking/busing distance from campus, and countless more if you have a car. The direct community around campus is essentially OSU students and businesses, and with the city of Columbus, it is pretty big to have a ''community'' feeling. The community at OSU is thriving, though, and a majority of students love it.

As a transfer student, I was not competing with as many applicants. I was very academically successful in high school, and applied to OSU as a freshman and was accepted on a scholarship, but I decided not to attend. My first year of college, my gpa ended up as a 2.5, and I still got into Ohio State.

2015

In the college of social work, the classes are basically chosen for you from the start of your degree. The opportunities here are exceptional, things you would never be able to experience anywhere else.

Alumni Scholarship Housing (ASH) is AMAZING! It's inexpensive and the other women are amazing!

Apply online -- very easy. Automatic acceptance for transfers with over a 3.0, basically.