“Review”
November 2018FORMER STUDENT

Good Football team and state school atmosphere. Make sure you pick a major that will pay a decent salary.

School is very big. Was the largest student population in the US when i was attending the school.

Comments

Consider junior college before attending 4 year university. Best to spend more on a masters degree.

“Ohio State”
January 2018CURRENT STUDENT

The campus and the people are so friendly. Everyone is willing to help.

The classrooms are extremely big and there often aren't enough seats per person.

Comments

The school is great and the student body is fun and willing to help.

“Finance Ohio State”
July 2015FORMER STUDENT

good connections

excellent facilities

surrounded by other smart students

fun

less connections to wall street

many students in classes

too many people

Comments

figure out where you want career path to go. OSU has many options and great connections, but also has some lackluster connections (WallStreet).

If you want to do it, at Ohio State you can. With a university this large the possibilities are quite literally endless.

2015

There are many choices of classes to choose from for you general education curriculum, which is awesome because if you're not a science or history person, you can find the class that falls into the category that best suits you and interests you. Major degree requirements aren't all that bad, and are usually pretty clear as to what's expected of you to complete to earn your degree. Seeing your academic advisor is really helpful, and seeing both your academic advisor and major advisor at least once a year and keeping them both informed as to what's going on with you is helpful. There's a ton of study abroad opportunites, and there are advisors that can help you find one that suits you and your needs easily. Professors are usually pretty accessible and when they're not, they're pretty good with keeping up with e-mails so if you just shoot them a quick e-mail you can easily correspond with them that way as well.

Dorms aren't that bad as long as you get along with your roommate but if you don't, your RA can help you figure out what to do. It's pretty costly to live on campus in a dorm, but it's definitely worth it for your first year. It's the best way to meet people, familiarize yourself with campus, and get involved. Campus facilities are pretty clean and up to date. Our main library was just renovated not too long ago so it's definitely up to date and can satisfy any need you have! There are many choices for dining on campus, just depends on where you live and how far you want to walk. It's pretty safe on campus, and for when you don't feel safe there's Student Safety Services, though sometimes they're pretty backed up. Overall the life at school is amazing!

On the application, there are a few essays that you have to answer. There's only a regular decision process, and the earlier you apply usually the earlier you hear back about your acceptance though most don't find out until December/January. There are many scholarship opportunities, though you typically have to search for them on your own through the school website. Financial aid is given to whomever needs it.

There are standard general education classes that most students take, however each college has different requirements. The classes are very challenging, but worth the work. We have an exceptional faculty and there are so many opportunities.

I love it!

Essentially a fillable sheet with the standard questions. There is one essay that asks why you want to be an OSU student.

Classes are great if they're not in the sciences. Sciences have all foreigners with large classes who are hard to understand and are at the University for reseach not to teach.

Great.

Uses common app with one extra essay thats not hard at all. Scholarship opportunities are extremely scarce.

I transferred from a small private college of 2,000 students and was expecting there to be a huge difference in class size. Surprisingly, most classes cap at about 50 students which is a nice classroom size. All the professors I have had were more then willing to help with any questions I had and my advisors are just phenomenal.

I have been very happy with life at this school. Living on campus is a bit pricey, but you'll get that at any university. The campus and facilities are very well maintained.

I applied as a transfer student and my only admission requirements were the official application and transcripts from my previous college. I did not have to submit an essay or interview prior to acceptance.

Tons of Research opportunities. Very large class sizes in the sciences. Quality of professors vary from class to class.

I really enjoy living on campus. Never felt unsafe.

There is a ridiculously short essay required. It is very hard to say what you want to say. As an out of state student I expected to receive the out of state scholarship that most receive but I did not.

General requirement classes are typically difficult but once you get past those, if you really are meant to be in your major, the classes that are specific to your program are a lot of fun and a lot less stressful for the most part because it isn't so much about weeding people out as it is helping you form the skills you need for your future job.

The cost of school and housing is significantly cheaper than many other public schools in Ohio. There is also a lot included in our school charges including school an public busing, access to several gyms and libraries, and activities on campus all throughout the year.