“TCU Review”

Involved Professors

Fantastic student benefits

Many newly-built facilities

Nationally-recognized athletic programs

Greek life is emphasized among students

Relatively high cost of living around campus

Construction is prevalent across campus

Comments

TCU is a fantastic university that is on the rise, both through its academics and athletic programs. I highly recommend giving this school a look, as it truly is a university tailored to its students.

hard!!!

strong academic programs. tons of majors to choose from. most advisors are very helpful, i love the small class sizes. it's competitive here, but it just makes us work harder.

i did tcu's application, but the common application was also an option. i came down and talked to a counselor even though an interview is not required. the essay was short - only 500 words - and easy to do. i opted to apply early action because tcu was my first choice school and i wanted to know asap if i was in. i received an academic scholarship and large financial aid package.

You must apply to get into the Business School. There are genearl requirements and core classes. The class size is exceptional (typically around 35 students) making professors very accessible. There are notable, published faculty who also have practical work experience. I am now an attorney, and had the opportunity to intern at a law firm my senior year in school and take classes for school credit.

The quality of life at TCU is fantastic. The facilities are state of the art, the cost of living on campus is reasonable, Ft. Worth is a safe and cultural town to live in, and I had a wonderful college experience.

The admissions process includes essays, early decision, financial aid, and scholarship opportunities.

2004 or earlier

The requirements were appropriate because they supplied the necessary knowledge to continue with your major, and also to be a well rounded, educated individual. I didn't want to take some of the requirements, but in the end I am glad I learned those subjects. The small class sizes were great because professors were more proned to help students, given they know who you are due to small amount of students. Even if you were absent from several classes, they still wanted to help and they were very accessible. The study abroad program is dear to me because they were excellent in providing the proper guidance to study in another country.

The quality of life is superior due to the small size and diversity of students. The small size gives a feeling of a tight group with a common interest. It produces a very friendly atmosphere and provides a sense of comfort and safety. Many students truely care about the university and fellow students. The facilities provide an atmosphere suitable for opennes and commonality among students. There is always the sense of "feeling right at home."

I was accepted relatively late. I was nervous, but elated when I got my acceptance letter. The essay allowed a lot of freedom to be creative which I appreciated. The overall application was not exhaustive and strenuous, but was rather aimed at discovering my true character as a person, instead of just finding out who I am as a student.

2007

Small class sizes, 1 semester religion course required

General requirements include Composition I and II, History before and after 1877, General Psych, Sociology, Algebra or higher math credit, 2 upper level sciences, electives, and TCU also has its own core. For the core you need a cultural awareness, religion, literary traditions, 9 hours of humanities, global awareness course, and writing emphasis. Within my major, Nursing, I have to have Pharmocotherapeutics lecture and lab, Fundamentals and Health assessment lecture and lab, Adult I, Adult II, Pediatrics, Maternity, Nursing Research, Critical Inquiry, Nursing Management, Human Development, Nutrition, Survey of Nursing, Teaching Strategies, Statistics, and over 500 hours of clinical work in the hospital. Academics at TCU is wonderful. The advisors and professors are all professionals in their field and are very helpful. Class size average is 24 and the student to faculty ratio is 14:1. 25% of TCU students study abroad and TCU is affiliated with countries such as Spain, Italy, Ghana, London, and Greece. If a student wants to study abroad somewhere that TCU hasn't already worked with, TCU will work to set that up for the student. Professors are also great about allowing students to get involved with their summer research or guiding them to someone that the student is looking for. TCU is very competitive and grading is strict sometimes because many teachers are on the +/- system. It is tough but rewarding!

Campus is beautiful and resourceful in any situation. Off campus housing is close, affordable, and nice! The library has over 2 million items in it and is sectioned off into quite, really quite, and loud section. It is open 24 hours a day and students get 200 free prints per semester. It is a great place to get motivated. There are plenty of good choices of food within walking distance of campus. If a students has a car, even more! The BLUU is home to on campus students and faculty to eat and it is all you can eat. If you get tired of the BLUU, students have Frog Bucks to use off campus. TCU offers big resources and networks with a small hometown feel. The Fort Worth Zoo is right down the road from TCU, including Botanical Gardens, Kimbel Art Museum, Billy Bob's, the world's largest honky tonk, and downtown Fort Worth with even more social life going on! It is a great place to be! I am so happy here!

For admission into the University, the application process included the application, an essay about yourself, recommendation letters, an express yourself project, and transcripts/scores. Scholarship and grant opportunities that are within TCU are granted by the Financial Aid department and do not require extra applications. The department grants them based on eligibility. Once you go into a specific college at TCU, like Nursing or Education, you are eligible for more scholarships. These you have to apply for.