-unique core that makes you take classes you never would have, but you get a lot more out of it than expected

-small class size

-professors are extremely friendly and easily accessible

-some teachers follow plus/minus scale, and others don't

-many study abroad opportunities

-workload is tough, but nothing you wouldn't get in a real-world job

-All of the dorms have been or are being renovated, so all are extremely nice

-Cost of living includes laundry, which helps reduce casts

-Dining is all inclusive

-Neighborhood is a little different, but we are in our own "bubble"

The business school is rigerous. I was also a part of our Honors Program, and the classes were graduate level.

This is where TCU sets itself apart from other institutions. Our facilities are spectacular. We just spend $250,000,000 on upgrading our housing and campus life facilities. If we were to do away with higher education, TCU could be converted in to a luxury resort.

They require all the usual data, but they also have room for a personal statement that can be written or creative. I know for a fact that the admissions professionals review the entire application (including supplemental material and "out of the box" material) when making their decisions.

2004 or earlier

The class sizes were almost always small and led by professors (only TA I had was in a lab) where participation was strongly encouraged. Professors kept pretty accommodating office hours and encouraged students needing additional help to stop by. Study abroad was emphasized/encouraged and the administrators helped me select and organize my study abroad experience. Along with a quality education, I always felt TCU understood and deeply appreciated it's students, offering exceptional customer service throughout the campus.

It was nice, but not as nice as the dorms are today. Dining was pretty good but not great and the neighborhood is very nice and has a good community feel to it.

2004 or earlier

Core curriculum. Degree program. Advising every semester. Avg class size of 26, open office hours for professors, study abroad areas in multiple countries.

Expensive housing, but high quality dorms. Decent dining, nice neighborhood. Safety provided. Beautiful campus. New facilities, support from the city.

Early and late decisions, scholarships awarded with certain applications, essays, creative writing/art assignment

Liberal arts core with religion requirement. Nursing major has required academic advising. Class size around 30. Teacher: student is 17:1. Professors are very accessible and mostly teach the didactic courses. Some graduate TAs but always with a faculty supervisor. Grading on a 4.0 scale. Notable faculty in business, physics, and poli sci (Jim Wright). Multiple study abroad activities for core courses and major courses. Most students take 4-5 years to graduate. Many 3-2 programs on campus for Master's Degree.

Cost of living on campus cheaper that off campus in a singe apartment. Excellent new dorms, clean, good meal plans, safe neighborhood, well respected in community

There was a creative page included in the application plus one essay. Admission is selective based on GPA, class rank, and SAT/ACT scores. Faculty/Counselor references and recommendations as well. Early decision is an option (which is what I did). There was no interview. There was a place on the admission application for you to list relatives who were also alumni.

2004 or earlier

Wonderful study abroad opportunities. And incredibly engaged faculty. Extremely supportive staff and faculty of research especially during the senior thesis process.

Unique application questions and a creative page that allows for students individualism to come out.

There's a core curriculum based on liberal arts. Degree requirements in journalism are pretty serious. Professors are wonderful. Former Speaker of the House Jim Wright is probably the most notable professor. Competitiveness and grading depends on the major.

Cost of living is a bit high, but quality is great! Low crime, happy people, the community loves us, library and housing is gorgeous, and they're continuing to work more and more on it. Food is not great.

The essays were cool, but the best was the freedom of expression. TCU lets you turn a regular piece of paper to anything you want, and I've seen some cool ones. Early action gets better scholarships. No interview process.

Professors are very interested in the success of students, and class sizes are certainly small. It is a competetive environment.

Very good community feel. Expensive living.

The admissions process is fairly typical. They accept the Common Application, require an essay and test scores, offer early action, and scholarship and financial aid eligibility is based on the normal application.

Essays, GPA, test scores, transcript, and creative page considered in application. Early decision available, lots of scholarships but must apply by Nov. deadline.

My quality of life is great. I have no complaints. The housing is great and accomodating, the facilities are all state of art, crime is at a minimum, community relations are not a problem, and the people here are great.

I did early action using a special application that was shorter than the normal one. It also omitted the essay. From then I recieved acceptance notices both in the mail and through my email. My financial aid options soon came afterwards.