-unique core that makes you take classes you never would have, but you get a lot more out of it than expected

-small class size

-professors are extremely friendly and easily accessible

-some teachers follow plus/minus scale, and others don't

-many study abroad opportunities

-workload is tough, but nothing you wouldn't get in a real-world job

-All of the dorms have been or are being renovated, so all are extremely nice

-Cost of living includes laundry, which helps reduce casts

-Dining is all inclusive

-Neighborhood is a little different, but we are in our own "bubble"

Core curriculum. Degree program. Advising every semester. Avg class size of 26, open office hours for professors, study abroad areas in multiple countries.

Expensive housing, but high quality dorms. Decent dining, nice neighborhood. Safety provided. Beautiful campus. New facilities, support from the city.

Early and late decisions, scholarships awarded with certain applications, essays, creative writing/art assignment

The business school is rigerous. I was also a part of our Honors Program, and the classes were graduate level.

This is where TCU sets itself apart from other institutions. Our facilities are spectacular. We just spend $250,000,000 on upgrading our housing and campus life facilities. If we were to do away with higher education, TCU could be converted in to a luxury resort.

They require all the usual data, but they also have room for a personal statement that can be written or creative. I know for a fact that the admissions professionals review the entire application (including supplemental material and "out of the box" material) when making their decisions.

2004 or earlier

The class sizes were almost always small and led by professors (only TA I had was in a lab) where participation was strongly encouraged. Professors kept pretty accommodating office hours and encouraged students needing additional help to stop by. Study abroad was emphasized/encouraged and the administrators helped me select and organize my study abroad experience. Along with a quality education, I always felt TCU understood and deeply appreciated it's students, offering exceptional customer service throughout the campus.

It was nice, but not as nice as the dorms are today. Dining was pretty good but not great and the neighborhood is very nice and has a good community feel to it.

2004 or earlier

Core program, small class sizes, highly accessible professors with almost every class taught by a professor. Plus/minus grading system on its way to being implemented. Growing academic prestige with increased concentration on the Honors program.

Cost of living is high, but it is also extremely nice. Dorms are all pretty much brand new with amenities such as free laundry. The library is very large, the neighborhood is beautiful and friendly. Facilities are all state of the art, and safety is pretty high with lots of options such as an escort system and the blue light system.

general core that focuses on the liberal arts (basic history, literature, math, writing, religion), major requirements are set and given to students at the start of the freshman year. wide range of class choices. academic advising is a hit or miss, but students can change advisers. class size is 12-25 average with big lecture classes only going to about 175 max. all classes taught by Dr. not TA's. Teachers are all accessible outside of the classroom. Great Study abroad options with 1/3 of students choosing to study aboard. grading is based on either +/- or basic depending on professor and college. pretty competitive and an average to moderate workload.

about $10,000 for room and board. all but 2 residence halls are completely new or renovated. huge library with over 2 million items. new union with decent food. on campus restaurant, 2 coffee shops, a sub sandwich shop, and a smoothie shop. pretty safe with rare crime incidents. in a nice, upperclass neighborhood. about 15 min from downtown fort worth. malls in a 5 mile radius. lots to do with dallas tx only about 45 min away.

application process, early action, personal expression statement/project

There's a core curriculum based on liberal arts. Degree requirements in journalism are pretty serious. Professors are wonderful. Former Speaker of the House Jim Wright is probably the most notable professor. Competitiveness and grading depends on the major.

Cost of living is a bit high, but quality is great! Low crime, happy people, the community loves us, library and housing is gorgeous, and they're continuing to work more and more on it. Food is not great.

The essays were cool, but the best was the freedom of expression. TCU lets you turn a regular piece of paper to anything you want, and I've seen some cool ones. Early action gets better scholarships. No interview process.

Wonderful study abroad opportunities. And incredibly engaged faculty. Extremely supportive staff and faculty of research especially during the senior thesis process.

Unique application questions and a creative page that allows for students individualism to come out.

There are many general core classes, core classes for your major, and then major classes. There are many study abroad opportunities, the faculty is very open to helping out your grade, the work load is difficult but beneficial, we are on a plus/minus scale for grades, and there are many academic social programs and opportunites to get involbed with

everything including housing and class rooms are very nice and well kept. the housing is expensive. THe facility is helpful, the dining is nice, and I feel safe

There is an application process including essays and resumes. You can apply for financial aid at an early application dead line

we have a core class system so you take classes in all different areas of interest, not just what you are majoring in. All the different colleges have different hours and majors requirements, academic advising is offered to all students each semester and is mandatory. Class sizes are very small which is good for a personal environment with students and professors. Many research opportunities are available. TCU is a very academically competitive school with tough (+,-) optional grading system and some notable faculty and staff. The TCU study abroad program is fabulous and very helpful 1/3 of all students study abroad while at TCU.

We had unique application questions, short answer essays, long essays, optional interviews when you visit campus, an application that was private through TCU, early decision notification and also regular decision, and many different financial aid and scholarship opportunities.