Core curriculum. Degree program. Advising every semester. Avg class size of 26, open office hours for professors, study abroad areas in multiple countries.

Expensive housing, but high quality dorms. Decent dining, nice neighborhood. Safety provided. Beautiful campus. New facilities, support from the city.

Early and late decisions, scholarships awarded with certain applications, essays, creative writing/art assignment

The business school is rigerous. I was also a part of our Honors Program, and the classes were graduate level.

This is where TCU sets itself apart from other institutions. Our facilities are spectacular. We just spend $250,000,000 on upgrading our housing and campus life facilities. If we were to do away with higher education, TCU could be converted in to a luxury resort.

They require all the usual data, but they also have room for a personal statement that can be written or creative. I know for a fact that the admissions professionals review the entire application (including supplemental material and "out of the box" material) when making their decisions.

2004 or earlier

The class sizes were almost always small and led by professors (only TA I had was in a lab) where participation was strongly encouraged. Professors kept pretty accommodating office hours and encouraged students needing additional help to stop by. Study abroad was emphasized/encouraged and the administrators helped me select and organize my study abroad experience. Along with a quality education, I always felt TCU understood and deeply appreciated it's students, offering exceptional customer service throughout the campus.

It was nice, but not as nice as the dorms are today. Dining was pretty good but not great and the neighborhood is very nice and has a good community feel to it.

2004 or earlier

-unique core that makes you take classes you never would have, but you get a lot more out of it than expected

-small class size

-professors are extremely friendly and easily accessible

-some teachers follow plus/minus scale, and others don't

-many study abroad opportunities

-workload is tough, but nothing you wouldn't get in a real-world job

-All of the dorms have been or are being renovated, so all are extremely nice

-Cost of living includes laundry, which helps reduce casts

-Dining is all inclusive

-Neighborhood is a little different, but we are in our own "bubble"

Essays, GPA, test scores, transcript, and creative page considered in application. Early decision available, lots of scholarships but must apply by Nov. deadline.

My quality of life is great. I have no complaints. The housing is great and accomodating, the facilities are all state of art, crime is at a minimum, community relations are not a problem, and the people here are great.

I did early action using a special application that was shorter than the normal one. It also omitted the essay. From then I recieved acceptance notices both in the mail and through my email. My financial aid options soon came afterwards.

Advising has improved greatly since I was a freshman. General requirements is 65 hours of liberal arts, with 124 hours total needed to graduate. There is a core curriculum that encourages students to study outside of their majors by diversifying the classes they need to graduate. Class sizes max out at 200, but that is only for entry level classes. Average class size is about 24. Most of my classes this semester are about 10.

Expensive, but good. Overall well-managed now that I am out of the lower-classmen dorms. Dining is...passible, I suppose. I prefer to do my own cooking just due to time constraints.

Application could either be through common app or the full application on the website. The full application allowed you to automatically be considered for academic scholarship. The application required a creative essay, resume, letter of rec and a free expression page, which could be either be a poem, drawing, or anything else on a white sheet of paper.

Class size is small (about 27); professors are very accessible to students (mandatory office hours)

Facilities are fantastic (new, current, accessible)!

We needed to complete one of three essays. Early action was an option.

Wonderful study abroad opportunities. And incredibly engaged faculty. Extremely supportive staff and faculty of research especially during the senior thesis process.

Unique application questions and a creative page that allows for students individualism to come out.

Core program, small class sizes, highly accessible professors with almost every class taught by a professor. Plus/minus grading system on its way to being implemented. Growing academic prestige with increased concentration on the Honors program.

Cost of living is high, but it is also extremely nice. Dorms are all pretty much brand new with amenities such as free laundry. The library is very large, the neighborhood is beautiful and friendly. Facilities are all state of the art, and safety is pretty high with lots of options such as an escort system and the blue light system.