Core curriculum. Degree program. Advising every semester. Avg class size of 26, open office hours for professors, study abroad areas in multiple countries.

Expensive housing, but high quality dorms. Decent dining, nice neighborhood. Safety provided. Beautiful campus. New facilities, support from the city.

Early and late decisions, scholarships awarded with certain applications, essays, creative writing/art assignment

-unique core that makes you take classes you never would have, but you get a lot more out of it than expected

-small class size

-professors are extremely friendly and easily accessible

-some teachers follow plus/minus scale, and others don't

-many study abroad opportunities

-workload is tough, but nothing you wouldn't get in a real-world job

-All of the dorms have been or are being renovated, so all are extremely nice

-Cost of living includes laundry, which helps reduce casts

-Dining is all inclusive

-Neighborhood is a little different, but we are in our own "bubble"

The class sizes were almost always small and led by professors (only TA I had was in a lab) where participation was strongly encouraged. Professors kept pretty accommodating office hours and encouraged students needing additional help to stop by. Study abroad was emphasized/encouraged and the administrators helped me select and organize my study abroad experience. Along with a quality education, I always felt TCU understood and deeply appreciated it's students, offering exceptional customer service throughout the campus.

It was nice, but not as nice as the dorms are today. Dining was pretty good but not great and the neighborhood is very nice and has a good community feel to it.

2004 or earlier

The business school is rigerous. I was also a part of our Honors Program, and the classes were graduate level.

This is where TCU sets itself apart from other institutions. Our facilities are spectacular. We just spend $250,000,000 on upgrading our housing and campus life facilities. If we were to do away with higher education, TCU could be converted in to a luxury resort.

They require all the usual data, but they also have room for a personal statement that can be written or creative. I know for a fact that the admissions professionals review the entire application (including supplemental material and "out of the box" material) when making their decisions.

2004 or earlier

Class size is small (about 27); professors are very accessible to students (mandatory office hours)

Facilities are fantastic (new, current, accessible)!

We needed to complete one of three essays. Early action was an option.

There's a core curriculum based on liberal arts. Degree requirements in journalism are pretty serious. Professors are wonderful. Former Speaker of the House Jim Wright is probably the most notable professor. Competitiveness and grading depends on the major.

Cost of living is a bit high, but quality is great! Low crime, happy people, the community loves us, library and housing is gorgeous, and they're continuing to work more and more on it. Food is not great.

The essays were cool, but the best was the freedom of expression. TCU lets you turn a regular piece of paper to anything you want, and I've seen some cool ones. Early action gets better scholarships. No interview process.

Essays, GPA, test scores, transcript, and creative page considered in application. Early decision available, lots of scholarships but must apply by Nov. deadline.

Professors are very interested in the success of students, and class sizes are certainly small. It is a competetive environment.

Very good community feel. Expensive living.

The admissions process is fairly typical. They accept the Common Application, require an essay and test scores, offer early action, and scholarship and financial aid eligibility is based on the normal application.

There are many general core classes, core classes for your major, and then major classes. There are many study abroad opportunities, the faculty is very open to helping out your grade, the work load is difficult but beneficial, we are on a plus/minus scale for grades, and there are many academic social programs and opportunites to get involbed with

everything including housing and class rooms are very nice and well kept. the housing is expensive. THe facility is helpful, the dining is nice, and I feel safe

There is an application process including essays and resumes. You can apply for financial aid at an early application dead line

Advising has improved greatly since I was a freshman. General requirements is 65 hours of liberal arts, with 124 hours total needed to graduate. There is a core curriculum that encourages students to study outside of their majors by diversifying the classes they need to graduate. Class sizes max out at 200, but that is only for entry level classes. Average class size is about 24. Most of my classes this semester are about 10.

Expensive, but good. Overall well-managed now that I am out of the lower-classmen dorms. Dining is...passible, I suppose. I prefer to do my own cooking just due to time constraints.

Application could either be through common app or the full application on the website. The full application allowed you to automatically be considered for academic scholarship. The application required a creative essay, resume, letter of rec and a free expression page, which could be either be a poem, drawing, or anything else on a white sheet of paper.