“TCU Review”

Involved Professors

Fantastic student benefits

Many newly-built facilities

Nationally-recognized athletic programs

Greek life is emphasized among students

Relatively high cost of living around campus

Construction is prevalent across campus

Comments

TCU is a fantastic university that is on the rise, both through its academics and athletic programs. I highly recommend giving this school a look, as it truly is a university tailored to its students.

hard!!!

General requirements include Composition I and II, History before and after 1877, General Psych, Sociology, Algebra or higher math credit, 2 upper level sciences, electives, and TCU also has its own core. For the core you need a cultural awareness, religion, literary traditions, 9 hours of humanities, global awareness course, and writing emphasis. Within my major, Nursing, I have to have Pharmocotherapeutics lecture and lab, Fundamentals and Health assessment lecture and lab, Adult I, Adult II, Pediatrics, Maternity, Nursing Research, Critical Inquiry, Nursing Management, Human Development, Nutrition, Survey of Nursing, Teaching Strategies, Statistics, and over 500 hours of clinical work in the hospital. Academics at TCU is wonderful. The advisors and professors are all professionals in their field and are very helpful. Class size average is 24 and the student to faculty ratio is 14:1. 25% of TCU students study abroad and TCU is affiliated with countries such as Spain, Italy, Ghana, London, and Greece. If a student wants to study abroad somewhere that TCU hasn't already worked with, TCU will work to set that up for the student. Professors are also great about allowing students to get involved with their summer research or guiding them to someone that the student is looking for. TCU is very competitive and grading is strict sometimes because many teachers are on the +/- system. It is tough but rewarding!

Campus is beautiful and resourceful in any situation. Off campus housing is close, affordable, and nice! The library has over 2 million items in it and is sectioned off into quite, really quite, and loud section. It is open 24 hours a day and students get 200 free prints per semester. It is a great place to get motivated. There are plenty of good choices of food within walking distance of campus. If a students has a car, even more! The BLUU is home to on campus students and faculty to eat and it is all you can eat. If you get tired of the BLUU, students have Frog Bucks to use off campus. TCU offers big resources and networks with a small hometown feel. The Fort Worth Zoo is right down the road from TCU, including Botanical Gardens, Kimbel Art Museum, Billy Bob's, the world's largest honky tonk, and downtown Fort Worth with even more social life going on! It is a great place to be! I am so happy here!

For admission into the University, the application process included the application, an essay about yourself, recommendation letters, an express yourself project, and transcripts/scores. Scholarship and grant opportunities that are within TCU are granted by the Financial Aid department and do not require extra applications. The department grants them based on eligibility. Once you go into a specific college at TCU, like Nursing or Education, you are eligible for more scholarships. These you have to apply for.

-unique core that makes you take classes you never would have, but you get a lot more out of it than expected

-small class size

-professors are extremely friendly and easily accessible

-some teachers follow plus/minus scale, and others don't

-many study abroad opportunities

-workload is tough, but nothing you wouldn't get in a real-world job

-All of the dorms have been or are being renovated, so all are extremely nice

-Cost of living includes laundry, which helps reduce casts

-Dining is all inclusive

-Neighborhood is a little different, but we are in our own "bubble"

The class sizes were almost always small and led by professors (only TA I had was in a lab) where participation was strongly encouraged. Professors kept pretty accommodating office hours and encouraged students needing additional help to stop by. Study abroad was emphasized/encouraged and the administrators helped me select and organize my study abroad experience. Along with a quality education, I always felt TCU understood and deeply appreciated it's students, offering exceptional customer service throughout the campus.

It was nice, but not as nice as the dorms are today. Dining was pretty good but not great and the neighborhood is very nice and has a good community feel to it.

2004 or earlier

The business school is rigerous. I was also a part of our Honors Program, and the classes were graduate level.

This is where TCU sets itself apart from other institutions. Our facilities are spectacular. We just spend $250,000,000 on upgrading our housing and campus life facilities. If we were to do away with higher education, TCU could be converted in to a luxury resort.

They require all the usual data, but they also have room for a personal statement that can be written or creative. I know for a fact that the admissions professionals review the entire application (including supplemental material and "out of the box" material) when making their decisions.

2004 or earlier

You must apply to get into the Business School. There are genearl requirements and core classes. The class size is exceptional (typically around 35 students) making professors very accessible. There are notable, published faculty who also have practical work experience. I am now an attorney, and had the opportunity to intern at a law firm my senior year in school and take classes for school credit.

The quality of life at TCU is fantastic. The facilities are state of the art, the cost of living on campus is reasonable, Ft. Worth is a safe and cultural town to live in, and I had a wonderful college experience.

The admissions process includes essays, early decision, financial aid, and scholarship opportunities.

Small class sizes, 1 semester religion course required

strong academic programs. tons of majors to choose from. most advisors are very helpful, i love the small class sizes. it's competitive here, but it just makes us work harder.

i did tcu's application, but the common application was also an option. i came down and talked to a counselor even though an interview is not required. the essay was short - only 500 words - and easy to do. i opted to apply early action because tcu was my first choice school and i wanted to know asap if i was in. i received an academic scholarship and large financial aid package.

Core curriculum. Degree program. Advising every semester. Avg class size of 26, open office hours for professors, study abroad areas in multiple countries.

Expensive housing, but high quality dorms. Decent dining, nice neighborhood. Safety provided. Beautiful campus. New facilities, support from the city.

Early and late decisions, scholarships awarded with certain applications, essays, creative writing/art assignment