“Co-workers, type of work, company culture, compensation, good amount of responsibility in short amount of time”
June 2017FORMER STUDENT

Long hours

Hard to say from my limited exposure to the firm.

Comments

If you don't know what you want to do, go in undecided and explore. Knock out your GEN ED requirements in things that interest you and get good grades. This will make it easy for you to transfer into a school of interest and succeed.

If you're an intern in the Federation side, it is nearly impossible to transfer to another division.

- How has the financial industry changed since the crisis?

- What is your greatest strength / weakness?

Improve the internal mobility process. It all seemed very arbitrary, and it didn't seem like everyone that attempted to transfer got a fair chance.

It's a fantastic place to work, but make sure you know what division you'd like to be in when you join, because the potential to move around is limited (although it is possible).

A continual process of learning

once you learned some tasks they become monotonous. However there are plenty of other tasks that are mind-challenging and enriching.

More diversity in regional offices.

Goldman Sachs invests a lot of resources on their employees, so if you are starting your career in the financial service industry, this firm is the place to learn from the best.

The fact that everyone at the firm was so open to talk to and everyone was more than willing to help me learn and grow. They really invest in helping you shape your career and become better overall. Great feedback sessions. Great team and culture.

My project, the team, and talks with management.

There is nothing I dislike about the internship.

Great experience, but disappointing internal mobility process

- You are given real responsibility, and over the course of 10 weeks you can become a valued member of your team

- You learn an incredible amount

- The culture of the firm is very collaborative and you are encouraged to network and meet as many people as possible

The Best Business Education in a Professional Environment

long hours, high pressure.

Working at Goldman Sachs was a chance to see an organization at the epitome of excellence, and I highly recommend it.

Professional Intelligent Employees

Placement of interns on teams

be open minded

Learning from the best in the business.

Not knowing if you would get an offer.

Teach more excel skills.

Bring your A game every day.

The co-workers and the dedication to my professional development.

How much there is to learn in such a short time.

When interviewing, ask specific questions about your particular team's culture rather than just the culture of the company.

Enriching, Productive , and Hands-on experience

hand-on work that added value to clients and to the firm.

team-work atmosphere

training

professional

networking

very few networking events outside the department

It could have been longer.

Coding thought process questions. Behavioral questions.

Promotion policies could be improved. Also, they could work on improving compensations to match tech companies.

Great culture. Very invested in helping you grow.

Efficient and very producting

People and the culture

Location and thats pretty much it

Challenging