“Great Opportunities”
June 2017FORMER STUDENT

Decent class sizes, opportunity for those who want it. Easy to transfer between schools. Numerous of clubs to get involved with

Hard to find your path. Advisers are hit or miss. You are your own best advocate.

Comments

If you don't know what you want to do, go in undecided and explore. Knock out your GEN ED requirements in things that interest you and get good grades. This will make it easy for you to transfer into a school of interest and succeed.

“Business School Review”
February 2016FORMER STUDENT

Great diversity and academic resources. Even though it is in the middle of North Philly the campus always felt safe with the amount of police near by. I highly recommend i this school

Living off campus is tough b/c its in such a bad neighborhood. Some programs are better than others. The business school is very good.

Comments

there is great university culture and the school is so big there are unlimited choices for classes and majors.

General Education requirements, Great teachers, Study abroad, Class size is 27 which is great considering we have 24,000 undergraduates, Great Advising.

Everything is great, safety is great with 130+ officers, 80 emergency call boxes etc, housing is good, Tech center is amazing (the largest of its kind in the nation) , library has 3million books.

It includes various questions, an essay and a common application. It also includes financial aid and scholarship information.

Gen Ed program

Major classes

Electives available

On campus and off campus living options

Reasonably priced to expensive

Unique Application

Essay

Scholarships available

We have a general education program where you have to take different classes in different subject areas ranging from art to the sciences. Also, you have your core curriculum for your major. Advising is amazing at Temple. I've never had adviser's before who remembered everything that you wanted to achieve after college and what your exact graduate plan was.

Everything about Temple University is great! They have amazing things to do on campus and then we have the city of Philadelphia at our feet as well. Safety on Temple's campus is great. We have over 125 trained Philadelphia Police Department Police officers that just work on Temple's campus and patrol all around it. I have been very happy here as well as all of my other friends.

Temple offers unique applications. They have an essay question that is interesting and you can be as creative as possible.

Gen. Ed. Curriculum (11 courses in 9 subject areas). 134 Academic Programs available. Average university class size 24-30 students. Professors are highly accessible, even though there are about 23,000 full-time undergraduate students. Fairly competitive environment, and there are a lot of opportunities for research/internships/etc. Lots of study abroad options, Temple has specific campuses in Rome and Tokyo. Workload varies slightly from program to program, and there are some that are more demanding (i.e. Biology, Architecture, BBTM, etc). Advisors are also very accessible, and most departments have walk in hours during the business week.

Temple has a 2-on, 2-off policy on campus... freshman and sophomores can live on campus, and juniors and seniors are expected to move off. Housing on campus costs about $8,000.00, whereas off-campus housing costs about $6-8,000.00. The campus and all of its facilities are fantastic, and very well-maintained. There are plenty of dining options in the area (Philly food is great!), and the neighborhood provides a great deal of awesome and affordable off-campus housing for students. As an urban university, there are obviously some safety concerns the university needs to address... and they do so by being incredibly pro-active with our campus security. There are 125 Philadelphia Dpt. trained police officers whose sole jurisdiction is Temple University and the surrounding blocks. We also have a ton of security call boxes, security cameras, and stadium lighting throughout our entire campus. Overall, students are very happy here and the quality of life on campus is very satisfying.

Very basic application with one personal statement/essay... letters of recommendations/additional materials optional. Decisions made on a rolling admissions basis. Financial Aid and Scholarships available.

Abundance. That's what you'll find at Temple. With over 130 undergraduate majors, you'll find something that ignites your passion.

Visitors to our campus often say how surprised they are to see that we actually have a campus! Main Campus is a walkable, green space with over 10,000 students living on and around the campus.

Philadelphia has a lot more than juicy sandwiches and cream cheese. With over 100 museums, 700 Zagat-rated restaurants and the largest landscaped park in the country - Fairmount Park at 4,180 acres - Philly has a lot to offer.

We're a walkable, manageable city just 1.5 miles from Temple's Main Campus.

When it's time to get serious, you can find a variety of internships in all fields. And we have over 100,000 alumni in the area who love to hire Temple students.

We receive almost 20,000 freshman applications per year, but each one is carefully evaluated by our admissions committee. We consider everything you have done, but strong academics are the key.

Academic Advising is very convenient and I see one advisor who helps me with everything I need. I recently decided to add a second major and she put me in touch with the head of my department to finesse a second major in only another year. Everyone has been very approachable and easy to work with.

We have an entire department that handles foreign opportunities at the Study Abroad Office. Our President Anne Weaver Heart even has a passport scholarship program which funds the cost of a passport for all first-time passport holders.

There are 6 on campus residence halls offered for students. Three of these are suite style (White Hall, 1940, 1300) and the other three are communal style (Johnson and Hardwick Halls, Peabody- most art students live here bc there is studio space in the basement and it's only a half-block walk from their main building Tyler). There is no significant price difference in the two styles. There is a two year on and two year off policy. Freshmen and Sophomores generally find housing on campus. However most 21+ students choose to live off campus because of the alcohol policies on campus.

For upperclassmen we have an Off Campus Housing Office to help students coordinate with landlords and other Temple-affiliated housing within close walking distance to campus.

The library is open until 2am M-F and the Tech Center (700 computer facility) is 24hrs from Sunday morning until Friday 7pm. With limited hours on Saturday.

We have 2 main dining halls: The Student Center (like a mall food court/fast food-ish) and Johnson & Hardwick Dining Hall (sit down style/huge buffet).

Crime on campus is severely limited due to our 120+ police force that patrols 24/7 as well as our stadium lighting throughout campus. We have blue call boxes every half block that connect directly to the Temple University Police Department. Our police aren't rent-a-cops. They are Philadelphia trained police.

If I had to re-choose my college and go back four years to senior year the only thing I would change would be to live on campus longer than one semester.

Temple University offers an online and paper application. The office of admissions requires neither a letter of recommendation nor an interview. After submitting an application the office of admissions retains it for one calendar year.

Temple offers merit-based scholarships valued at $2,500 and $5,000 per year for in-state students; $7,500 and $10,000 for out-of-state students. Students with a strong academic GPA and an SAT of 1150 or higher (on a 1600 point scale) are considered. There is no separate application required.

The Temple website is supersaturated with information.

Gen Ed classes are varied and interesting and provide extra options for students whose major is very focused on one subject area. I think the number of gen eds required is excessive, however.

I was a transfer student to Temple University, and as such had a different application than entering freshmen. My application asked about my aspirations and goals among other things. I did not use the common App since our school doesn't subscribe to that.

Temple offers a GenEd program that requires ten courses in various disciplines. All courses relate to the city of Philadelphia, from the sciences to liberal arts. My major, advertisng, is a 54 credit major that offers four tracks: copywriting, research, art direction and management. I am also in the Honors Program, which offers classes that are capped at 25 students and the best professors. There is a great deal of competition, but Temple has many resources to help students get a job, such as the Writing Center, networking opportunities, academic competitions and dedicated advisors. The workload is fair, challenging students from day to day and allowing students to explore their limits.

Temple offers six residence halls for students, in both communal and suite style. The university also offers living learning communities, allowing for a personal atmosphere as a freshman. The university has a 2-on campus, 2-off campus policy, yet does not throw students on the street. They have an office to assist students in finding housing in the area, and numerous apartment complexes that rent only to Temple students. Upper-classman have many options. The cost of living is resonable, especially at such a large state-affiliated school. The Temple police force is constantly on duty, patrolling both campus and the surrounding blocks. The stadium lighting on campus assures me that I am always safe.

Temple has General Education program that covers a wide variety of studies. Through this program, many students who enter college "undecided," have the opportunity to a take a many different classes to see what peeks their level or interest and could be a possible major. Academic advising is available by appointment only. Each professor is REQUIRED to have office hours each week so the students can talk with them about information in classes. Grading in the university is very fair and the GPA is calculated on a normal 4.0 scale. Temple wants to see many students take the opportunity to study abroad, especially on the Rome and Tokyo campuses. There are many places that students can travel, and the price is the same as a semester of tuition. The workload on students is reasonable but it also depends on each students major.

Housing is available for Freshman and Sophomore, but not available for Junior and Senior years. The University helps students off campus housing in their 3rd and 4th years. They provide excellent financial services to help pay for housing off-campus. The social life on campus is exceptional and the student body is very diverse. The dinning halls have good food and their are many other eating facilities around campus at an affordable cost. Temple has a police force of over 120 officers and a great lighting system that keeps the campus well lit at all times of the day. The security camera are High-Definition, there are officers constantly around the campus, and the university has over 60 Emergency Call Boxes on campus. Temple wasn't my first choice of university to attend after college. However, I'm EXTREMELY pleased with my decision and couldn't be happier that I chose this university.

Temple University has rolling admissions and looks over each application holistically. They offer a unique essay question for the application and there is not option to utilize the Common Application. You are automatically considered for academic scholarship with the submission of your application.