Academics at my school (especially in the sciences) is both excellent and rigorous. General requirements offer a diverse liberal arts background and major degree requirements give ample preparedness for life after Spelman. While research opportunities are few on campus, they are easy to find with perseverance. The workload is tough and can sometimes be stressful. Grading depends on the professor but overall is more stringent in the sciences than in liberal arts. Competitiveness is very high among students.

All awesome!

One unique question on the application was whether the applicant was related to any Spelman College alumnae. It led me to believe that legacy is very important here. There were early decision, early action and regular decision applications. The financial aid office was very open with meeting with applicants and provided me with a lot of assistance.

There are general, major, and minor requirements. We also have exceptional research programs, various electives, and excellent study abroad programs. The class sizes are often small and teachers are able to give you one on one assistance.

Prospective students must fill out an application complete with a critical essay section, financial aid section, scholarship section, and scholarship opportunities either on the Spelman website or through the Common Application. Prospective students may choose between Early Action or Regular Decision.

Cost of living is somewhat expensive, however the experience is very much worth the money. We, along with other colleges in the AUC, use the library located on Clark Atlanta University's campus. There have not been any incidents of crime or safety issues on campus in the four years I have been here and students can agree that we feel generally very safe in this environment.

Spelman provides its applicants with essay questions that are unique to the institution and its values. Online applications are preferred over paper applications.

Essay was mainly based on community service. There was not a lot of scholarship or financial aid available. I applied early action and I found out in a reasonable time.

The general requirements include math, english, a foreign language, physical health and education, etc. The requirements for the major fields vary and the academic advisors are extremely helpful. The classes are relatively small and that's good because the professors have more availability.

The housing is as well as can be expected for the age of the historic (to the institution) buildings. The cost of living on campus is expensive. Our campus is beautiful and well-groomed. Overall I am happy, although, the food could be a lot better.

For me the application process was relatively easy. I applied early decision using an application that I had printed off the internet. They do not, however, offer a lot of financial aid or institutional scholarships.

Class sizes are small, core classes are worth 4 credits as oppossed to 3 at other colleges/ universities, professors are very assessible, study abroad is encouraged, peer tutors are available for every subject, and many research oppurtunities.

New campus housing is Great- The Suites (for upperclassman)

The application process is a comibination of essays, recommendation letters, high GPA and school achievement, active school involvment (extra curricular activities and leadership positions), and competitive test scores.

As a biology major, I started my major as soon as I got to Spelman. My major requires 4 core biology classes, organic chemistry, general chemistry, physics and biology electives. Academic advising has been great and very helpful. Class sizes were perfect for me with about 20 students. The opportunities at Spelman are endless. The workload was doable and I got to study abroad during the summer. Competitiveness was very low and the grading was always fair.

My life at school was good although I did not like the visitation rules. The cost of living was very high at Spelman and that is why I choose to move off campus. The library is an okay resource that I did not use very often because of the internet. The neighborhood really needs to be catered to by the college community.

I was a regular decision student and the application process was online. I was considered for a loan and not for a scholarship upon entering Spelman.

Liberal Arts institution. Core requirements in each discipline. Class sizes are small (ex. largest ever was about 60 students, but for me have gotten as small as 3 when you get into your major). Only undergraduate institution so faculty are devoted to their students and committed to finding AMAZING opportunities for the summer internships, ones during the school year, and even jobs.

Housing is an experience not a stylish living situation, but creates a community for you to feel a since of belonging for the first year. After that you get a lottery number and get to pick your room, and the housing gets better as you progress through your studies. Dining, well it is not the best I won't lie but the good way to look at it is you avoid the freshman 15 or excessive weight gain. Safety is great, maybe even excessive which is great reassurance for parents. The community is great, if girls have concerns about being at an all girl institution they should find comfort in having an all boys school (Morehouse College) and co-ed school (Clark Atlanta University) across the street and you are free to cross register at either. Library is shared between all three campuses and was just remodeled this year.

Spelman challenges you to and expects you to think outside of the box and to achieve higher levels of academic progress than you would normally aim for.

Regular application process with a personal essay.

Liberal arts curriculum. Core curriculum includes english, humanities, math, science, PE, music/art. class sizes range from 6 to 40, avg of 25. professors very accessible and invested in the education of their students. plenty of research opportunities for those willing to do the work. competitive co-curricular programs. study abroad and domestic exchange opportunities available. students choose workload that is right for them. 4-credit hour classes.

I do not remember the exact details, but I do know that there was all of the above offered as a part of the admissions process for the college.