“It's not the best but not the worst”
December 2015CURRENT STUDENT

My Friends that I've made really made me good about myself.

The floor could be nicer though. It could just be me, really. I don't know.

Comments

Don't look at the floor. Look up, it will be better.

Classes are small, teachers are always available,

Housing sucks for freshman no air conditioning, Library is off campus which consist of a 15 minute walk and is not safe to walk to the library late at night. Dining is horrible, the food mostly consist of homestyle meals. The campus is safe because Public safety is always on patrol at night in cars or just walking around the campus.

The admissions process is pretty easy all you need is to have a large amount of extracurricular activities especially community service; having just participation it sports doesn't help much being that Spelman doesn't offer athletic scholarships. Early descision is the best choice to applying to Spelman. Expect to get your admissions letter later than the date perceived, which is April 1st.

I applied online and I believe there were 4 different essay prompts you could choose from and you had to write on one. The essay had to be at least 500 words in length. I applied early decision and got in, in December. The financial aid and scholarship opportunities that come directly from the school are slim so I would suggest exploring other outside scholarship outlets.