“It's not the best but not the worst”
December 2015CURRENT STUDENT

My Friends that I've made really made me good about myself.

The floor could be nicer though. It could just be me, really. I don't know.

Comments

Don't look at the floor. Look up, it will be better.

Spelman has an application process similar to most schools. However, Spelman's essay question is distinctive.

I love Spelman

Spelman accepts Common Application but their regular application is intense and requires thoughtful essays and often interviews.

Have a compelling essay, apply early decision, take AP/Dual Enrollment courses, great letters of recommendation recommendation recommendation, and keep an open dialogue with admissions.

There are general, major, and minor requirements. We also have exceptional research programs, various electives, and excellent study abroad programs. The class sizes are often small and teachers are able to give you one on one assistance.

Prospective students must fill out an application complete with a critical essay section, financial aid section, scholarship section, and scholarship opportunities either on the Spelman website or through the Common Application. Prospective students may choose between Early Action or Regular Decision.

Housing is nice however the housing staffs needs some work. Those who work in the main office are quite rude.

There is a standard application process that requires SAT and/or ACT scores. Also there are early decision, regualr decision and the common app. is accepted

Social Science Elective, P.E. Health ELective, Women's Studies, African Diaspora and the World, Basic Science Requirement. Biology Major: Population Biology, Organismal Biology, Physiology, Genetics, Immunology, Parasitology, Physics, Organic Chemistry, Genral Chemistry, Statistics all of which come with a lab. This is solely from a Biology major perspective. Other Majors are somewhat similar but not as rigorous

Don't remember anything but long essays. I can't recall the topic.

Cost of living is somewhat expensive, however the experience is very much worth the money. We, along with other colleges in the AUC, use the library located on Clark Atlanta University's campus. There have not been any incidents of crime or safety issues on campus in the four years I have been here and students can agree that we feel generally very safe in this environment.

Spelman provides its applicants with essay questions that are unique to the institution and its values. Online applications are preferred over paper applications.

Academics at my school (especially in the sciences) is both excellent and rigorous. General requirements offer a diverse liberal arts background and major degree requirements give ample preparedness for life after Spelman. While research opportunities are few on campus, they are easy to find with perseverance. The workload is tough and can sometimes be stressful. Grading depends on the professor but overall is more stringent in the sciences than in liberal arts. Competitiveness is very high among students.

All awesome!

One unique question on the application was whether the applicant was related to any Spelman College alumnae. It led me to believe that legacy is very important here. There were early decision, early action and regular decision applications. The financial aid office was very open with meeting with applicants and provided me with a lot of assistance.

Liberal Arts institution. Core requirements in each discipline. Class sizes are small (ex. largest ever was about 60 students, but for me have gotten as small as 3 when you get into your major). Only undergraduate institution so faculty are devoted to their students and committed to finding AMAZING opportunities for the summer internships, ones during the school year, and even jobs.

Housing is an experience not a stylish living situation, but creates a community for you to feel a since of belonging for the first year. After that you get a lottery number and get to pick your room, and the housing gets better as you progress through your studies. Dining, well it is not the best I won't lie but the good way to look at it is you avoid the freshman 15 or excessive weight gain. Safety is great, maybe even excessive which is great reassurance for parents. The community is great, if girls have concerns about being at an all girl institution they should find comfort in having an all boys school (Morehouse College) and co-ed school (Clark Atlanta University) across the street and you are free to cross register at either. Library is shared between all three campuses and was just remodeled this year.