I sent in a common app and was accepted

The core requirements are extensive, in addition to your basic freshmen courses (Information Technology, Academic Writing, Effective Speaking, etc.) and the general education courses (Social studies, history, math, science, and humanities) there is a "Common Core" where students must take 4 classes addressing the same 4 questions about humanism, God, religion, and society. Each of these Common Core classes looks at the questions from different fields (Political Science, English/Literature, Religion, Philosophy, etc.)

Major degree requirements vary depending on which college they lie in. All classes are less than 35. Classes are taught by professors and not TAs, which makes it easier to get to know the faculty. Faculty have their office hours posted on their doors as well as in the syllabus.

Housing is decent. After sophomore year, students can either find off campus housing or live in school housing which is at least a half mile away. Considering that the school is located on the border of a city that is known for its crime rate, the the school and housing is very safe. Dining has recently had a lot of complaints due the the new meal system. There are many organizations that reach out to the community and overall, students are pretty happy here.

The admissions process has changed since I applied over 4 years ago. Then, the application was an online process consisting of short essay-type questions along with submitting high school transcripts and other documents. Now, I believe, they accept the Common App.

Alot of core classes and common core requirements in order to graduate (philosophy, intro to religion, religion elective, history, speech class, academic writing, literature, science), the major degree requirements are quite extensive, as a marketing major I had to take business ethics, financial management, accounting 101 and 105, plus all the marketing classes, class sizes are very small ranging from 7 to 25, academic advising is very thorough, as a pre-med student I had access to the pre-med adviser and as a business major I had access to a business adviser; they were both available to meet at all times, the majority of professors are very easily accessible; you just go to their office or send them an email and they are always able to accommodate you for a meeting, most classes are challenging and there is a good amount of work for each, plus a lot of group projects, grading is tough, but not impossible, there are study abroad opportunities throughout all of Europe, and the workload is heavy, often times manageable, other times not so much. One exceptional part of this school is that they have tutors for virtually every subject available at the library studying center at no extra cost to students.

Housing is acceptable not bad at all, better than some other schools, but still not in the best of conditions, the cost of living is extremely high, the campus is nice and secure; throughout my 4 years here they have been constantly upgrading and remodeling the school, so it is always being improved, the facilities are all very accessible and it's nice that everything is on campus; the gym and chapel of the Holy Spirit are the most amazing features that stand out from this campus; they are state of the art, the library is well equipped and managed and they extend their hours during final exams week to accommodate students, the dining hall is alright; the food is better than at most schools, but still not great, they have a lot of options to choose from which is nice and it's something new everyday, there are 4 places to get food on campus, so there are options, including a sub place, the neighborhood is not the best, we are located right next to Bridgeport, but the public safety does a very good job of keeping the students safe.

Common App and unique app I think, one essay, no interview required, early decision/early action and regular decision options available, common app available, scholarship opportunities are very limited, most go to the athletes, not the international students.

Every student is to complete 120 credits in order to graduate. At least 51 of which will be within you're specific field of study. There are four Common Core Classes including History, Literature, a Social or Natural Science, and a Religion or Philosophy. in addition there are also the Foundational Core classes which include public speaking, a mathematics course, academic writing, and information literacy which teaches methods of research. And finally, elective core classes which cover all disciplines.

Each student is assigned an adviser freshman year to assist with any academic questions and with course registration. Once a student declares a major, a new adviser is assigned (or chosen) from that department.

Class sizes are 30 or less for introductory classes, and higher level courses offer even more personal attention. Needless to say, professors are very accessible both in and outside of the classroom. From my experience professors care a lot about the success of their students and will work hard to help students succeed in the classroom and also help them to acquire research or internship opportunities.

Study abroad opportunities are highly encouraged. Sacred Heart has campuses in Luxemburg, Ireland and more.

The academic Challenge is moderate. There is still time for sports and other clubs and organizations.

Housing is great, there are different styles of housing. doubles and some triples (no forced triples though) for freshman housing, and for upperclassmen there are suite or apartment style housing. Campus is growing and and improving every year. There are renovations happening in the Library, the university commons, the Chapel of the Holy Spirit which is just over a year old. and next year will mark the opening of the Student Center which will provide a new location for the Bookstore, alternate dining opportunities and a place for students to relax and interact with both each other and with faculty and staff. There are many opportunities for students to get involved in the community through the volunteer programs and service learning which is very much encouraged at Sacred Heart. I really like Sacred Heart and I'm proud to live and study here, I am confident in saying that most of my friends share this opinion!

My application process was a little different from usual because I was home schooled through high school. I filled out the common application with Sacred Heart's supplement. I also included writing samples and a transcript that I put together with my parents of all my work and extracurricular activities from high school. I interviewed with the admissions office and attended open houses and accepted student days.

There are varying levels of scholarships and grants available depending on academic ability, or involvement in different organizations available on campus.

The academics at my school were interesting. My course study, Marketing, was not a major yet so course work was limited. I wouldn't say the classes were challenging, but they did provide interesting projects and course work.

It's a smaller school that provides adequate housing options. Junior year students are allowed to move off campus. There was hardly any "crime", which gave Public Safety more time to monitor parking violations!!! I was overall a happy student with my living situations, nothing too great but certainly not sub-par.

It was long ago. What I remember was an essay about a personal experience, a brief interview with admissions, and an orientation after acceptance

2008

Common Application is used with a supplement. Merit Scholarships are given as well as financial assistance based on need.

we have a core curriculum that we must complete regardless of our major. we also then have a curriculum for our individually declared major. our professors have to do a mandatory 6 office hours as week however they are often available more than just those 6 hours. being in the college of business at SHU your business course taken abroad is FREE! we have 3 satellite campus' in london, luxenbourg and ireland. there are opportunities to get involved in any and everything you are interested in at SHU and the faculty and staff are incredibly helpful.

housing is provided all four years. 97% of our student body receives some sort of financial aid to come to shu and make it affordable. the library, cafeterias and gym facilities are open long hours. also, the school is always unlocked so students are always able to take advantage of the facilities no matter the hour to do work or hang out.

we are a test optional university meaning if you are not happy with your SAT/ACT grades, you do not have to send them in. if your GPA is above an 82 and you come to visit SHU (showing you are interested) you will most likely get accepted.

everyone is required to take 4 Common Core classes and certain required electives. Have enough credits to minor. Academic advising is tricky because you have to schedule an appt with your advisor whereas it is more automated at larger schools with set times. You need to meet with your advisor to get restrictions removed in order to register. Professors generally wiling to help. There are several study abroad opportunities for summer, winter and semester.

don't live on campus but feels very safe.

Fill out application and send in all necessary forms, essay, several scholarship opportunities upon admission.

The general requirements are good. The academic advising is great! Some teachers are better then others. The nursing curriculum is hard at some points.

The cost of living is really expensive, but the housing is very nice. The facilities are very nice and clean. The library is big enough for studying. The dining halls are somewhat good.

I applied on the Sacred Heart website. To be accepted I had to go to a campus tour, then after have an interview to follow. I was then told I was accepted in the Nursing Program.

You are required to take 9 religion/philosophy credits (we are a catholic school), 12 common core credits, and other credits specific to your major.

They have great housing that is offered and guaranteed for all four years of undergraduate studies. The library has great hours, its open late. The cafeteria has many options to choose from although as with any college, you do miss home cooking. We work well with our community, sending many students into schools to volunteer and help with after school programs.

For undergraduate admissions you can use the common application, there is no Sacred Heart specific application. No interview is required, however they are encouraged. It is a rolling admissions process, there is no early action.