Common core must be required to be finish before junior year. Small classes, with accessibility of professors.

Housing is a lot of money with ok conditions. Safety is not that good anyone can sneak into the building. A lot of people could get away with a lot.

Regular decision with a common application. No SAT scores required.

core classes are boring class sizes are regular advising sucks sometimes

Common application with financial aid forms and a separate form to fill out for early acceptance into certain programs

Science classes and English classes most professors are only part time and never available for help. Class size is very small so your professor will know you by name.

The area is close to a bad area in CT. The public safety is very good and and makes you feel safe. cost of living is a lot so if your someone who goes home a lot you should stay on to make it worth the money.

Do early action especially if you want to get in. Also scheduling an interview will better your chances of getting in to the university.

You have the core curriculum that follow the universities philosophy. We are a catholic school so you will have to take an additional 4 classes to the core curriculum that encompasses the ideas of what it means to be human, what it means to live a life of meaning and purpose, as well as a life of justice.

As far as the majors go. I'm a media studies (communications) major the professors are really helpful and honestly care that their students learn however we don't always have the equipment we need to be successful. The media lab is small and is horrible during finals week. There are not enough cameras to go around and our media studio is right next to the church, so the bells interrupt taping of video productions all the time.

Housing is alright some of it is a bit beaten up but overall its better than most. The dining hall is horrible. People run out of meal money way too quickly in the semester because of the high prices of the meals. They need to rework the the meal plan completely!

Common Application and financial aid, scholarship opportunities.

core curriculum, in addition to certain fulfillments in humanities/social sciences/art classes depending on major. Fairly uncompetitive. Professors generally aren't tough. Wordload varies on major - business and pysch majors typically do not have a tough workload, whereas nursing and sciences do. Offers study abroad in a variety of different countries including Italy, Ireland and even has a campus located in Luxemburg.

Housing is typical dorm setting for freshmen. Offers nicer suites (8-11 people) for sophmores. Most upperclassmen rent houses and apartments not through the university. Dining is not bad for a college (have experienced much worse elsewhere), facilities are small, but efficient for the most part, however there are many complaints that some departments could be better equipped. Public safety on campus is also decent - there is a lot more concern off campus (area surrounding school is a bit rough). Overall, students seem happy - there are a lot of different clubs and organizations to keep everyone entertained.

SATs scores, essays, early decision, scholarships, financial aid

Ridiculous

Extremely easy.

The classes in my degree were generally easy- Criminal Justice. You just had to show up and not fall asleep and you would at least get a B. The average class size was 24. The professors were always around via e-mail, office hours, or phone. They had no teaching assistants which was awesome and a huge benefit to the student as everythign was taught by the professor. The grading and competitiveness in my degree was very easy to the point we were a joke of the school sadly. The school does have student tutors which was another nice benefit. Core classes were harder and often times didn't seem relevant or applicable to bettering the student.

The library is horribly outdated as are the books on hand. The campus is very safe, though the security is generally looking to get students in trouble as they don't have much to deal with. The community around the school does not like it or the students and makes that known. The dining hall has limited options though they have recently opened more small eateries in the corners of the campus. The housing is nice if you have a double, but triples are very cramped. The gym is a great resource for people that like to work out. It is a suitcase school where most people leave on the weekends.

I knew a girl that got in with a 650 SAT- combined score. I had average scores for my HS and was being recruited by SHU as a high quality student. The interview was done by a grad assistant and they did more to show off the school for me to pick it then to decide whether they wanted to pick me.

2007

Although I've heard it's gotten more selective as the years pass, I handed in a standard Common Application at regular time, but I was recruited by the fencing team, which helped offer great scholarship opportunities (within the athletic program)

Useless core classes program, underwhelming student body, exceptional professors.