Application questions and essays, interviews (at least I did one), early dicision/action, financial aid, scholarships

2009

GREAT

Common Application

My favorite aspect about classes at Sacred Heart is the class sizes and the rapports you can build with your professors. Classes range from about 25-30(at the most) which allows for you to meet with your professor if you need extra help. They also have CLA's which are students that do well in that specific class and help tutor students. I found the smaller class sizes to be a better learning environment and easier to focus.

I only lived on campus Freshmen and Sophmore year and had fun both years. Living on campus gives you the opportunity to meet new people and always know whats going on for the weekends.Although moving off campus saved me money for the cost of living, the memories made 1st and 2nd year were worth every penny.Sacred Heart also provides a lot of volunteer opportunies and community service to help out those in need in Bridgeport.

My application process was a little different because I applied to be pre-accepted to their physical therapy program. My essays asked for an explanation of why I wanted to attend Sacred Heart in addition to why I wanted pt persue a career in Physical Therapy. Interviews were pretty laid back and made me feel more comfortable about starting college. They are normally pretty good at helping students out financially. It its something you're concerned about,I highly recommend talking to someone who works in the financial aide office because they may be able to provide you with alternatives such as scholarships you can apply for.

we have a core of classes each student must take consisting of a religion, sociology, writing class, speech (communicating effectively class), philosophy, history (western civ), and english course you must take in conjunction with your major minor classes, classes are normally less than 30 students, professors are very accessible emailing or posting on blackboard within a day of a post

food is good, its definitely not home cooking but you have a wide variety, its in a safe area with a small structured campus, facilities are clean and new or newly rennovated, the university has a strong community relationship with the towns of Bridgeport and Fairfield around it emmersing its students in community service and service learning, strong faith base for those of the Catholic faith

unique application, essay about goals, there is early decision and you can put in a common application, financial aid comes quick after you are excepted and the school has tons of scholarship opportunities and programs

small class sizes

Expensive don't give good financial aid. I feel very safe here. Very happy

The core classes seem to be repetitive. However the majors in the business school are very intensive and enjoyable. They challenge their students to the fullest. All of the advisors I have talked to are very knowledgeable and helpful in their respective fields. The small class sizes are a personal favorite of mine at Sacred Heart. The professors are very easily accessible. Whenever I need to talk to them they are available. It seems to be a fairly competitive school which I do enjoy. Study abroad is vast. There are a lot of opportunities to study abroad. The workload is also very doable as long as you try.

Housing at Sacred Heart is exceptional. The dorms, for the most part, are up-to-date and clean. The cost of living is slightly high however. The campus is beautiful and they are constantly updating it to keep it new and fresh. The dining is lacking for the most part, which I find to be one of the most disappointing parts of the University. The library is outdated, however they are updating it this summer. The crime and safety rate isn't bad. With the University on the borderline of Bridgeport you are always looking over your shoulder, however for the most part I feel relatively safe.

The school recently is interviewing all applicants that apply to come into the college. They also offer early decision, not early action, which I am personally not in favor of. Sacred Heart University uses the common application in their admissions process. as for financial aid, they could be more helpful. After sending several letters and emails and making numerous phone calls to the office regarding financial aid, I was never responded to, which in my eyes is disappointing. Scholarship opportunities are very good at Sacred Heart, as long as you know how to look you can get decent scholarships.

Class sizes are small. You can easily have access to your professors if needed for extra help, office hours, etc

Dorms are dorms no matter what the school. My first 2 years I lived on campus in dorms and last 2 years where off campus housing in a house then an apt. Closer to bridgeport then fairfield. Close to the mall and only amenities food store, staples etc.

Application, and essays. I did not go for an interview but know many people who dis and would suggest it.

2008

There are a good amount of core classes that have to be completed for graduation other than that, you pretty much focus on your major. There are of course classes that are required for your major but they're all very interesting. Classes are fairly small and its very easy to get intouch with your professors. They are required to have office hours, you just have to make it up to yourself to meet with them.

SHU no longer required SAT or ACT scores unless you feel as though they will help you get in. The application and essay are fairly easy just don't wait until the last minute to complete them.

Four core classes (some were really good), must take some religion/philosophy. My advisor was great and I took all the classes I needed to, plus some for fun. Class sizes are very small and all the teachers know your name by the second class. They are very personable and approachable and willing to help in any way. If you put in the effort, your teachers notice and are more willing to help. They have great study abroad opportunities-almost everyone I know went to Ireland for a semester or 3-week course and Loved it! They also have special nursing study abroad opportunities to Guatemala and Jamaica, which are amazing.

Housing is very nice but expensive. A lot of people are RAs to get reduced housing costs. The campus has lots of renovations and they are continuing. It is a small campus, but it's nice because you can walk down the hall and see at least one or two friendly faces. The main dining hall is not the best thing ever, but they have two others that are much better. Very little crime on campus, but don't wander too far down Park Ave at night because it can be kind of sketchy. There is a very strong connection to the community and numerous opportunities for community service

Common app, great tours and interview opportunity. They have a program where prospective students can visit for a day or a night and stay with a student of the same major, go to classes, the dining hall, etc.

no longer uses SAT scores