Application questions and essays, interviews (at least I did one), early dicision/action, financial aid, scholarships

2009

The core classes seem to be repetitive. However the majors in the business school are very intensive and enjoyable. They challenge their students to the fullest. All of the advisors I have talked to are very knowledgeable and helpful in their respective fields. The small class sizes are a personal favorite of mine at Sacred Heart. The professors are very easily accessible. Whenever I need to talk to them they are available. It seems to be a fairly competitive school which I do enjoy. Study abroad is vast. There are a lot of opportunities to study abroad. The workload is also very doable as long as you try.

Housing at Sacred Heart is exceptional. The dorms, for the most part, are up-to-date and clean. The cost of living is slightly high however. The campus is beautiful and they are constantly updating it to keep it new and fresh. The dining is lacking for the most part, which I find to be one of the most disappointing parts of the University. The library is outdated, however they are updating it this summer. The crime and safety rate isn't bad. With the University on the borderline of Bridgeport you are always looking over your shoulder, however for the most part I feel relatively safe.

The school recently is interviewing all applicants that apply to come into the college. They also offer early decision, not early action, which I am personally not in favor of. Sacred Heart University uses the common application in their admissions process. as for financial aid, they could be more helpful. After sending several letters and emails and making numerous phone calls to the office regarding financial aid, I was never responded to, which in my eyes is disappointing. Scholarship opportunities are very good at Sacred Heart, as long as you know how to look you can get decent scholarships.

GREAT

Common Application

My favorite aspect about classes at Sacred Heart is the class sizes and the rapports you can build with your professors. Classes range from about 25-30(at the most) which allows for you to meet with your professor if you need extra help. They also have CLA's which are students that do well in that specific class and help tutor students. I found the smaller class sizes to be a better learning environment and easier to focus.

I only lived on campus Freshmen and Sophmore year and had fun both years. Living on campus gives you the opportunity to meet new people and always know whats going on for the weekends.Although moving off campus saved me money for the cost of living, the memories made 1st and 2nd year were worth every penny.Sacred Heart also provides a lot of volunteer opportunies and community service to help out those in need in Bridgeport.

My application process was a little different because I applied to be pre-accepted to their physical therapy program. My essays asked for an explanation of why I wanted to attend Sacred Heart in addition to why I wanted pt persue a career in Physical Therapy. Interviews were pretty laid back and made me feel more comfortable about starting college. They are normally pretty good at helping students out financially. It its something you're concerned about,I highly recommend talking to someone who works in the financial aide office because they may be able to provide you with alternatives such as scholarships you can apply for.

we have a core of classes each student must take consisting of a religion, sociology, writing class, speech (communicating effectively class), philosophy, history (western civ), and english course you must take in conjunction with your major minor classes, classes are normally less than 30 students, professors are very accessible emailing or posting on blackboard within a day of a post

food is good, its definitely not home cooking but you have a wide variety, its in a safe area with a small structured campus, facilities are clean and new or newly rennovated, the university has a strong community relationship with the towns of Bridgeport and Fairfield around it emmersing its students in community service and service learning, strong faith base for those of the Catholic faith

unique application, essay about goals, there is early decision and you can put in a common application, financial aid comes quick after you are excepted and the school has tons of scholarship opportunities and programs

small class sizes

Expensive don't give good financial aid. I feel very safe here. Very happy

For general requirements you have to take 3 common core courses; history, english than a religion or philosophy. class size is very reasonable the max is 30, and advisors are always willing to help you out. study abroad is also offered at our school

there are security guards located at the entrance to the school as well as the entrance to all the freshman dorms. the cost of living/tuitition is a little high. the food is good but it gets repetitive after a while. rooms are a decent size

Need good grades and sat scores

Very business oriented in regards to classes and majors. A lot of business majors, yet still had small class sizes. Very knowledgeable staff.

Great atmosphere around small campus. Campus is growing and is always being renovated.

Common App. Rolling admission

General Requirements and core classes were reasonable and for a history degree the required classes made sense to take. My advisor was extremely helpful and made me feel more confident in my work. She also made the registration process very easy by always outlining what i needed to complete for my major during every meeting.

Housing had become very difficult during my 4 years at SHU. Enrollment kept on growing every year which left less and less room for upper classmen on campus. What was originally housing for some juniors and majority seniors when I was a Freshman became a Sophomore housing area during my senior year because freshman had taken over the other housing units. Like many students, when I was a junior I moved off campus to bridgeport.

I was a transfer student and came to SHU during the second semester of my freshman year. I believe that the main reason I was accepted to the school was because my brother also attended the school

There are common core (human journey) required courses, foundational core courses, humanities elective core courses, social/behavioral elective core courses, mathematics/science elective core courses, and religious studies/philosophy elective core courses. As a Sociology major, to receive a BA in Sociology I am required to take 36 credits. I am also able to do a Sociology concentration in teaching or general Sociology. I am also required to take electives to fill up credits needed. There is a 5 year education program offered for elementary and secondary education that allows students to get their masters in 5 years. The class sizes are very small, with no more than 25-30 students a class. So far, I have never had a problem getting in contact with my advisor and professors. Grading is challenging but not impossible. As long as you put hard work in, the course work is manageable. Study abroad opportunities are great and I am already planning to study abroad next year.

Overall, I am extremely happy at my school. I love everything it has to offer from academics to campus activities, organizations and clubs.

Application, essay, early decision and regular decision, financial aid and scholarship opportunities.