RPI tries to give each student flexibility in their schedule. Inside of the major, a student takes certain concentration electives to pick some type of specialization. Outside of the major, students have a 24 credit humanities and social science requirement. This can be fulfilled by any number of class ranging from Psychology to Philosophy to Music to English or whatever you could possibly want.

Research is extremely easy to get into at RPI. You can start as early as your second semester freshman year. There isn't really a competitive nature at RPI, most students will help each other out for no reason other than they're a fellow student. Everyone knows that graduating from this college is enough to secure a job.

The residence halls were recently renovated and a really a nice place to live. My hall freshman year became a very close family and we still hang out together two years later even though we've all moved on to other groups of friends.

The labs and gyms are all state of the art. The dining halls have an excellent variety. Crime on campus is extremely low to nonexistence. The local town of Troy has a bit of a crime rate, but Troy PD does an excellent job keeping everyone safe.

Overall, I can't imagine going anywhere else. This was clearly the best decision for me.

RPI uses the common app with an added supplement as well as its own application. RPI doesn't do interviews but you can meet with someone if you want to talk about the college. My financial aid package was substantial and was what convinced me to attend.

The curriculum for is heavily math and science based. Practical and hands on elements are incorporated in relevant classes. There is also a heavy focus on getting real world experience in areas from technical writing to real world problem solving.

The quality of life is excellent. The only real issue is that some of the classrooms in the older buildings could be renovated.

Common Application with a university supplement.

flexibility outside of core classes, every student given an advisory study abroad available, research available for pay, credit or experience, competitive work but much work done in groups.

Common Applications with supplement, interviews offered but not required. Too early decision options and no early action. Much financial aid over 90% of students get some form of it.