Core classes in math and science, 24 humanities and social science credits requirement. Easy to obtain undergrad research, class cap is 125. Lots of study abroad options, lots of work.

Off campus living is cheaper and just as nice. Crime isnt as bad as people complain. library is great, dining is awful.

Common App with questions, or Candidates Choice. No interviews. Two early decision dates and one regular.

First start off with larger classes to cover main "core classes." As you move up into 2nd year class sizes get smaller around 40 students. Professors have 4 to 6 hrs of office hours a week and TA's also have office hours. I do undergrad research and have been for the last 2 years. I love it and it is very versitile with my time. Grading depends on the difficulty of the class. The harder the class the more curves they have. The easier the class the harder the grading. In major specific classes its difficult to pull of an A.

Public safety is really good here and I feel really safe while on compus. All of the facilities are pristine. They are gorgeous and I could have asked for better facilities to learn in. Diner is really good too. They have a good variety of food out all the time I just wish they would build a "healthy" cafe on campus or something for those who arent craving fried food all the time.

One personal essay, two recommendations (math and/or science teachers), interview, regular decision...... got merit scholarship and played field hockey freshman year here.

When I applied to Rensselaer, there were three different categories, early decision, regular decision, and early action - of which I chose the third. As a Rensselaer Medalist, I got to fill out a shorter application and had my fee waived. Interviews were offered, but I chose not to undertake one. I did receive a decent financial aid packet for my first year.

Academic advising required each semester in order to register, general requirements classes are extremely challenging, but they prepare you for the following classes in your concentration very well, study abroad program in tact as well and is an exceptional opportunity, class size is from 20-30 students, professors will make time and are accessible very easily, should be prepared for an hour of work for every hour of class time that you spend

Very available, many options, lots of activities held. Library and student union open many hours of the day, facilities kept in good shape, dining options are great

Personal Statement, Early decision and regular decision, common application with supplement. High levels of math and science required

Love it! It's expensive but it's worth it! Really nice facilities and love the convience

Common Application with a supplemental form. Fairly easy process. Parents did my financial aid stuff. Same application for early decision. Just a matter of getting all your stuff together sooner.

Check the course catalog online! rpinfo.rpi.edu

The student population is miserable. They really do not know how to live it up and enjoy themselves. What do you expect from a school full of Engineers who think that a fun time is sitting on a 12 pack of MOUNTAIN DEW playing World of Warcraft?

Common application with a supplement. Very good with giving aid.

It is a harder school and requires more work. The professors are very accessible and there are lots of research opportunities.

Housing and food are a little expensive. There is a ton to do at school and it's very active. The community is strong and the neighborhoods are safe.

I used the common application with an additional essay. There is early decision, but I used regular decision.

The relatively small average class size has been very important to my success as a student. Also, there wasn't a set curriculum for the dual major I wanted to pursue (after having come in undeclared), so my advisors have been wonderful in making sure I fulfill all my requirements for both sides of my major. Due to the dual major, my workload is on the heavy side, but I'm abnormal in that regard.

There are a lot of housing options - both on and off campus. There's always stuff to do on campus - we have a ton of clubs that are always doing something. The relations with the city can be strained at times, but it has improved significantly since I got here 4 years ago.

I was able to use the Common Application, but I instead chose to use the Candidate's Choice application that was sent to me by email. I believe it was sent to me because I had attended an information session and campus tour. The Candidate's Choice application was very similar to the Common App.

My essay