It is very competitive.

The food is amazing.

After 2 years of pre-pharmacy, admission requires an interview, essays, letters of recommendation, and 2 applicatons.

2016

The academics at Purdue are rigorous, but rewarding. The faculty makes you look past just learning for the course and actually apply that knowledge towards real life situations.

The life at Purdue is absolutely amazing. Students there are always ready and willing to meet new students, and the orientation program (Boiler Gold Rush) is a fantastic way to get students acclimated.

The admissions process is an application along with a few short essays. The College of Engineering is very selective in terms of GPA requirements, and involvement in organizations within your school and a heavy math and science curriculum in high school is suggested.

My core classes are mostly biology and chemistry and are very challenging and increase in difficulty significantly each year. However, Purdue has the best of the best in the nation in terms of professors and academic advisors. The men and women who teach us are world renowned pharmacists who have discovered compounds, formulations, new drugs, and many many other scientific discoveries. If you are willing to put in the full amount of work it is absolutely worth while to learn from the world's top pharmacists.

I live in a sorority that is 2 blocks from all my classes. The campus is beautiful, and very condensed based on majors for convenience and less hassle. I miss Purdue the second I leave it to go home for the summer or winter break.

To apply for prepharmacy school it was extremely selective but very easy. There is an online portion and a transcript submission. I was informed without even applying that I qualified for an academic scholarship

must maintain separate science gpas

cost is a lot but it is worth every penny

1000 apply they take about 100

Most of my required classes were about 200 students but there were many opportunities to access the professor or a teaching assistant to obtain help if necessary. The workload was considerable requiring on average 5 hours outside of class studying material. Grade cutoffs were tough in one class, making the experience stressful at times, while other classes did not have grade cutoffs as high but these classes had harder material to learn. Pharmacy is very competitive seeing that only 160 out of around 100 students receive admittance to the Professional Program every year.

The food is very good on campus. Between the five different dining courts you can always find something you like, and it is very delicious whichever dining court you choose to dine in. Housing is convenient and very fun because you get to live with 40 people your age, which provides vast opportunity to meet to new people and make lasting friendships. The neighborhood around campus is pretty safe. Only occasionally is there a warning about a robbery or suspicious character on the streets. The facilities are top of the line and new. Anything you need from books to resources can be found in a library of campus facility.

I completed an online application, PharmCAS, which included an essay and at least two references along with filling out job history, extracurricular activies, and all classes completed/in progress. Out of 1000 plus applicants, if you were one of 300 selected for an interview, you then performed a english usage test, written essay, verbal usage or speaking test and interview with two faculty members from the college of Pharmacy. If after this step you were accepted into the Professional program, you were in unless you had more then 3 C's total before your 1st Professional Year or you obtained 3 C's in one semester.

2015

For my major, I have a lot of requirements that need to be met in order to continue. Freshmen year, you take a lot of core classes and starting sophomore year you'll start taking more classes that relate to your major. My advisor is very helpful and always there when I need something.

There is a ton of housing every where around campus. Cost of living isn't too bad depending on where you are in relation to campus. There are a ton of libraries everywhere for the convienence of students and an overall safe campus.

My school is highly competitive because we can only get three Cs. The class sizes are large for lecture but are much smallerd for recitation. The professors are easy to access. I have not heard of any research programs but I realize we are all competing for the same spots.

The cost for the dorms is very ridiculous in my opinion

Even apartments come at extremely high costs. The libraries are open at good times and there are enough that you can always five a place to study. The dining courts are a rip off but the food was good and it gabby me one less thing to worry about since I didn't have to make my own meals.

The admission process includes an interview, written application, and essay questions. It is advised to have job shadowed multiple people and be able to talk about those experiences.

2016

One of the best in the country

Good but expensive

Essay

Requirements: Introduction to Psychology, Speech class, Algebra/Triginometry, 4 years foreign language for all majors except for Engineering

Total 1 faculty to 14 student ratio

MANY research opportunities

Extremely notable faculty including Noble Prize winners

MANY study abroad opprtunities

Purdue has a great quality of life, and is much better than other schools

The residence halls are in great condition and are constantly being updated and renovated

Housing prices are reasonable

Facilities are great, 11 libraries, over 50 computer labs

The best dining halls ever

Neighborhood and quiant, safe, and cute

It's comprehensive. They look at SAT, ACT, and GPA scores, along with extracurriculars, an essay question for some schools (such as Engineering or Management asking you why you want to be in that program)

The professors are INCREDIBLE! Most are just good ole farm guys/gals and sincerely care about your success. Even if you're in a class of 300 people I can almost guarantee you that the prof will know your name by the end of the semester.

I love the campus, the people, and the security of Purdue University. They have their own police and fire department which I think is great. They also have a new program where if you're walking home alone at night or whenever and you don't feel comfortable, you can call the number and have someone walk home with them.

I started off in the College of Science so I'm not 100% sure how College of Ag handles their admission.