The academics at Purdue are rigorous, but rewarding. The faculty makes you look past just learning for the course and actually apply that knowledge towards real life situations.

The life at Purdue is absolutely amazing. Students there are always ready and willing to meet new students, and the orientation program (Boiler Gold Rush) is a fantastic way to get students acclimated.

The admissions process is an application along with a few short essays. The College of Engineering is very selective in terms of GPA requirements, and involvement in organizations within your school and a heavy math and science curriculum in high school is suggested.

Most of my required classes were about 200 students but there were many opportunities to access the professor or a teaching assistant to obtain help if necessary. The workload was considerable requiring on average 5 hours outside of class studying material. Grade cutoffs were tough in one class, making the experience stressful at times, while other classes did not have grade cutoffs as high but these classes had harder material to learn. Pharmacy is very competitive seeing that only 160 out of around 100 students receive admittance to the Professional Program every year.

The food is very good on campus. Between the five different dining courts you can always find something you like, and it is very delicious whichever dining court you choose to dine in. Housing is convenient and very fun because you get to live with 40 people your age, which provides vast opportunity to meet to new people and make lasting friendships. The neighborhood around campus is pretty safe. Only occasionally is there a warning about a robbery or suspicious character on the streets. The facilities are top of the line and new. Anything you need from books to resources can be found in a library of campus facility.

I completed an online application, PharmCAS, which included an essay and at least two references along with filling out job history, extracurricular activies, and all classes completed/in progress. Out of 1000 plus applicants, if you were one of 300 selected for an interview, you then performed a english usage test, written essay, verbal usage or speaking test and interview with two faculty members from the college of Pharmacy. If after this step you were accepted into the Professional program, you were in unless you had more then 3 C's total before your 1st Professional Year or you obtained 3 C's in one semester.

2015

My core classes are mostly biology and chemistry and are very challenging and increase in difficulty significantly each year. However, Purdue has the best of the best in the nation in terms of professors and academic advisors. The men and women who teach us are world renowned pharmacists who have discovered compounds, formulations, new drugs, and many many other scientific discoveries. If you are willing to put in the full amount of work it is absolutely worth while to learn from the world's top pharmacists.

I live in a sorority that is 2 blocks from all my classes. The campus is beautiful, and very condensed based on majors for convenience and less hassle. I miss Purdue the second I leave it to go home for the summer or winter break.

To apply for prepharmacy school it was extremely selective but very easy. There is an online portion and a transcript submission. I was informed without even applying that I qualified for an academic scholarship

It is very competitive.

The food is amazing.

After 2 years of pre-pharmacy, admission requires an interview, essays, letters of recommendation, and 2 applicatons.

2016

must maintain separate science gpas

cost is a lot but it is worth every penny

1000 apply they take about 100

For the most part, the school is flexible with allowing people to switch majors without too muh of a hassle. Advisors are great. Study Abroad is encouraged, but it is not required.

There is always something to do at Purdue, whether it be walking around a beautiful campus, or getting a pickup sports game.

Similar to other school's application process. It had some critical thinking involved.

there are core classes, but it gets very specific very quick which I love because learning about what you are interested in is so much better!

The meal plan is a bit expensive, but worth it at least for the first 2 years. I love having so many libraries to go to! And the organizations are worth going to!

2 years pre-pharmacy...application to pharmacy school (essay and interview)...then 4 more years

but just to get into pre-pharmacy you need to have good grades and show that you are well-rounded by being involved in a few different things

2016

As an Engineering major, I was placed into Purdue's (unique) First Year Engineering program. This allowed me a year to "graduate" from FYE and subsequently be accepted into my respective school (assuming grades are good enough). FYE requirements are what many consider "General Education," or Gen Ed, courses, such as English, Speech, Calculus I and II, and Chemistry.

I love living on campus at Purdue. The campus is beautiful in my opinion. There are numerous places to study and just hang out between classes, even late at night. I feel completely safe walking back to my dorm at 2 AM. The dining courts are amazing as well (Freshman 15, anyone?).

Purdue has a simple application that consists of one essay (if I remember correctly). You are automatically considered for university scholarships and financial aid if you apply by the priority deadline.

There was a general application with a required short essay.

For my major, I have a lot of requirements that need to be met in order to continue. Freshmen year, you take a lot of core classes and starting sophomore year you'll start taking more classes that relate to your major. My advisor is very helpful and always there when I need something.

There is a ton of housing every where around campus. Cost of living isn't too bad depending on where you are in relation to campus. There are a ton of libraries everywhere for the convienence of students and an overall safe campus.