“Purdue University”
June 2016CURRENT STUDENT

The support of the alumni to pursue student interest and help them into their careers. Mitch Daniels is doing a great job of giving students a voice (even to the dismay of many faculty members)

The difficulty of working with faculty members to actually help their students as opposed to pushing their own personal agendas

Comments

Come in willing to work hard and willing to work with alumni to extend your network to ultimately land you that job you're going to Purdue for in the first place

“Overall Great Experience”
September 2015CURRENT STUDENT

great faculty, nice peer students, convenient facilities (eps. nice modern libraries, Starbucks has multiple locations on campus), Amazon one-day delivery on campus

The location is not ideal--rural area surrounded by corn field. Krannert school focuses too much on corporate employment.. Not too many alumni that work in IBD or real estate or fashion...

Comments

If you are an international student and need more career opportunities, schools located in the major cities (NYC, Chicago, Boston, LA, SF, DC etc.) will sorta give you an edge.

I've had a range of experiences with Purdue faculty members, but I'm sure any honest college student would say the same thing about their school. Occasionally I've had teachers who just seem to go through the motions, and they haven't made themselves very available to the students as far as office hours, help sessions, etc. However, while attending Purdue, I've also had the opportunity to be taught by some of the most brilliant, exceptional teachers that I've ever met. For the most part, the professors are extremely interesting and eager to assist students who make an effort to seek the extra help/attention. On top of being wonderful teachers, several of my professors have received awards for their achievements in research. Numerous professors at Purdue University allow undergraduate students to work in their research lab for credit hours, and this is an experience that I highly suggest taking advantage of! Classes are competitive, but all of the resources to help you succeed are available at Purdue. Lastly, the Study Abroad Office at Purdue is also a fabulous resource. Hundreds of Purdue students go abroad each year, whether it's for an entire Fall/Spring semester, a Maymester, or a 6-week summer program.

The housing opportunities for Purdue students are endless. There's a variety of dormitories for Freshmen, upperclassmen, and graduate students as well. They range in their amenities as well as costs, with the more expensive dorms offering more spacious, private rooms with other extra perks. All of the dining halls are wonderful. They serve food buffet/all-you-can-eat style, and students just have to swipe in before each meal with their student ID. Each dining hall has its own specialty, so students never get tired of the food! The other facilities are also great, like the libraries, computer labs, etc. Libraries are large with lots of private, quiet study space for individual students or rooms for groups. Several computer labs are open twenty-four hours, and they're spread all over campus so their locations are convenient as well. Crime is extremely low. I've never felt unsafe on Purdue's campus in the past two years. However, there are emergency phones located all over campus. If a student ever feels threatened, he/she can pick up the phone, and it automatically calls the emergency operator. The phones are easy to spot because they're located in bright yellow boxes with blue lights on the top.

The application questions and essay questions were pretty standard when I applied, but I think that things have changed a little since then. Purdue really values applying early, and they inform all of their early decision applicants around the second week of December. I rated Purdue as a 7 because the average grade for average for each new class has raised significantly over the past few years. Also, it's become increasing difficult to become admitted into some of Purdue's most prestigious programs, such as Engineering, Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy, etc. Lastly, whereas for my graduating classes academic scholarships were awarded automatically if students possessed above a certain GPA and SAT/ACT scores, additional applications are now required to receive these scholarships.

Advising is strong, class sizes are smaller with grad students teaching and large with professors teaching. research is very common. grading is very strait forward. study abroad is very common.

many large libraries all over campus. dining is the best around i havent found any better college dining courts. yes i said dining courts. the saftey is huge especially since we are a dry campus. the strict rules keep things very safe and orderly.

unique application questions, essay, early action, regular decision, financial aid and scholarship preference to in state.

It is extremely tough. Do not look at it as going to be easy. Many of the science,math, and engineering classes are huge lectures with a lab and a 30 person or so recitation. The English, Communications, and Foreign Language classes are smaller usually about 30 people.

Housing is pretty good. The dorms are all different but each one has something good to offer. The libraries are really crowded all of the time so you have to search for smaller places to study. Safety is great they have text alerts for anything that goes wrong. Cost of living in my opinion is pretty standard about 10,000 or so after food and everything is my guess. Dining courts are great if you do not care about your weight. They have great food and lots of choices, but many of the healthy choices are limited. They have a salad bar and fruit but many times the fruit is frozen. So, gaining weight with a meal plan can be expected. Overall I have been very happy with school and I would suggest anyone go to Purdue!

It was not too bad. You have to fill out general information. Pay I think 50 dollars. And write a short essay about something you have accomplished.

It really depends on the year and class that you are in. You start out in more general larger classes, and as the years go on, you specialize and the class sizes become smaller.

Most buildings are really cool in design and have special features such as a cafe etc. The dining courts are new and serve amazing food, too. There is so much to chose from.

Take a couple tests and write essays.

There are many classes to choose from ranging from easy to very difficult. There are also study abroad opportunities for all.

IT'S FANTASTIC! Its safe. Food is WONDERFUL! People are NICE. And housing is SUPERB.

There are a few essays and no interviews. Its best to apply before November.

It really depends on what you're going into that determines the core requirements and class sizes.

It's expensive but worth it. Purdue is Safe.

There is a choice of essays, sent in test scores and transcripts, and financial aid and scholarship opportunities.

love the clinical size and the way clinicals are set up. because of the direct admission we start nursing right away

love being in a sorority, it helps bring campus closer and smaller

essays about nursing. direct admission into the program unlike any other big 10 school except for Michigan

Having only completed my freshman year, the majority of my classes have been large gen ed classes that a majority of the freshman class has to take as well. However, I still found that the teacher's really do want you to succeed and they are always welcome to office hours and questions through email. They are very accessible. I also took two honors classes, which only had about 20 kids in them and I loved those as well. No matter the size of the class, you can get to know the professor, it just depends how much effort you want to put in and how you want to go about doing it.

I absolutely LOVE everything about living at Purdue. I think everything's fairly reasonably priced, and campus is just really fun. There isn't much of a town, but I think campus is self sufficient enough to provide a good time and comfortable atmosphere.

The earlier you apply, the better chances you have of getting in are, as well as getting scholarships and other financial aid.