There are several different options for classes. It is very flexible.

Cost of living is high. But the campus is nice.

The application process isn't difficult. However, once you are admitted into pre-communication, you have to get good grades in the pre-comm courses in order to admitted into the actual major.

General requirements and core classes can be really fun, or incredibly frustrating. I would advise all incoming students to talk to returning students to find out which core classes to take, and which to avoid. Regarding Major/Minor degree requirements, most of the classes are profitable, especially in the 300-400 levels. The quality of academic advising depends on the individual advisors--some are willing to do a lot of legwork for the students; in other cases, the student needs to be willing to do a lot of running around themselves, especially when s/he is double majoring and has two (or more) advisors. Class sizes vary--of course, gen ed classes (e.g. Chemistry 111) have large populations (about 200 people); however, most classes are much smaller, especially if they are honors courses. Professors are generally quite accessible, and with a little persistence it is not too difficult to get an unpaid research position. Classes are quite competitive--not so much in the gen ed courses, but definitely so in upper-level courses. Particularly for students who are trying for A's, it is often hard work to do so--as Purdue runs on the +/- system (A+, A, A-, B+, etc.), it is a difficult position to be on the "A-" line when one is striving for a solid "A". New students should be aware that, although an A- is worth less than an A, an A+ is not worth more than an A. Regarding notable faculty: if one is pursuing a degree in Speech Language and Hearing Sciences (SLHS), exceptional faculty include: Dr. Mahalakshmi Sivasankar, Dr. Lata Krishnan, Dr. Alexander Francis, and Barbara Solomon. If one is pursuing a degree in Linguistics, Dr. Mary Niepokuj is fantastic. Workloads are generally manageable, and with good time management skills, academic, social, and personal lives can all be balanced. There are also plenty of study abroad opportunities available.

Campus is generally pretty, although there is always some kind of construction/expansion happening. Computer labs and libraries are everywhere, and there are many study spaces available. Resources are widely available, particularly at the Purdue Memorial Union (where there are banking services, food services, student services, etc). Food is generally high-quality. Also, the neighborhood is nice, generally safe, and a decent place to live.

Not a difficult application at all; I applied regular decision, which involved writing a few essays. I don't remember having to interview. Also, there were many opportunities for financial aid/scholarships; out-of-state tuition is much higher than in-state tuition, so those applying from out-of-state should probably focus more energy on applying for scholarships.

I do not have a major yet. But the academics are challenging, and encourage me to problem solve not only for class work, but for life's challenges. Some professors are very educational, and interested in me as a student and my education.

I really enjoy the people, how nice and friendly everybody is. I love the variety of people there are to interact with. I love meeting people, because I feel that I learn through life experiences and through the people that I meet. I believe that Purdue is a great place to be, and the atmosphere encourages education and interpersonal relationships.

I had to write a paper about myself, and turn in the paper before early action. There are some scholarship opportunities.

All you have to do is complete a 150-500 word essay and an application for admission.

essay, common application accepted, reasonable financial aid, and fair scholarship opportunities

Some majors are hard, and others aren't. It's the same with the classes. Some majors are really easy to get 4.0 gpa's in like Communications and OLS, but then we've got engineering students that are just struggling to compete with their peers. Some classes have such bad teachers that before the curves half the class isn't passing. There are a lot of study abroad opportunities but you have to search for them. The class sizes are good, although some classes are only offered in lecture halls on certain times and they're pointless to go to. The requirements for most majors aren't horrible, but some classes are hard because they're weed out classes.

Housing is expensive, but I live in a sorority. The campus facilities are good, except the libraries never stay open late enough. Most times I don't have time to go on campus because by the time I do and get settled, the library is closing soon. There isn't a lot of crime which is good, even though we get random reportings of batteries all the time. The greek system is the only aspect of Purdue that is getting worse and it's because of Kyle Pendleton and President Cordova. Neither one of them like the greek system, so any time something goes wrong on Purdue's campus the greek system gets blamed for it. Purdue is the 3rd largest greek system in public universities, but I think thats going to change over the next few years.

The essays were pretty standard. Its very easy for international students to come to our school and its easy for in state students to come to Purdue. Other than that, I would say they're more selective. Purdue prides themselves on having a diverse student body population, so they want huge numbers of foreign students. There are some scholarship opportunities although I'm not familiar with any of them.

lots of core classes, not many electives to choose from in my major, but liberal arts allow for a very student-specific courseload. plenty of academic advisors, class sizes are not too big except in some classes, plenty research opportunities, fairly competitive, pretty strict grading, and plenty of notable faculty and study abroad opportunities

Live at home, excellent dining courts, safe neighborhood, very happy with Purdue.

unique application, 3 essays, no interviews, early decision in december, did not use common app, plenty of financial aid and scholarships available

Lower level classes are in huge lecture halls, but the higher you go, the smaller the class.

Weather is terrible, but everything else is great.

It's pretty easy...basic info/short essay.

The core classes for Engineering are difficult and depending on the credits brought in, they are hard to complete in a year to get into the college of your choice. Class sizes are not bad, and get smaller the longer that you are in your major for. Professor office hours are nice and depending on the class the TA's are the ones that you talk to and they are very helpful. It is definitely competitive, but is not impossible. It is a hard workload, but if it is important to you, then it is do-able.

I have lived in the dorms and I will live in a sorority house. It is expensive, but it's not as bad if you are in state. The campus is large, but not too big, and the libraries and other facilities are nice and helpful. I feel safe wherever I am on campus and it is a lot of fun.

They did not use the common application, I had to write an essay specific to the school. They had a rolling admission but if you applied by a specific date you could get a scholarship depending on your high school GPA and ACT/SAT score.

Large class sizes (especially freshmen courses). There's a general education program (18 gen. ed. credits required from every student).

Excellent dining courts--large, lots of food variety, good hours. Good housing, many are air-conditioned, easily accessible.

There's a unique application, easy to fill out, with one essay required. If you apply early (by October) you get an admission notification by mid-December.