“Purdue University”
June 2016CURRENT STUDENT

The support of the alumni to pursue student interest and help them into their careers. Mitch Daniels is doing a great job of giving students a voice (even to the dismay of many faculty members)

The difficulty of working with faculty members to actually help their students as opposed to pushing their own personal agendas

Comments

Come in willing to work hard and willing to work with alumni to extend your network to ultimately land you that job you're going to Purdue for in the first place

“Overall Great Experience”
September 2015CURRENT STUDENT

great faculty, nice peer students, convenient facilities (eps. nice modern libraries, Starbucks has multiple locations on campus), Amazon one-day delivery on campus

The location is not ideal--rural area surrounded by corn field. Krannert school focuses too much on corporate employment.. Not too many alumni that work in IBD or real estate or fashion...

Comments

If you are an international student and need more career opportunities, schools located in the major cities (NYC, Chicago, Boston, LA, SF, DC etc.) will sorta give you an edge.

My core classes are mostly biology and chemistry and are very challenging and increase in difficulty significantly each year. However, Purdue has the best of the best in the nation in terms of professors and academic advisors. The men and women who teach us are world renowned pharmacists who have discovered compounds, formulations, new drugs, and many many other scientific discoveries. If you are willing to put in the full amount of work it is absolutely worth while to learn from the world's top pharmacists.

I live in a sorority that is 2 blocks from all my classes. The campus is beautiful, and very condensed based on majors for convenience and less hassle. I miss Purdue the second I leave it to go home for the summer or winter break.

To apply for prepharmacy school it was extremely selective but very easy. There is an online portion and a transcript submission. I was informed without even applying that I qualified for an academic scholarship

Most of my required classes were about 200 students but there were many opportunities to access the professor or a teaching assistant to obtain help if necessary. The workload was considerable requiring on average 5 hours outside of class studying material. Grade cutoffs were tough in one class, making the experience stressful at times, while other classes did not have grade cutoffs as high but these classes had harder material to learn. Pharmacy is very competitive seeing that only 160 out of around 100 students receive admittance to the Professional Program every year.

The food is very good on campus. Between the five different dining courts you can always find something you like, and it is very delicious whichever dining court you choose to dine in. Housing is convenient and very fun because you get to live with 40 people your age, which provides vast opportunity to meet to new people and make lasting friendships. The neighborhood around campus is pretty safe. Only occasionally is there a warning about a robbery or suspicious character on the streets. The facilities are top of the line and new. Anything you need from books to resources can be found in a library of campus facility.

I completed an online application, PharmCAS, which included an essay and at least two references along with filling out job history, extracurricular activies, and all classes completed/in progress. Out of 1000 plus applicants, if you were one of 300 selected for an interview, you then performed a english usage test, written essay, verbal usage or speaking test and interview with two faculty members from the college of Pharmacy. If after this step you were accepted into the Professional program, you were in unless you had more then 3 C's total before your 1st Professional Year or you obtained 3 C's in one semester.

2015

It is very competitive.

The food is amazing.

After 2 years of pre-pharmacy, admission requires an interview, essays, letters of recommendation, and 2 applicatons.

2016

The academics at Purdue are rigorous, but rewarding. The faculty makes you look past just learning for the course and actually apply that knowledge towards real life situations.

The life at Purdue is absolutely amazing. Students there are always ready and willing to meet new students, and the orientation program (Boiler Gold Rush) is a fantastic way to get students acclimated.

The admissions process is an application along with a few short essays. The College of Engineering is very selective in terms of GPA requirements, and involvement in organizations within your school and a heavy math and science curriculum in high school is suggested.

must maintain separate science gpas

cost is a lot but it is worth every penny

1000 apply they take about 100

It really depends on the year and class that you are in. You start out in more general larger classes, and as the years go on, you specialize and the class sizes become smaller.

Most buildings are really cool in design and have special features such as a cafe etc. The dining courts are new and serve amazing food, too. There is so much to chose from.

Take a couple tests and write essays.

Advising is strong, class sizes are smaller with grad students teaching and large with professors teaching. research is very common. grading is very strait forward. study abroad is very common.

many large libraries all over campus. dining is the best around i havent found any better college dining courts. yes i said dining courts. the saftey is huge especially since we are a dry campus. the strict rules keep things very safe and orderly.

unique application questions, essay, early action, regular decision, financial aid and scholarship preference to in state.

The professors are INCREDIBLE! Most are just good ole farm guys/gals and sincerely care about your success. Even if you're in a class of 300 people I can almost guarantee you that the prof will know your name by the end of the semester.

I love the campus, the people, and the security of Purdue University. They have their own police and fire department which I think is great. They also have a new program where if you're walking home alone at night or whenever and you don't feel comfortable, you can call the number and have someone walk home with them.

I started off in the College of Science so I'm not 100% sure how College of Ag handles their admission.