extremely strong. super nice professors, leading figures of their field. Care about teaching. lecture+discussion, small class size. Professor host office hours, take you out to tea/meal, invite you to their house. A variety of classes to choose from. Very demanding course load, but lots of research/internship/study abroad opportunities and options

Common Application, Pomona College Supplement w/ extra essay, SAT, 2 SATIIs, High School transcript, three recommendation letters, optional art/music/athletic/science supplement, optional interview

need-blind acceptance process + full need met financial aid, very generous

Breadth of study requirements in the five major course areas. Small class sizes. Study abroad opportunities (although this can be difficult). Academic advisors assigned to you as a first-year but you can switch advisors according to your needs and interests. There are more jobs than there are students on campus, so it is quite easy to get an on-campus job. There are also research opportunities with professors, even over the summer. Grading is described as inflated and easy, but I think that the professors know how to encourage their students, who work very hard. Workload is tough, but not impossible. Professors want you to succeed and want to create dialogue in and out of the classroom.

Great rooms. Great food. Many dining halls to choose from. Library is spacious, but far away from South campus (where underclassmen live). Very safe neighborhood (but not completely safe). I couldn't imagine attending any other college. While tuition is certainly high, Pomona is a paradise--beautiful buildings, weather, and people!

Common Application plus optional additional essays. There were two sets of Early Decision. Interviews are encouraged. There is financial aid offered to those who qualify.

Every person has an academic advisor, whom they can switch if they want.

Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) awards up to $4,000 stipend for the summer doing research with a professor or to come up with an independent research project.

Study abroad is encouraged and very possible, no matter what the major. Different programs abroad for science students (chemistry research, ecology etc.) as well as more typical programs.

Professors always have office hours, will even invite you to their homes for dinners, or you can invite them to lunch. Deans and the President of the college are also accessible and have office hours, will respond to emails.

General requirements broad, you will fulfill them without even realizing.

Very residential college, housing guaranteed for all 4 years, with 97% of students living on campus.

60% single dorm rooms.

Dining is amazing, access to dining halls of all colleges in the consortium (7 dining halls) that serve different food everyday. Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free options.

Neighborhood is cute, quaint, a lot of boutique stores but quite pricey.

Very safe, even when walking alone at night. Option of having campus security escort you if necessary.

We have Early Action 1 and 2. We accept Common Application and an optional essay on top of that. Interviews are recommended. No scholarships awarded but financial aid is need blind and over half of the students receive aid.

Small classes. Professors are exceptionally accessible. Lots of opportunities for research, every major can study abroad, core classes are great.

Good food, good library, pretty safe.

Interview, lots of essays, I applied early decision II. There was a common application.

Courses are divided in to 5 categories; must take one class in each category for "breadth of study." Also must complete a language requirement and take at least one Phys. Ed class in the first year. Major requirements (I am a Math major) are approximately 11 classes and a final thesis-like project. I meet with my advisor (who is not in the math department) a couple of times each semester to check in and discuss course selection, though I also speak to professors I've had in the math department regarding math classes. Class sizes are small, generally (I haven't been in a class of more than 30), and the professors make themselves incredibly available. Research opportunities are readily available for those interested. Student attitude is not competitive, but I've heard that 2/3rds of the grades given are As, so there could be a good reason for the laid-back-ness. Workload has always been reasonable for me, but I am very conscious of that when I choose my classes. Faculty are very, very smart and interesting, though perhaps less notable than at a school like Stanford or Harvard.

Very residential. Housing is great; the rooms are really nice and well sized. Very little crime; mostly bike thefts. I've never felt unsafe on campus. Dining on-campus is great; food immediately off-campus is less so. The village is cute though. Not that interesting. Community relations are alright--the college does actively try to improve them, though. As far as I am concerned, most people are very happy.

Common Application, Supplement (one essay), Interview on campus, Early Decision I, merit scholarship from New York State (not affiliated with the college in particular), no financial aid requested.

Common application, supplemental essays, interview. Early Decision Option.

A fair distribution of general requirements with a lot of choice. Class sizes are small. Professors are almost always available in person or by email - even in late hours of the night. Competition is unnecessary, everyone is extremely qualified. Workload is always fair. Study abroad is idealized. Research opportunities are ample. Pomona students work hard, but enjoy doing it.

It's all more than I could ask for.

The application essay was actually enjoyable to write. The interview was my favorite part, in my interviewer I saw a type of person that I aspire to being.

Core requirements are easy to fulfill and include social sciences, natural sciences, humanities, and a foreign language. Major requirements vary, most require a thesis. Advisors, after freshman year, are chosen by students and tend to be helpful. Most class are under 25 students and professors are very accessible. There is strong encouragement of and many opportunities for research. Workload is generally high but grading tends to be on the lenient side, though some professors are tough. The study abroad office has a wide variety of programs, most requiring proficiency in a foreign language.

Over 90% of students live on campus all four years which fosters a good sense of community. Overall the the dorms are nice and have mostly single rooms. Dining is very good with the ability to eat at the dining halls of all 5 Claremont Colleges adding to variety. Facilities are generally clean and well maintained though the fitness center is not state of the art. Claremont is a little bit to quite but all essentials are within 10 minutes driving distance and Los Angeles is only 1 hour away. Overall students are very friendly and happy.

Supplemental application to the common app with an additional essay, interviews recommended, early decision available

General requirements and core classes - extremely reasonable, especially because many Pomona students have very diverse interests. I and most of my friends fulfill the breadth requirement (one course each in 5 different general subject areas: art and expression, logic and mathematical reasoning, hard sciences, and two categories to cover social studies) without realizing it. The PE courses are all fun, most students go above and beyond the meager requirement in the course of their athletics activities, or just for fun. Language requirement (2 years) is not insignificant, but possible to place out of. Major degree requirements vary greatly between departments, with some majors as few as 9 courses and no required thesis, to a max of 16 courses and required thesis or senior project.

All my interactions with professors at Pomona - from academic advising to office hours to lectures to panicked midnight email exchanges regarding course schedules and summer REUs - have been excellent. All the professors here love teaching and are eager to help you do your best, learn the material, and hopefully develop a deep love for their subject whether or not you're a major. My advisor (also professor and head of my major's department) has helped me search for summer opportunities, forwarding specific REUs she thinks would especially appeal to my interests - based on the many, many hours we've spent together - and I know I'm not the only one to have such a close and rich relationship with my advisor.

Grades are somewhat inflated, it varies greatly by major (Read: don't expect to get straight A's in math or computer science). Everyone at Pomona is brilliant, but you DON'T talk about grades except with your closest friends - we're all here to learn and go to class because we love to learn and enjoy our subjects, not to get good grades (though people do). We work hard ... very hard, and dedicate a lot of time to extracurricular activities, but we also play hard, and always make time for our friends. We talk about work, but hide how stressed we are - that spoils the fun.

Study abroad is very common (I think about half the junior class goes abroad - but , again, it varies by major), Pomona makes it easy and encourages it.

VERY expensive, but once you'r on campus ... Pomona could not be better. I absolutely love it and miss it when I'm away. The campus is beautiful, the library expansive, though we like to complain there are tons of dining options between the 5 colleges of the consortium of which Pomona is a part. The campus feels very safe, and expect to see many smiles.

The City of Claremont likes to deny that it's a college town and is very expensive, but if you don't mind taking the bus or the train (or you have a car, in which case, you can expect to be very popular. Public transportation seriously sucks) the whole of Los Angeles and the Inland Empire is at your doorstep.

- Common Application with required supplement (including additional essay), arts supplement also available

- Interview offered but not required; only about half of my friends did interview

- Early decision and regular decision both offered

- Tons of need-based financial aid available, more common than not to be on financial aid; several of my friend chose Pomona over other schools in part because more aid was offered

Not many core requirements, academic advising required for everyone, professors very accessible.

So great

Common Application, supplement application, interviews suggested