A fair distribution of general requirements with a lot of choice. Class sizes are small. Professors are almost always available in person or by email - even in late hours of the night. Competition is unnecessary, everyone is extremely qualified. Workload is always fair. Study abroad is idealized. Research opportunities are ample. Pomona students work hard, but enjoy doing it.

It's all more than I could ask for.

The application essay was actually enjoyable to write. The interview was my favorite part, in my interviewer I saw a type of person that I aspire to being.

Pomona's liberal arts requirements are not that demanding. Students must take courses in all five core areas, and are required to take at least an equivalent of three semesters of a foreign language. Most students graduate with double majors, minors, or transcripts that reflect the cross-discipline nature of the college, and most everyone excels in multiple, diverse fields of study.

Pomona has more dorms rooms than students that need housing. This allows us to live quite comfortably, staying on campus within short walking distance of any destination, including the City of Claremont's historical Village. The facilities are all top-of-the-line, with some dorms boasting real fireplaces, and all classrooms utilizing the latest in education technology. Our library has more books than any other Liberal Arts college in the world. Dining Services are run in-house by the dining staff, who work tirelessly to provide a literal cornucopia of organic produce and gourmet dishes every meal of the day, every day of the week.

The school asks for a photo of you when you apply, which they attach to your file and use to identify you by. The "facial recognition" starts before you are even accepted. It's a very persona and intimate system. Everyone's application is expected to be utterly unique and very informative.

common app and supplement, with additional optional essay and interview. No merit scholarships, but 100% financial need covered by scholarship.

The workload is good. The atmosphere is competitive, but it is self-competing, the challenge to will oneself to exceed one's capacity for learning. We are encouraged to work together to achieve common goals, which is a skill that I'll take into my future.

extremely strong. super nice professors, leading figures of their field. Care about teaching. lecture+discussion, small class size. Professor host office hours, take you out to tea/meal, invite you to their house. A variety of classes to choose from. Very demanding course load, but lots of research/internship/study abroad opportunities and options

Common Application, Pomona College Supplement w/ extra essay, SAT, 2 SATIIs, High School transcript, three recommendation letters, optional art/music/athletic/science supplement, optional interview

need-blind acceptance process + full need met financial aid, very generous

Liberal arts education, must take a course in each of the five areas, foreign language requirement. Professors are available almost anytime you need. Class size is small, perfect for discussions, professor know your name. Going to lunch with a professor is not uncommon. Grading is tough, exams are hard, challenging, but enriching. Workload is tremendous, but not is doable. Professor are extremely passionate and dedicated to their subject matter. Study abroad is very common, but hard for pre-med students to fit in.

Housing is expensive, but financial aid is phenomenal. Everything is within walking distance. All facilities are up to date and nice. The library is a great place to study, but there also many many other places to study. I have never felt unsafe on campus and crime is basically non-existant.

Common Application plus a supplement (unique question: Something that have recently done just for plain fun, not academics). Regular Decision. Interview optional, but highly recommended. Tremendous scholarship opportunities

There are five general education requirements, each of which can be satisfied by a number of different classes. The only specifically required class is a Freshman seminar. Major requirements vary across disciplines but often allow students to take a good amount of other classes not related to their major. My experience with academic advising has been exceptional; my advisor is very accessible and provides valuable advice about classes and other aspects of my academic life. Class sizes have been small, between 12 and 25 students. What makes Pomona's academic experience so valuable is the combination of a lack of competitiveness between students and intense motivation to do well and collaborate with other students.

Housing is beautiful and spacious, the campus is beautiful, food and dining hall options are fantastic, the neighborhood is charming and safe, and the overall level of student happiness (as I've seen) is very high.

The application included the Common Application an optional supplemental essay to the Common Application and an optional interview, both of which I participated in. I applied early decision, which was binding. There are not merit based scholarships offered through the college.

Go to www.pomona.edu to find answers to all of these questions. POMONA IS EXCEPTIONAL!

Nice residential college, in a beautiful and safe community. So happy that I decided to come here!

Common App with Pomona College Supplement

Interview strongly recommended for local students.

Early and Regular Decision Options

GREAT financial aid.

There are five areas of GE: math, science, art/literature, history/social science, and politics/society. You also have to take the equivalent of three semesters of a foreign language and complete at least on PE class. Class sizes tend to be very small: my classes usually have about fifteen to twenty people in them. Professors are extremely accessible and helpful and love to work with you on just about anything. I personally haven't done any research here, but I have lots of friends who worked with professors over summers and got paid for it.

The only complaint I have about housing (although this is a big one, I think) is that there is no control over room temperature. A couple dorms allow student control of heat and a/c, but most dorms have no a/c to begin with, and the vast majority of heaters are controlled remotely. This REALLY SUCKS. Everybody has a different ideal temperature, but everybody's forced to live with the same one, which wastes energy at the same time it makes people grumpy.

Cost of living is pretty high, because everything at this school is expensive; but again, financial aid is good for need, and very few people live off campus (even though it's perfectly allowed). The dining halls are ok, but since you're so close to the other colleges you can easily change up the cuisine when you want. The library is great as a resource, but severely lacking on study space. Around finals, there are literally no spots to go study, because they're all taken. Apparently we have problems with theft on campus, especially of bikes, although I've never had anything stolen. The village (the main part of Claremont) is really cute and fun to explore, and there's some good shops and restaurants and nice movie theatre. A lot of the time because of the nice weather students will be out sunning and studying on one of the two large grassy areas; it makes for some happy people.

Wow, this was a long time ago. It was a unique application (i.e. not the Common App) that included a personal essay. I also interviewed with an alumnus and stayed a night on campus as a prospective student. Financial aid is all need-based, no merit-based, but they commit to fulfilling all need. I did regular decision, but they also have early decision.

General requirements are easy and fun to fill. Science majors can be a bit big, but manageable. Study abroad is easy to do if you have a plan, and general workload is heavy but manageable.

They were on the common app, with creative supplement questions. I liked the question, "tell us about something you do outside of academics"