Breadth of study requirements in the five major course areas. Small class sizes. Study abroad opportunities (although this can be difficult). Academic advisors assigned to you as a first-year but you can switch advisors according to your needs and interests. There are more jobs than there are students on campus, so it is quite easy to get an on-campus job. There are also research opportunities with professors, even over the summer. Grading is described as inflated and easy, but I think that the professors know how to encourage their students, who work very hard. Workload is tough, but not impossible. Professors want you to succeed and want to create dialogue in and out of the classroom.

Great rooms. Great food. Many dining halls to choose from. Library is spacious, but far away from South campus (where underclassmen live). Very safe neighborhood (but not completely safe). I couldn't imagine attending any other college. While tuition is certainly high, Pomona is a paradise--beautiful buildings, weather, and people!

Common Application plus optional additional essays. There were two sets of Early Decision. Interviews are encouraged. There is financial aid offered to those who qualify.

The workload is good. The atmosphere is competitive, but it is self-competing, the challenge to will oneself to exceed one's capacity for learning. We are encouraged to work together to achieve common goals, which is a skill that I'll take into my future.

As a history major, the classwork at Pomona is rigorous but manageable. Writing skills are tested weekly in many classes. I have never received a grade I felt I did not deserve. There are plenty of research opportunities. Professors are very willing to support independent student research and initiatives. The workload in general allows students to engage in student organizations. Professors are always competent and almost all professors are truly accessible.

Housing is mostly great. Many people live in singles and most freshman housing is pretty good. Sophomore year is usually the worst but even this year many students have great housing. Then, junior and senior year generally mean great housing.

The Common Application and one addition essay are required. An interview is strongly advised. The essay can focus on a wide variety of topics. The financial aid at Pomona is tremendous. Pomona was much cheaper to attend, and a far better school, than my home state schools. Pomona offers many scholarship opportunities for students to pursue research and community projects.

PE requirement, 3-semester language requirement (which can be skipped with a relevant AP, IB, or SAT II score), 1 full-credit course in each of the following general areas: creative expression, quantitative reasoning, physcial sciences, human ethics and values, human behavior and social institutions. Study abroad is very popular. Academics are rigorous, and students work very hard, but generally achieve a good balance of academic and hands-on learning through extracurriculars, outdoor trips, or other activities. Professors are extremely accessible and invested in the students. Very little competitiveness among students -- the greatest competition is with yourself.

Housing is guaranteed for all 4 years and generally excellent. Other campus facilities are wonderful, including the library, labs, athletic facilities, dining halls, etc.

Pomona uses the Common Application in addition to a supplement which includes extra essays. All demonstrated need is guaranteed to be met, eliminating student loans. Applicants may also complete an optional interview and send in alternative media, such as a video, to supplement their application.

Courses are divided in to 5 categories; must take one class in each category for "breadth of study." Also must complete a language requirement and take at least one Phys. Ed class in the first year. Major requirements (I am a Math major) are approximately 11 classes and a final thesis-like project. I meet with my advisor (who is not in the math department) a couple of times each semester to check in and discuss course selection, though I also speak to professors I've had in the math department regarding math classes. Class sizes are small, generally (I haven't been in a class of more than 30), and the professors make themselves incredibly available. Research opportunities are readily available for those interested. Student attitude is not competitive, but I've heard that 2/3rds of the grades given are As, so there could be a good reason for the laid-back-ness. Workload has always been reasonable for me, but I am very conscious of that when I choose my classes. Faculty are very, very smart and interesting, though perhaps less notable than at a school like Stanford or Harvard.

Very residential. Housing is great; the rooms are really nice and well sized. Very little crime; mostly bike thefts. I've never felt unsafe on campus. Dining on-campus is great; food immediately off-campus is less so. The village is cute though. Not that interesting. Community relations are alright--the college does actively try to improve them, though. As far as I am concerned, most people are very happy.

Common Application, Supplement (one essay), Interview on campus, Early Decision I, merit scholarship from New York State (not affiliated with the college in particular), no financial aid requested.

There are a few general "area requirements", a language requirement (that can be fulfilled by AP credit), and a PE requirement. Each major has its own requirements and each student must have an adviser in order to register for classes. The classes are generally small (20 or less), except for a few intro and science classes. The professors are accessible almost all the time by email, and all hold office hours or will readily make appointments with students. Research positions are competitive in some departments, but all students will have done some research by the time they've graduated. The summer undergraduate research program provides funding for students to do research on campus over the summer. The academics are more collaborative than competitive, but students are very driven and self-motivated. The grading is somewhat inflated, but students work very hard. Most faculty have the highest degrees in their fields. Most students who want to (which is many) study abroad. The workload is intense, and students spend most of their time during the week doing homework, as well as a significant amount on the weekends.

The housing is excellent (I've had a single room for my first two years and probably will for my next two), the rooms are decent sized and the dorms are kept clean. Most of the necessary costs of living are included in room and board, but the cost of living in the area is generally pretty high. The campus is beautiful and a good size. The facilities I'm familiar with (sciences) are top-notch. I don't really use the library (out of personal preference) but it is a good resource for many people. I love the food, and it's all you can eat, with takeout options. Claremont is a great town, but it doesn't really cater to the college population (restaurants and movies are expensive). The relations with the community are generally good. Crime is not really an issue, although some of the neighboring towns are not very safe. The only crime that is prevalent is bike theft, and there are a few break-ins per year on busy party nights when people leave their doors open. Overall, every one here is happy and loves being at Pomona.

Common Application with supplement including essays. I didn't do an interview, although they were available. I applied Regular Decision.

The general requirements are very loose and easy to fulfill. The classes and professors are amazing here; they're dedicated and brilliant.

The application process is really geared towards getting to know the applicant. There are several unique essay prompts in addition to the Common Application.

5 area requirements, PE req

Small classes. Professors are exceptionally accessible. Lots of opportunities for research, every major can study abroad, core classes are great.

Good food, good library, pretty safe.

Interview, lots of essays, I applied early decision II. There was a common application.

1 course in each of 5 areas of study required

3 semesters or equivalent of foreign language

1 semester of mild physical education

Majors require at least 10 courses each

Class sizes are very small

Research opportunities available, professors always approachable

Most students study abroad

Everything costs a lot of money, but financial aid saves most of us

I'm very happy here :)

Common application, supplement with unique essay questions, very generous financial aid package once admitted