General requirements are easy and fun to fill. Science majors can be a bit big, but manageable. Study abroad is easy to do if you have a plan, and general workload is heavy but manageable.

They were on the common app, with creative supplement questions. I liked the question, "tell us about something you do outside of academics"

Five area requirements, one class in each, but the requirements are very broad, and at least one or two usually corresponds with your major. You're assigned an advisor when you get to school, but you usually change when you declare a major. Advisors, and professors in general, are very accessible if you need them. Classes are very small, and there's a lot of interaction with professors. The environment isn't competitive, but classes are demanding. There are many opportunities to study abroad, and it's rather easy to do.

Housing is almost entirely on campus. The campus is quite beautiful (it's southern California, after all). The dining halls are excellent, and you can go to the other four schools' dining halls as well. The school is in Claremont, which is an upper middle class suburb of LA, which means that it's generally fairly safe, if a bit boring.

Common application with supplement including essays, regular decision, need-blind

general reqs include a foreign language req and PE req, plus we must take courses in multiple fields outside our major (called breadth of study reqs); then there are the major reqs, which are pretty intense

housing is amazing - the dorms are beautiful, cost of living is acceptable, facilities are always in good condition/maintained, the library is wonderful and accessible, there are many options for dining which is great, neighborhood is very safe, we have a positive connection with the community, and almost everyone is extremely happy - we call it "the cult of happiness" at Pomona

used common application, mostly normal essay questions - one was about a time when you had fun, which was a little difference, interviews were very important, early decision is an option (which I used and was admitted by), financial aid is need-blind and loan-free; it is very generous, as well

5-6 area requirements, advisor assigned from 1st day on campus, classes generally small (15-20 students on average)

very safe campus, food is amazing, dorms generally good

common application essay + one supplemental essay

interview recommended

financial aid given on need basis

A fair distribution of general requirements with a lot of choice. Class sizes are small. Professors are almost always available in person or by email - even in late hours of the night. Competition is unnecessary, everyone is extremely qualified. Workload is always fair. Study abroad is idealized. Research opportunities are ample. Pomona students work hard, but enjoy doing it.

It's all more than I could ask for.

The application essay was actually enjoyable to write. The interview was my favorite part, in my interviewer I saw a type of person that I aspire to being.

Common Application with unique supplemental application that is listed as optional but I'd say it was required, optional but recommended to Interview before you apply, two rounds of ED available, extensive financial aid

The professors at Pomona are extremely engaging, enthusiastic, and accessible. We have no TAs so you work directly with your professors. Classes at Pomona are typically small. Grading is competitive but mostly fair. The workload requires planning but is definitely manageable.

Pomona is a very expensive, small liberal arts college that provides a great quality of life on campus. Admissions is need blind and we have no loans so our financial aid process is great. We have a diverse community at Pomona and the other Claremont Colleges around us. The school is extremely safe, the library is pretty new and state of the art, and the dining is delicious.

There is a very competitive admissions process with about a 15% acceptance rate. Pomona uses the Common App and admits almost half of every class in the Early Decision I and II processes. Interviews are useful and recommended but not required.

Breadth of study requirements are not a burden, allow students to explore different fields and bring specialized knowledge to diverse studies. Research with faculty is available as a freshman and not overly competitive.

Almost everyone is consistently happy, even in the face of monstrous work. The neighborhood and campus are relatively safe. The food gets better and better. Love it.

Supplement to Common App, Interview, generally standard, but almost all forms were required on paper.

Go to www.pomona.edu to find answers to all of these questions. POMONA IS EXCEPTIONAL!

Nice residential college, in a beautiful and safe community. So happy that I decided to come here!

Common App with Pomona College Supplement

Interview strongly recommended for local students.

Early and Regular Decision Options

GREAT financial aid.

I have never had a problem being able to talk with my professors and get their opinion on my projects--the best part is that they actually know my name. The class size is always small so I never feel threatened to voice my opinion and constantly interact in the classroom setting which really helps me focus and learn. Grading is always fair and the homework is never redundant. I can honestly say that while I have only studied here for one year, I feel like I have learned 4-year's worth of knowledge in a broad range of topics, from chemistry to American law.

The library is large and accessible, the food is amazing, the community is only a one-minute walk off campus, the faculty is brilliant and always approachable, my room/housing is better than my housing at home. I honestly couldn't be happier here and I can't even believe that I considered going to another college!

Very rigorous and personal. Pomona College's admissions process challenges the applicant to really think about who they are as a person and what they will bring to Pomona College as a student.