A&M Rolls Up Sleeves and Gets the Job Done

Big company with small firm entrepreneurial culture.

Endless formal and informal opportunities for professional growth at a big firm with a small feel

Various cultural fit / professional experience questions Case Study buckets: Market sizing / entry questions Pricing / profitability optimization M&A/JV etc.

Diverse client experience in a small-feel culture, but in a company large enough to accomplish anything.

Intricate

Very glad I decided to join!

Leaders of the Industry

Genuinely practical and focused on getting a return for the client

Housing is great and campus is beautiful. I rarely really leave the campus because everything you want is here. The dinning halls are pretty good but can be improved. The neighborhood is very safe and I never ever have to worry about being mugged by a homeless person or my overall safety. I say that most everyone here is happy and that this is one of the best atmospheres I have experienced.

Challenging, rewarding, and high impact to our clients

Rewarding

Challenging, rewarding and fun

I had to do a case study where I spent 45 minutes looking at a company's financials and came up with an assessment to present to the interviewer.

Smart people, good projects, real outcomes, and few jerks

Great entry role with a solid brand name that will open doors for you in the future.

What are the three main valuation methodologies? Why A&M? Why valuation?

Competitive at the entry level but less at the Senior Director level

why A&M? Why interested in tax?

We utilize a case study for potential candidates to verify technical skills and ask candidates to address a series of specific questions.

Conversations and behavioral. There is no formal interview question list that the firm provides to interviewees. There may be more financial/modeling questions being asked nowadays.

Have to perform a case study with high level employee

exciting and satisfying

Business School 2.0: How to help businesses change

Behavior interviews Individual case interviews Group case interviews

A&M Public Sector Real Estate Growth poised to explode with acquisition of major DoD contracts

Short and Long-Term aspirations (ask) of the individuals being interviewed. Is the interviewee comfortable working closely with clients in collaborative problem solving. How comfortable is the interviewee in working with members at all levels (including corporate ownership) on a frequent basis? (A&M is very flat, open-door policy, and all levels of the firm share insight, services, and experience)

Junior Resources Quickly Take On High Levels of Responsibility at Fortune 500 Clients

3 hour team case is final round for campus hires. Must structure presentation to company management team.

Interview, lots of essays, I applied early decision II. There was a common application.

Expanded challenges and responsibilities.

Interesting projects with responsibility immediately with great compensation

Great exposure at a mid-size firm

Great learning and growth experience and ambitiously growing firm in both size and reputation.

We use a case interview selection process that puts people on case teams, competing against each other. It shows both the dynamics of abilities learned in the classroom as well as the ability to work in a team, much like we do in our projects and cases.

Flexibility and fiduciary incentive to evolve and flourish.

Independence

Unique application questions but mainly using the common app. Interview recommended. I did early decision.

All classes are divided into five areas (i.e. humanities, social sciences, math, science, etc) and each student must take one class in each area. Additionally, each student must complete three semesters of foreign language (or test out), and take a PE class. The breadth requirements are very light. Academic advisors are assigned randomly to all freshmen; once they have declared their major, they must select an advisor in their field. Advising is required to enroll in classes. Class sizes are small. My largest class at Pomona has been about 25 people, but generally they range from 10-20. Professors are ridiculously accessible - their doors are open, they know your name, they invite you over for dinner. Research opportunities are plentiful; the summer undergraduate research program pays students to do research with their professors. Students are not at all competitive amongst each other; group work is encouraged and very common. Grading is inflated. Workload is definitely what you make of it, but mine was huge.

Best Culture in Consulting

You get what you deserve

don't do it