“Good school”
March 2019FORMER STUDENT

The internationale environment for my 6 month internship as an undergrad. had the opportunity to meet new friends

I would not say that they were any downers, maybe the quality of the course

Comments

I think it is a good place for a foreign student for an exchange program but I don't know for the natives

“The strength of the pack is in the wolf; the strength of the wolf is in the pack”
April 2015CURRENT STUDENT

This school is very large and provides students with an insane amount of opportunities. These opportunities are of all varieties-social, academic, athletic, career-based, ect. You can meet so many people throughout your time at state because of how large the community is. I also love the environment of Raleigh where there are so many career opportunities and also lots to do.

Greek life support is very low and it is also a small portion of the student population. A larger community with more support would be nice. Also, the professors can be, at times, apathetic due to research or other interests of their own.

Comments

Visit the school during class times and see how campus feels. Walk in the brickyard and just people watch, go to Hunt Library, explore campus and try to picture yourself here..it won't be hard to do.

Online application system requiring details of high school academia and extracurricular activities along with community service, honors, awards, short answer questions and personal statement essay. May apply for university-based scholarships and financial aid, submit letters of recommendation and school transcripts before and after senior year in high school.

The coursework is difficult, but with hard work, all classes are doable. The professors are very open and willing to work with each and every student. They are all required to hold office hours, which are a time for students to come by and ask questions or just get to know the professor. There are ample amounts of research opportunities at NC State, being that we are a research school. You just have to seek out the opportunities.

The buildings are very accessable and Raleigh is a great town to live in!

Everyone must take general education classes. (Math, Science, English, humanities/social sciences). Everyone is also required to take two physical education classes. Besides that, it depends on your major. All required coursework for each major is listed on the University's website under "degree requirements".

Raleigh is a great place to live. It's a part of the triangle. It's the capital city in North Carolina. And it's filled with excitement and opportunity. Being on NC State's campus in Raleigh is even better. There are tons of resources available to students which are all included in tuition. The library is the best in the state. It's such a happy place. Visiting NC State's campus was what convinced me that it was the college for me.

Early Application deadline is Oct 15, next deadline is November 1, Final Deadline is February 1st. Must apply by Nov 1 to be considered for merit-based scholarships. Not bound to school by applying early. Must tell us your decision to attend or not by May 1st.

Essay is optional. Short answer questions included in application. No interviews.

Park Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship rewarded.

The classes freshman year start off rather large and get smaller as you get out of general education classes. However, for the large classes there are plenty of resources available to students, such as free private tutoring, professors' office hours, and supplemental instruction groups. As a engineering and Spanish major, there are plenty of study abroad opportunities, research programs, career fairs, etc. that are available to me for more academic options outside of the classroom.

The general requirements are kind of like a starting point. They allow to start off well before you get into your major. Degree requirements are understandable at least for my major. Professors have office hours and they become very useful before you know it. The are many campus resources available to ensure success. I don't like the class sizes but it is expected at such a large school. I love the faculty in the College of Education, because it is such a small college and they are so welcoming and "homey."

Because of financial housing isn't that bad. I live on central campus is which is close to everything. Library is a great place to study. I am not a fan of dining. The community is great. Everyone is very welcoming at State.

I think the application is similar to most other colleges. There were a few short answer questions, for some reason I feel like answering the short answer and being honest about how you feel gives you a better chance of admission. The financial aid is the best part, it is because of the financial aid and scholarship opportunities that I am here!

The core classes are usually large, especally in basic science classes. As at any university, there are wonderful professors and not so great professors. All the professors have high standards, however, and expect good work.

Living on campus was a great experience. I lived in one of the high rise dorms, so I lived in a suite. I met some of my best friends in my suite! It was definitely an adjustment, but I really enjoyed my time living in the dorm. The food at the dinig halls was good and close to where I lived. I also felt very safe in my dorm.

They have many scholarship opprotunities. They also have early admission. The applications featured essay questions.

The teachers are great. Some people think that because NC State is a research school that the professors will be concerned with research and not teaching, but that is an incorrect assumption. The classes are strenuous, but good grades are achieveable if you work hard. Since NC State is divided into colleges, you will apply to a certain college and your coursework will be decided based on your college. This means that you will declare your major pretty much upon applying to State. If you don't know what you want to do, you do have the option of applying to First Year College, so you will have more time to decide what you want to do.

I applied as early decison, so I found out I was accepted in mid-December. Most of the application was things about the activites you are involved in and how long you have been active in that activity. If you are a highly competitive student, who has a high GPA, involved in numerous extracurricular activities, etc., I would reccommend applying for the Park Scholarship.

essays, interviews, early decision/early action, financial aid