Core subjects required with General Education Plan and Global Knowledge requirements in addition to core major classes. Class sizes can be as few as 36 and as many as 200plus for GEP classes. Over 33,000 students in University. Professors seem to be accessible through email and office hours. A lot of opportunity to study abroad and gain experience in research etc through different Colleges within University

excellent

Apply online..series of questions about your experiences ..needed to write personal statement...able to apply for early decision.

general requirements and major degree requirements

large and small class sizes

I feel safe and have lots of fun.

Basic application

There are several GEP classes, which include all of the humanities and social sciences. Major degree requirements vary depending on your major and college that you are in. The class sizes depending on the type of class you are taking. The humanities classes tend to be much smaller than the science or math classes.

The library is very nice, along with the dining options. We can use our meal plan at more places other than the meal plan (like Chick-fil-A or taco bell on campus). The campus is very safe, but it is still close to a larger city. This means that there is always something to do off campus as well.

The most unique portion of the application was a required personal statement. I was able to apply early because I am considered an in state student.

Classes are tough but there are many resources that are there for you. Professors are great and are there to support you in any way. I will be in chicago for an internship this summer and I have had past professors help me to prepare for the trip.

Campus life is great because there is always something to do on campus. Events and free food is what I live for and they provide us with opportunites to eat everyweekend it feels like. Very safe campus our police force is great and they are easy to talk too. We have the best library I feel, we have video games and a cremary!

October 15th early action non-binding, you will recieve a decision on December 15th no essay just short answers. November 1st is the deadline that automatically puts you in for merit scholarships and you will know by Jan 30th. There is not letter of reccomendation but if you apply early and get deffered you may ssend in 3.

Great education for the price you pay!

Every aspect is exceptional!

NCSU has early decision which allows you to find out earlier where you will attending college or if not accepted, have time to research more options for your future. The financial aid and scholarship opportunities are endless, amazing support to help with finances.

Unique application questions, essays, no interviews, early decision.

Met the most diverse people in my dorm and most of them have become some of my best friends. I would recommend everyone live in a dorm, while there are the occasional horror stories it helps teach tolerance as well as expands your network of people you will know. The library is also top notch, 9 floors of books (plan to get lost frequently at first).

Early action is a really good thing to do, it isn't committal but it gets your name in early and shows motivation and eagerness. The essays were easy prompts but it was hard to put such a broad topic into such a small space so just say what you needed to with out the fluff.

The intro classes are generally 300-400 people. But once you get in the upper level classes, they get smaller. Major degree requirements are easily accessed through the NCSU website and advisors are willing to answer any questions you may have.

I would advise anyone to apply early. I did the early application process and was accepted by mid-December. I believe the personal statement portion of the application was optional, but I would recommend anyone applying to opt to write the essay, as it allows you to tell the university a little more about yourself.

Currently I'm a double major in Biology and Science Education so my degree track is a little different. Classes are really hard. Organic Chemistry, physics, calculus and those are just in the beginning. Most of our professors offer study hours, office hours, and the undergraduate tutorial center helps out a lot! Grading varies from professor to professor. Although my classes are hard I enjoy the challenge.

Wow! Living on campus... has it's pros and cons. First of all living on campus makes it easier to have access to classes and other campus activites. Living in the dorms was an interesting experience. I made some of my best friends while living in the dorms and we still talk to each other to this day.

My admission process was a little bit different. I actually decided on which school to go to because of the Air Force ROTC Program. The amissions process was fairly easy. It's been so long ago I can't remember if there were essays or not. The advisors were very helpful in filling out the forms.

There are many general requirements that cover a broad range of subjects. The core classes can have large class sizes but most major-specific classes are medium-sized. Advisors do their best to be available to students as quickly as possible and they are very kind. The professors here are the best. They really enjoy teaching their subject and they want students to enjoy the class too. They are readily available outside class time and are always willing to help students with any academic inquiries. We have a competitive research opportunities, particularly in the science departments. The students who actually want to focus on academics are competitive because they're all competing for internships and jobs. Grading is a toss-up. Some professors grade harder than others, but it's not impossible to get an A. We have a plethora of study abroad opportunities in many different and diverse countries and it is offered for a single semester, a whole year, or the summer. As a Social Science major, the workload only gets difficult around exam time when there are a lot of papers and essays that are all due at the same time.

Housing is relatively expensive compared to the rest of tuition and fees. Most of the dorms are old and a bit dirty, but the newly renovated dorms are nicer. We have a variety of dorm options: suite style, hall style, all-women, all-men, co-ed, honors village, scholars village, arts village, First Year College, international dorm, etc. The facilities are well-kept and classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art technology. We have an extensive library system, though the main library is phenomenal, with several floors of stacks, computers, study areas, a quiet area, social areas, classrooms, a coffee shop, and an ice-cream shop. We have three dining halls; one on east campus, one on west campus, and one on central campus that is mainly for athletes. But to face facts - it's all dining hall food. Some days it's good, others not so great. That's where the dining at the student center and the Atrium (attached to the library) come in. There's a Taco Bell, Chick-fil-a, Lil Dino's subs, and a pizza place. Also, there are several coffee shops scattered around campus (Port City Java) that have great coffee and excellent food - for a price. Campus is situated close to downtown Raleigh, which offers restaurants, night life, and other social activities such as ice-skating in the winter. The businesses right off of campus love students and offer many student discounts. The worst crime we generally have on campus is stolen bikes, which can be remedied by buying a bike lock. Overall, the students and staff are very friendly and welcoming.

There was a general application (not Common App) and a personal essay section. There were no interviews. I applied early action.