“Good school”
March 2019FORMER STUDENT

The internationale environment for my 6 month internship as an undergrad. had the opportunity to meet new friends

I would not say that they were any downers, maybe the quality of the course

Comments

I think it is a good place for a foreign student for an exchange program but I don't know for the natives

“The strength of the pack is in the wolf; the strength of the wolf is in the pack”
April 2015CURRENT STUDENT

This school is very large and provides students with an insane amount of opportunities. These opportunities are of all varieties-social, academic, athletic, career-based, ect. You can meet so many people throughout your time at state because of how large the community is. I also love the environment of Raleigh where there are so many career opportunities and also lots to do.

Greek life support is very low and it is also a small portion of the student population. A larger community with more support would be nice. Also, the professors can be, at times, apathetic due to research or other interests of their own.

Comments

Visit the school during class times and see how campus feels. Walk in the brickyard and just people watch, go to Hunt Library, explore campus and try to picture yourself here..it won't be hard to do.

Online application system requiring details of high school academia and extracurricular activities along with community service, honors, awards, short answer questions and personal statement essay. May apply for university-based scholarships and financial aid, submit letters of recommendation and school transcripts before and after senior year in high school.

The coursework is difficult, but with hard work, all classes are doable. The professors are very open and willing to work with each and every student. They are all required to hold office hours, which are a time for students to come by and ask questions or just get to know the professor. There are ample amounts of research opportunities at NC State, being that we are a research school. You just have to seek out the opportunities.

The buildings are very accessable and Raleigh is a great town to live in!

Everyone must take general education classes. (Math, Science, English, humanities/social sciences). Everyone is also required to take two physical education classes. Besides that, it depends on your major. All required coursework for each major is listed on the University's website under "degree requirements".

Raleigh is a great place to live. It's a part of the triangle. It's the capital city in North Carolina. And it's filled with excitement and opportunity. Being on NC State's campus in Raleigh is even better. There are tons of resources available to students which are all included in tuition. The library is the best in the state. It's such a happy place. Visiting NC State's campus was what convinced me that it was the college for me.

Early Application deadline is Oct 15, next deadline is November 1, Final Deadline is February 1st. Must apply by Nov 1 to be considered for merit-based scholarships. Not bound to school by applying early. Must tell us your decision to attend or not by May 1st.

Essay is optional. Short answer questions included in application. No interviews.

Park Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship rewarded.

Classes are tough but there are many resources that are there for you. Professors are great and are there to support you in any way. I will be in chicago for an internship this summer and I have had past professors help me to prepare for the trip.

Campus life is great because there is always something to do on campus. Events and free food is what I live for and they provide us with opportunites to eat everyweekend it feels like. Very safe campus our police force is great and they are easy to talk too. We have the best library I feel, we have video games and a cremary!

October 15th early action non-binding, you will recieve a decision on December 15th no essay just short answers. November 1st is the deadline that automatically puts you in for merit scholarships and you will know by Jan 30th. There is not letter of reccomendation but if you apply early and get deffered you may ssend in 3.

Core subjects required with General Education Plan and Global Knowledge requirements in addition to core major classes. Class sizes can be as few as 36 and as many as 200plus for GEP classes. Over 33,000 students in University. Professors seem to be accessible through email and office hours. A lot of opportunity to study abroad and gain experience in research etc through different Colleges within University

excellent

Apply online..series of questions about your experiences ..needed to write personal statement...able to apply for early decision.

general requirements and major degree requirements

large and small class sizes

I feel safe and have lots of fun.

Basic application

There are several GEP classes, which include all of the humanities and social sciences. Major degree requirements vary depending on your major and college that you are in. The class sizes depending on the type of class you are taking. The humanities classes tend to be much smaller than the science or math classes.

The library is very nice, along with the dining options. We can use our meal plan at more places other than the meal plan (like Chick-fil-A or taco bell on campus). The campus is very safe, but it is still close to a larger city. This means that there is always something to do off campus as well.

The most unique portion of the application was a required personal statement. I was able to apply early because I am considered an in state student.

Great education for the price you pay!

Every aspect is exceptional!

NCSU has early decision which allows you to find out earlier where you will attending college or if not accepted, have time to research more options for your future. The financial aid and scholarship opportunities are endless, amazing support to help with finances.