very small classes, easy to reach professors, easy to learn of opportunities, low class variation and availability

Very safe and comfy environment, decent amount of resources, housing is way too high and the food selection is poor

Used common app, wrote an essay, I think there was early decision (or similar). relatively easy process

The academics are slightly above average. The class sizes are generally below 40, and the professors are all readily available and willing to help. Workload is light, and study abroad opportunities are available.

Cost of living is high. The town is small and safe.

Common App

Some of the classes are too basic for college, even as introduction courses. Others are amazingingly complex, what college classes should be. Major degree requirements are based off of the students, they choose their own courses and degree. However, there are general course requirements for the various majors such as biology, etc. that need to be posted and explained better. Class sizes are small (primarily) which helps alot. You are able to become close to the teachers. There is no competition with graduate students, so job opportunities and grants are accessible.

The cost of housing is not worth the buildings. There are only two good dorms, Dort and Goldstein. Pei has been in decline, although they are finally beginning to fix it up. The new dorms were built quickly and not well, they are not worth the money.

All of the dorms provide alot of space, unlike other colleges that I have visited. However, every year it gets more expensive and more people try to live off campus, with the school not allowing all.

The food is not that great...

The campus itself is nice and beautiful. It is right along the bay and the Ringling museum is next door. Two of the old Ringling Mansions are part of the campus.

When I first applied, there was an interesting essay to complete. I then flew out for an interview, where they gave me a tour. The interview itself was amazing, we passed a ball and I was asked about my individuality and ability to work on my own. I did not choose early decision, although it was an option.

I was given a scholarship from the school for all 4 years, which was a great help.

There were a few essays and a writing sample.

No grades, evaluations instead.

I don't really remember, mostly common app I think.

This is a school better built for people who already have an idea of what field they want to go into as the requirements (especially for the sciences) might just push students into that field regardless of their interests. The teachers are all good and extremely helpful. Class sizes are usually small but may be close to around 60 for general classes such as introductory biology or calculus. Professors, though helpful, prefer the students to use the TA's first before asking them for help. Grading is fair and can be contested without fear of later reprocussions. Study Abroad is currently small at this school but is gaining popularity with force and speed. Our faculty comprises of some of the best in the fields. Competitiveness overall is small between students but students are very passionate towards self-improvement on all levels.

The meal plan and housing are expensive and dissapointing. The library, campus and community are all very enjoyable. I feel very safe on this small campus. The cops are always driving around at night and many know the students on a personal level. When I am on campus, I feel as if there is an unspoken agreement to help each other out. It is very tangible and evedent in how we treat each other. We are a community and will stand by and help each other, whether we know each other or not.

New College looks at SAT/ACT scores but seems to focus more on grades and essay questions. Admissions counsellors definitely to take into account a person's stated interest in the college. Interviews are given only for out of state or on-the-border-line applicants. Financial Aid is more competitive and is merit-based. Scholarship opportunities are plentiful with advisors and professors constantly on the lookout on behalf of their students.