“Great institution”
October 2017CURRENT STUDENT

Highly knowledgeable professors

Supportive staff and community

Great Dining hall Food

Social life can be quite elitist

Little name recognition outside of New England

Comments

Middlebury is overall a great institution with highly qualified professors and many extra-curricular opportunities outside of the classroom.

“Liberal Arts School in Rural Vermont”
November 2016CURRENT STUDENT

Small community ;Engagement with professors; Small classroom; very good program to learn a new language

Town is isolated, student community is not diverse at all

Comments

Middlebury has lots of resources that can help you learn better and also start a successful career. You will matter here.

“Great School”
December 2015CURRENT STUDENT

One of the country's best language programs and international programs. Also great alumni relationships.

The rural setting of the school can have its inconvenience sometimes

Comments

One of the country's best liberal arts colleges. Campus is breathtaking. Very nice atmosphere and great people.

“Great school, well liked in finance circles”
November 2015CURRENT STUDENT

Great place to develop analytical skills as well as communication skills. Well liked by bb banks, especially for a liberal arts school.

Great alumni network, everyone is very willing to help

Very very liberal ... Economics professors only teach the theory they agree with.

Comments

Great place to attend undergrad with lots of doors to great opportunities to follow.

There are general requirements. You need to take a class in a number of academic areas and then classes that focus on certain regions of the world. Professors are amazingly accessible, classes are small. There are a lot of support systems in place, particularly in advising. It is HARD, but most classes are really great. People are not competitive with one another, just with themselves which is a really lovely aspect. I think this is probably because teachers don't grade on a curve here, which means that you are not really in competition with other students. The workload is intense, though. Study abroad is a big deal, it seems that almost everyone does.

The facilities are really great here, there is an awesome sense of community. Almost everyone lives on campus and its a generally very 'happy' place. The library looks like a spaceship but is beautiful inside and the dining services, although they have been declining a bit over the past year, are generally way better than most schools. The food always tastes fresh. I love the town of Middlebury as well, its a great place.

As I remember the process, I applied early decision and there was a common app as well as a supplement. I believe the supplement had an essay and maybe a short answer section as well, although they may have gotten rid of the supplement. That years supplemental essay question was to talk about where you came from, your hometown etc. I also did an alumni interview in my hometown.