First day of freshmen chemistry, the proffessor says "Look at the student to your left, and now to your right. At the end of the term, they won't be here. That's my job." Classes were tough, but well worth it in the long run.

Low cost, and all within walking distance.

ACT test scoresrequired. We were told that the top 10% of each high school made up our class.

2004 or earlier

Rigorous. Well-Prepared for the working world.

Married housing was a plus. Low crime. Great community relations. Wish I could go back and experience it all over again.

ACT was a requirement along with admissions application. I don't recall any other documentation required.

sat & act

2004 or earlier

highly competitive science based curriculum, accessible professors/counselors,

good considering there are so few jobs available; crime and safety ----- low crime rate - excellent campus safety

2004 or earlier

it was 1961 to 1965. Times have changed.

2004 or earlier

Beautiful, cold, snowy, dark. A great place to live and get an education.

Long, and drawn out.

2004 or earlier

Challenging engineering curriculum, well balanced. Ability to specialize in a wide variety within the discipline. Excellent class size in mid and upper courses (small to medium). Standard class size in first year core courses. Professors extremely available. Open and willing to discuss, challenge an engage students. Lots of opportunities to engage in research at all levels. Challenging workload but great opportunities.

Excellent small town community. Extremely safe and crime free. Neighborhood businesses that have a real connection to the school and lifestyle of the area. Is a very wintery environment. But if you enjoy the snow is not a problem.

Standard process, basic essays required. Straight forward and reasonable. Finanical aid & Scholarship fair and above expected for out of state student.

2004 or earlier

A rare opportunity of having highly accessible professors and small class sizes. May be one of the only engineering University's where it is common to be able to have a drink with your professors.

Cost of liveing - fantastic likely to be beat only in the deep South. Housing - lived in a brand new apartment for two years and in a cabin on the lake for 1.5 years, spectacular if you look. Campus - has many ammenities at a reasonable price from downhill skiing to golf. Facilities were in good shape. Library stinks, did a lot of my research at Univ of MN on trips home or via internet. Dining limited. Neighborhood hard to beat as most everything revolves around college life in the woods. Crime and safety were more than excellent very safe place. Happiness I'd raate as an A+ with the only caveat being the number of female students...had to travel to Madison when serious about dating.

2004 or earlier

Safe, low crime environment. Very friendly small town atmosphere heavy with school influence

2004 or earlier

I was a forestry student. Class sizes were small to medium sized. Professors were very available. It was a very warm atmosphere.

There was always something to do, friends, dinners, movies. No crime that I know of.

That was 40 years ago. I remember receiving a full scholarship, but not the details.