I don't remember the specifics but the general requirements included math, science and english as well as some engineering classes. Core classes were extensive so that to complete my major degree I only had to take 3-4 additional classes. Academic advising was excellant. All of my professors were readily accessible and very helpful. There were ample research opportunities in my field of study, the faculaty were well known and respected in their field. The grading was tough 93 and up was an A, 86-92 was a B, etc. There were some study abroad opportunities in the 70's but not like there is today. The workload was manageable.

It was great-affordable, lots ot do, safe area overall happiness-very

I don't remember other than filling out an application

submitted application and HS transcript

Fundamental engineering

Looked at your High School curriculum and GPA.

2004 or earlier

Majority is Engineering and Technology school. Ranked 48th in US News & World report for Mechanical Engineering Graduate school. Major focus for lab and hands on as requirements for ciriculum.

Dorm life is very good. Extremely safe environment. cost of liver very low. Many activities for dorm halls

2004 or earlier

courses for chemical engineering are difficult but similar to courses at other universities based on friends of mine who have attended elsewhere, degree requirements are ABET accredited, adademic advising is more than adequate, class sizes were just about right; not too large, faculty have published and have continuing research, study abroad is an optionbut did not fit my situation

Great scenic part of the U.S. Excellent quality of life especially for those who enjoy the outdoors. Cost of living is very reasonable. Crime is almost non-existent. Very enjoyable campus and community.

fairly simple admissions using test scores and class standing

2004 or earlier

generally class sizes were small after freshman year.

housing was OK but no frills in 1964. library was excellent.

do not remember

Number One!

2004 or earlier

More technical classes required to graduate than at competing universities. Very well developed four year program (which at is growing increasingly difficult to complete in 8 semesters with out taking at least one summer class.) Once past your first year the class sizes shrink to a very personal level where each student knows their teacher and vise versa. By far the most open, caring, and helpful professors in the state of Michigan.

MTU provided housing is expensive, but the cost of living in Houghton is very low. There is practically no crime, and fantastic community services.

SAT or ACT scores were submitted, and an online application was filled out for a minimal charge.

2007

The general requirements are fairly large classes, but the largest lecture hall on campus holds 350 and I've never been in a class with it more than 3/4 full. On the other end, I've also been in general education required classes that have only twenty students in them. The school is very knowledgeable about what classes are necessary for everyone so only require what is needed for every student. In my major, the classes are very small, and many of my professors know my name. It's a good feeling.

The campus is fantastic. It is a very small campus with a very small community feeling. When you walk from one end of campus to another, there is always someone you recognize. The campus is very safe, and I never feel uncomfortable on or even off campus is our small town atmosphere.

I go to a small school, so they are encouraging higher admission. The application process was very simple. There was an online application that I filled out, along with submitting my high school transcripts and ACT information.

Class sizes were very good. Professors were accessible. I think it is a great value.

Cost of living is reasonable. Housing on-campus is good. It is cheaper to live off-campus. Crime and safety are excellent.

I don't really recall. It was a long time ago.