First day of freshmen chemistry, the proffessor says "Look at the student to your left, and now to your right. At the end of the term, they won't be here. That's my job." Classes were tough, but well worth it in the long run.

Low cost, and all within walking distance.

ACT test scoresrequired. We were told that the top 10% of each high school made up our class.

2004 or earlier

it was 1961 to 1965. Times have changed.

2004 or earlier

Rigorous. Well-Prepared for the working world.

Married housing was a plus. Low crime. Great community relations. Wish I could go back and experience it all over again.

ACT was a requirement along with admissions application. I don't recall any other documentation required.

2004 or earlier

highly competitive science based curriculum, accessible professors/counselors,

good considering there are so few jobs available; crime and safety ----- low crime rate - excellent campus safety

sat & act

2004 or earlier

A rare opportunity of having highly accessible professors and small class sizes. May be one of the only engineering University's where it is common to be able to have a drink with your professors.

Cost of liveing - fantastic likely to be beat only in the deep South. Housing - lived in a brand new apartment for two years and in a cabin on the lake for 1.5 years, spectacular if you look. Campus - has many ammenities at a reasonable price from downhill skiing to golf. Facilities were in good shape. Library stinks, did a lot of my research at Univ of MN on trips home or via internet. Dining limited. Neighborhood hard to beat as most everything revolves around college life in the woods. Crime and safety were more than excellent very safe place. Happiness I'd raate as an A+ with the only caveat being the number of female students...had to travel to Madison when serious about dating.

2004 or earlier

Beautiful, cold, snowy, dark. A great place to live and get an education.

Long, and drawn out.

2004 or earlier

courses for chemical engineering are difficult but similar to courses at other universities based on friends of mine who have attended elsewhere, degree requirements are ABET accredited, adademic advising is more than adequate, class sizes were just about right; not too large, faculty have published and have continuing research, study abroad is an optionbut did not fit my situation

Great scenic part of the U.S. Excellent quality of life especially for those who enjoy the outdoors. Cost of living is very reasonable. Crime is almost non-existent. Very enjoyable campus and community.

fairly simple admissions using test scores and class standing

2004 or earlier

The general requirements are fairly large classes, but the largest lecture hall on campus holds 350 and I've never been in a class with it more than 3/4 full. On the other end, I've also been in general education required classes that have only twenty students in them. The school is very knowledgeable about what classes are necessary for everyone so only require what is needed for every student. In my major, the classes are very small, and many of my professors know my name. It's a good feeling.

The campus is fantastic. It is a very small campus with a very small community feeling. When you walk from one end of campus to another, there is always someone you recognize. The campus is very safe, and I never feel uncomfortable on or even off campus is our small town atmosphere.

I go to a small school, so they are encouraging higher admission. The application process was very simple. There was an online application that I filled out, along with submitting my high school transcripts and ACT information.

Safe, low crime environment. Very friendly small town atmosphere heavy with school influence