Rigorous. Well-Prepared for the working world.

Married housing was a plus. Low crime. Great community relations. Wish I could go back and experience it all over again.

ACT was a requirement along with admissions application. I don't recall any other documentation required.

2004 or earlier

it was 1961 to 1965. Times have changed.

2004 or earlier

highly competitive science based curriculum, accessible professors/counselors,

good considering there are so few jobs available; crime and safety ----- low crime rate - excellent campus safety

2004 or earlier

First day of freshmen chemistry, the proffessor says "Look at the student to your left, and now to your right. At the end of the term, they won't be here. That's my job." Classes were tough, but well worth it in the long run.

Low cost, and all within walking distance.

ACT test scoresrequired. We were told that the top 10% of each high school made up our class.

sat & act

2004 or earlier

Core classes, major degree requirements, academic advising, class sizes, accessibility of professors, competitiveness, grading are some of the best. Workload is pretty intense. General requirements (Writing, Language Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences were a bit weak in the 1980's.

Housing is inexpensive. Food is a bit more expensive than some other places. Campus, library, dining, neighborhoods, community relations, safety and overall happiness are fantastic. Crime is very low.

I was a transfer student and it was a long time ago -- I graduated in 1984. There used to be scholarship opportunities for valedictorians and salutatorians as well as discounts for children of Alumni.

2004 or earlier

Small classes, competitive students, world class labs, excellent access, terrific instructors

It was low cost of living, small town, friendly, lots of bars, good sports and activities

Good ACT or SAT scores required

2004 or earlier

courses for chemical engineering are difficult but similar to courses at other universities based on friends of mine who have attended elsewhere, degree requirements are ABET accredited, adademic advising is more than adequate, class sizes were just about right; not too large, faculty have published and have continuing research, study abroad is an optionbut did not fit my situation

Great scenic part of the U.S. Excellent quality of life especially for those who enjoy the outdoors. Cost of living is very reasonable. Crime is almost non-existent. Very enjoyable campus and community.

fairly simple admissions using test scores and class standing

2004 or earlier

generally class sizes were small after freshman year.

housing was OK but no frills in 1964. library was excellent.

do not remember

2004 or earlier

Majority is Engineering and Technology school. Ranked 48th in US News & World report for Mechanical Engineering Graduate school. Major focus for lab and hands on as requirements for ciriculum.

Dorm life is very good. Extremely safe environment. cost of liver very low. Many activities for dorm halls