class sizes are small. im pre-med so the workload is heavy, but that cannont represent the rest of the school.

On campus living is great. lots of options for going off campus. campus is beautiful. very new. all buildings are fairly recent. library is open over 100 hours a week and more during exam periods.

ea and ed available. common app is accepted. many scholarship opportunities available. no interviews allowed

Each major has its own core class requirements and then also classes that count toward your major. One of the professors in your school of study is your advisor for all four years. Class sizes are usually around 20 people. The students here are not as much competitive with each other as they are with themselves. You can study abroad just about anywhere.

Our housing options are pretty good, the rooms are not too small, but not huge either. I love it here, it is a beautiful campus that has views of the Hudson River from almost anywhere on campus, especially from the Library. There is not a huge variety of dining options, but it is sufficient enough.

You fill out a common application to apply to Marist.

You have to complete core classes such as philosophy/religious studies, literature, history, science, math and fine arts. I think it's a great program because you get a taste of a lot of different subjects. I was a decided major when I came to school but being required to take, for example, a philosophy course, really opened me up to new options. Advisors are great--if you get a good one. If you don't like you're advisor though, Marist is completely willing to change it for you. I haven't had a teacher here that I don't like yet--the faculty is friendly, approachable, and creative in their assignments.

The housing is REALLY nice. It's always kept clean and the rooms are decently sized. The bathrooms could be cleaner, but it's a public restroom so I don't really expect anything that great. The library is FANTASTIC; it has a really great atmosphere for studying. I always feel safe on campus; I could be walking around campus by myself at 4am and still feel perfectly safe. Overall, I couldn't be happier with Marist; it was the best decision of my life.

Common application with a short supplement. There is early decision and early action available. Financial aid is generous and there are many scholarship opportunities.

There are core classes required for each major, such as philosophy, mathematics, science, history, and english (2 classes each) in addition to core classes related to your major.

Clean housing, friendly and outgoing students. Safe, well-lit campus. Food is pretty good. Excellent library and resources.

There is an application; Marist accepts either the Common App or their own application. There is also a specific question as to why you are interested in Marist. There is a early decision and early action choice in addition to regular decision. Early decision and early action both have earlier dates for whtn the application is due. Once accepted, in the acceptance letter Marist notifies you of any scholarships you have received.

most classes require a few papers, mid-term, final, and a presentation of some kind.

everything is fantastic. i love living on campus. the only thing i have a problem with is the meal plan. the food quality is horrible.

there are no interviews. the essay is very important. yes they are on the common application and have many scholarship opportunities.

Large core liberal arts curriculum, close interaction between students and advisors, numerous opportunities for undergraduate research, small classes, all students complete challenges couse work in their major

Library is outstanding, overall happiness is ecstatic! Relationship with the chemistry department is superb.

The application that I used was an early action process, which required a personal statement and letters of recommendation from high school teachers. There is an ample amount of scholarship aid available.

All of the classes here have no more than thirty students per class, allowing for more time to get to know the professors. Depending on your major, the work load and requirements will vary. The more rigorous majors will have more time spent studying instead of socializing, but the ends justify the means. Research and study abroad are opportunities students take on a regular basis. The staff at Marist wants all of the students to have the best experience at college as they can. The opportunities are numerous. If there is a program or research opportunity that is not available, the school will work with the student to establish this new program.

Grading depends on the professor, but all professors clearly explain how the process works at the start of the semester.

Marist has a similar process to most colleges throughout the country. The application asks the generic questions and provides a similar essay to most schools. However, in order to overcome this process it is best to have a well-rounded resume to stand out from the crowd. Marist looks for the aspects of prospective students that will help the diversity of the school.

Scholarship opportunities are abundant. As long as a student maintains the required GPA, a scholarship will usually be rewarded. Marist also provides smaller scholarships that students can apply for at the end of any given school year. Financial aid is also available and is very useful for students trying to pay their way through college.

There are core classes that must be taken, as well as classes toward your specific major.

Marist offers amazing housing options. I live in an bedroom townhouse. The facilities are well kept and beautiful.

we all take core classes: 2 math, 2 science, 2 literature, 2 history, 1 philosophy, 1 ethics, and 1 religion. 2 of these (but not in the same area) may be replaced by intermediate or higher lever language courses ... class sizes are great. My smallest has been 7, my largest about 25, maybe 30 ... professors know you and are engaged. they're accessible and willing to discuss your grades, help you with a project, and listen to any issues you may have. they're really people with real experiences and most of them are genuinely interested in seeing you succeed ... Marist is an academic school so sometimes it requires quite a bit of work to maintain a high GPA, but grading is always fair and comes from a variety of assessments. If you do your work and do it well, it will pay off. Workload isn't ridiculous though, everyone still has time for clubs, activities, sports AND a social life ... there are wonderful study abroad opportunities. about 20% of all Marist students study abroad. I'm actually filling out this survey from the UK. It's been a thrilling and life-changing experience.

Marist is a family. It's also beautiful. It is honestly one of the best places you can live for four years. The campus is open, safe, friendly, full of familiar faces, outgoing, pleasant, and generally happy. The housing may have a few maintenance issues at the start of each year, but they will eventually get around to fixing it for you, and it's never anything major. After freshman year you get to pick your housemates and your location based on priority points which you earn through on-campus activity, grades, and not breaking the rules. It's the fairest system I could think of. Poughkeepsie may not be the safest or the most exciting neighborhood, but the Marist pocket is safe at all times and I've never felt threatened. Also, no matter what you're looking to do, you can find it, you don't need a big city. There's clubs, bars, a mall, plenty of restaurants, a bowling alley, a place to go rock climbing, another to go swing dancing, 2 movie theaters and a drive-in, multiple parks, a few historic sites, and of course, we're right on the Hudson (which is not only gorgeous and peaceful, but also provides multiple types of entertainment)

common application, extra essay questions, has early decision option, but i used regular decision

In addition to a major track, Marist offers a core curriculum to round out the student's required courses. There are a variety of degree programs to choose from and academic advisors help you select the best courses that complement each other, making the semesters flow as easily as possible. My class size has varied from 8 to 25 and all professors are eager to encourage participation and are there to make sure the student understands the material. They don't hand out A's if you simply show up, there's so much more involved in classes at Marist. Workload can get overwhelming at times but the professors do understand that there is a life outside of the academics so they try to give projects weeks in advance to ensure that there is no reason to wait until the last minutes.

I was an RA this past year and got to work closely with the Housing office. Housing is amazing at Marist from spacious dorm rooms to beautiful townhouses for 8 across the street. All academic buildings are fantastic including the construction of The Hancock Center for Computer Science and Mathematics. Security really tries to ensure that all members of the Marist Community feel safe on and around campus.

There are a variety of different decision times to attend Marist. I applied Early Action and received admission. Based on high school GPA and SAT/ACT scores, students can receive academic scholarship money to help them out. There were a few supplemental questions in addition to the Common Application.