“Fun place, good name, ranking is dipping though”
October 2015FORMER STUDENT

Party atmosphere, friends, beauty of campus, sports, social things and other things.

The elitist culture that an 18 year old isn't exactly aware of when entering school but is made very aware of by the end.

Comments

I think Lehigh will have a great name for years to come, despite the ranking dropping.

Small class sizes with professors who are always available to meet with students. Many undergraduate research opportunities.

Wonderful.

Can apply using the common application plus one additional essay.

I still use what I learned in the real world. I felt ready to be in the workforce and my professors did an exceptional job at providing realistic experiences.

Housing has gotten better. Library was great.

I used the common application and early decision. Admissions was super helpful throughout the process.

2004 or earlier

flexible multi/cross/inter-disciplinary opportunities with the curriculum;

all professors had office hours and were very accessible and accommodating;

undergraduate research opportunities (even as a 1st year student!);

academically challenging, but not cut-throat - it's a very supportive environment

Very residential community with over 70% of students living on campus all 4 years. Off-campus housing is available within a 4-block radius of main campus.

2004 or earlier

Core curriculum that varies by college and includes a selection of social sciences, humanities, natural sciences and economics courses. Each major varies with requirements, classes are between 20-25 students. Advising is great, very personal and students build positive mentoring relationships with professors that often last a lifetime. Faculty are a great mix of research oriented and student focused, they love teaching but are very notable in their fields. Students in all colleges can study abroad, even in engineering. The workload was just right, never too much that it squelched social life but rigorous enough to prepare us for the workforce. Career networking is also a strong suit at Lehigh, as well as the presence of its alumni and their interactions with the student body.

Housing cost is minimal, very reasonable. The campus is gorgeous, well maintained, and ever-evolving for the better. Crime off campus has been an issue, but is getting MUCH better due to a campus police/ municipal police shared services initiative. We are greatly involved in the South Bethlehem community, in community service, research, government, and life. I LOVE LEHIGH.

Common application with a supplement containing unique application questions specific to Lehigh University and our campus environment. The supplement included essay questions and short answers.

2008

General requirments, notable faculty, internship opportunities

very safe

I wish I had applied early decision, since it seems most of the class is chosen in the frist round