Small class sizes (with the exception of the introductory science courses), excellent professors that are very accessible and always willing to help students, and a variety of research opportunities available.

Common Application and supplemental

2007

The FISHN requirements (Fine Arts, International, Social Science, Humanities and Natural Science) requirements are worth it. Class size is small enough to be recognized as an individual but large enough that we can share ideas and have good discussion. The workload is tough, but necessary. What you put in is what you get out.

The housing and cost of living is decent. When you're a student, it doesn't seem enough but now that I've been out, I loved it! The facilities are fantastic and the campus is beautiful. The neighborhood is safe; however community relations could be improved. I'm confident that the Community service Office is producing positive relationships, though.

To be honest, I don't remember it very well since it was about 7 years ago, but I will say that they have excellent merit-based scholarships which require a unique application and essay. They're known as the Nomination Scholarships and they're definitely worth it.

2009

Liberal arts education, small class size, profs always available, lots of extra curricular, able to study abroad

Common app

2007

General requirements, core classes, major degree requirements are the same as any other four year college.

Accessibility of professors and advisers is exceptionally easy. They will bend over backwards to help with any problem you may have. For example, I broke my leg my last semester and was allowed to work, take quizzes, etc. from home over the computer. I could email any questions I had or even call the professor at home if needed.

Almost all classes are small in size. I think the largest class I had was one core class with 25-30 students. Most classes are12-20 students but I have had classes with less than 10 students.

There is a study abroad program.

Grading is somewhat tougher than state colleges, especially new professors. However, the professors prepared me well for the Masters degree program I am now taking. I still am friendly with those in the history dept. and can still ask questions I have about my Masters classes.

Juniata is just like one big happy family and I recommend it highly! I just wish it had a graduate program.

Sorry, I lived off campus, but the other students were happy with campus life. Made me wish I could have lived on campus.

I attended an open house and the application I filled out was free. Then then did an interview and had me send in an essay on one of four questions. I was then advised by mail I had been accepted. Not hard at all!

2008

We have core courses in a variety of areas, the degree requirements are very clear, and the research opportunities are top notch. I personally was able to conduct research for the 4 years that I was at Juniata College, and was able to have a collective paper published. All courses that I had were very fairly graded. In my major, Biology, the workload was heavy but with relevant material that has since helped me immensely in my internships and graduate school pursuits. Class sizes ranged from about 100 students in intro level courses to between 4-30 students in upper level courses. The faculty across disciplines are very knowledgeable, helpful, and overall exceptional academics. Juniata has an unparalleled sense of community. The study abroad opportunities were vast, one of my reasons for choosing Juniata. Specifically, I was able to study abroad twice in India and Ecuador.

There is an excellent sense of community at Juniata. As a woman I always felt very safe. The campus is well maintained, and the grounds staff is pleasant. The cost of living in Huntingdon is low to average, yet Juniata has an abundance of on/off campus owned residencies. The town of Huntingdon is quite small, which I believe creates a more collective campus community. The library is a great place for studying and resources, and even has a resource librarian to assist with obtaining library materials.

Unique applicaiton, varied essay questions, great scholarship opportunities, interview process for both the school and scholarships.

Most courses can count both towards the school's graduation requirements and for the major degree requirements as well.

I felt that overall living on campus for all four years was a great decision.

I applied with SAT optional. I did not send my school SAT scores. I only sent them an essay and poem I wrote in high school.

General requirements are based on a liberal arts education, but the classes are extremely helpfully for students who may not be sure what they want to do for a major. At the beginning of the year the students are assigned an academic advisor based on their intended major or area of interest, then during the second semester they may choose another professor as their secondary advisor, usually for their minor choice. Grading is based on a ten-point scale, and can be based both on assignments as well as class participation during lectures. Study abroad opportunities are available in both English speaking and the country's native language.

Everything was pretty much awesome. The grounds are beautiful, the people are really friendly, and everything is easily accessible. Sure there wasn't a mall near by, but I'm in a rural area after all.

The school offered either submission of the common application, or a school-based application both online for free, or a paper application for a small fee. The school is also test optional and does not require SAT or ACT submissions, but does recommend an interview and an essay submission. The school offers both early decision and early action, one of which is binding. Also, the application IS a scholarship form in it's own sense.

FISHN- Fine Arts, International Studies, Sciences, Human Studies, Natural Studies.. I think. They were are core requirements.

Housing is comfortable. Campus is beautiful. The town of Huntingdon is small and safe. The cost of living is extremely affordable.

Offers early action which I took full advantage of. Juniata was the only school I applied to.

Juniata required you to take 6 credits from the 'FISHN' subjects (fine arts, international, social science, humanaties, natural science). It forced you outside of your major and to explore other classes. The class sizes and quantity of intereaction with profressors was part of what led me to Juniata. The majority of them will do all they can to help you succeed. Even if it means having a study/review class the Sunday before an exam or encouraging you to call them at home if you have questions.

Juniata has an excellent student life. There were always activities that you could get involved with either on campus or in connection with the community. I had a relatively safe feeling at Juniata. The majority of the campus is well lit at night (some areas are rather dark though).

I applied for early decision so that I new early in the year that I was accepted. Even though Juniata College is an expensive school in comparison to state schools, there are a lot of academic scholarships available.

2009

Juniata is a very competitve school and it is a very disipline school. The general requirements as well as degree requirements are tough but managable. The class sizes are perfect size with a maximum of about 40 people. Professors are very accessible and provide you with office hours, and are willing to meet with you at any point in time. There are multiple research as well as internship opportunities available here at Juniata. I will be taking advantage of these opportunites within the next year. Everyone at Juniata is wonderful and some of the best people I have met in my life. They are very knowledgeable of their area of study and show an interest in teaching. Study abroad is an option for any student at Juniata. There are affliates in multiple countries all around the world. The workload is heavy but that is what college is all about, preparing for the future. Juniata develops people into analytical thinkers and does not lighten the workload because they are graduating successful and hardworking people.

Housing at Juniata is very diverse and students are open to many options of living. There are 7 on-campus dorm buildings and off campus housing is an option for upper-classmen. The dorms are large enough and heated. They are a comfortable living size, and you are pretty much aloud to bring anything except open flame items, hot plates, and pets (other than fish). The facilities are top notch and up-to-date. The science center is equipped with the latest items, and the library always keeps up on the latest research data bases. The dining facilities provide many different options of food choices, and the quality is better than most schools. We have organic food options as well. Overall Juniata College and the town, Huntingdon, is a very safe place to live. I feel extremely comfortable living on campus and I do not worry that something is going to happen. I am very happy here and feel as though Juniata is my second home.

Applied with the common application with an enterance essay. Applied early decision/early action and I received all of my financial aid from Juniata College. I recieved one or two scholarships from Juniata.