Liberal arts education, small class size, profs always available, lots of extra curricular, able to study abroad

Common app

2007

The FISHN requirements (Fine Arts, International, Social Science, Humanities and Natural Science) requirements are worth it. Class size is small enough to be recognized as an individual but large enough that we can share ideas and have good discussion. The workload is tough, but necessary. What you put in is what you get out.

The housing and cost of living is decent. When you're a student, it doesn't seem enough but now that I've been out, I loved it! The facilities are fantastic and the campus is beautiful. The neighborhood is safe; however community relations could be improved. I'm confident that the Community service Office is producing positive relationships, though.

To be honest, I don't remember it very well since it was about 7 years ago, but I will say that they have excellent merit-based scholarships which require a unique application and essay. They're known as the Nomination Scholarships and they're definitely worth it.

2009

Small class sizes (with the exception of the introductory science courses), excellent professors that are very accessible and always willing to help students, and a variety of research opportunities available.

Common Application and supplemental

2007

Core classes covered what was needed for professional school, EXCEPT general chemistry. Advisers are amazing. A lot of one on one time. Class sizes were small, and professors are always around to answer questions. Open door policy for almost every professor. Research opportunities for undergrads are actually recommended and are very well organized.

Housing is average. Cost of living on campus is a little high, but fits the norm of other colleges. Campus facilities are good. Wish the gym was a little bigger. Library nice. Dining good, and dining staff are amazing! Community works well with students if students aren't disrespecting the community! Crime was very low and I never felt unsafe. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else but Juniata.

Don't really remember!

2008

There are a lot of liberal arts requirements, we call them FISHN credits which stands fro fine arts, international, social science,humanities, and natural science, so every student, regardless of POE takes classes in all subject areas. There are also a list of core classes that you mist complete in your POE. The workload can be demanding at times but it is well worth it in the end. There are a lot of different POEs and you even have the option to write your own! The professors here are fantastic and they go out of their way to help you succeed. There are also a lot of employment opportunities on campus. There are a lot of research opportunities on campus that pair you with a professor to complete a research project and there are so many study abroad opportunities you won't know where you want to go!

Juniata is in a very safe town and there is very little crime on campus, I have never had a problem with it. The campus is beautiful and the academic buildings are great. The dorms are relatively nice and they are clean when you move in.

You apply by filling out the common application and you have the general essay that all colleges ask you to submit as well. I applied early decision so I knew within a month of applying that I had been accepted.

Most courses can count both towards the school's graduation requirements and for the major degree requirements as well.

I felt that overall living on campus for all four years was a great decision.

I applied with SAT optional. I did not send my school SAT scores. I only sent them an essay and poem I wrote in high school.

Required to take multiple classes in fine arts, international, social sciences, humanities, natural science, writing, cultural seminar, and interdisciplinary colloquium, in addition to your degree credits. Academic advising was personal, frequent, and highly valued. Class sizes were medium to small. Professors were extremely accessible. Plenty of research opportunities. Medium competitiveness. Grading was generally medium to hard. Amazing and inspirational faculty (many/most of whom you got to know personally). Huge study abroad opportunities. Workload was difficult, but depends on major.

Housing is good, especially as a senior. There could be better off-campus opportunities for underclassman and juniors. Campus is small and friendly, easily accessible, and feels like home. You feel part of a community rather than just a number in a huge city (I've experienced both, I went to a large school after Juniata). Neighborhood is quiet and very safe. There is little to no crime. Overall, life at Juniata is outstanding.

2008

General requirements are based on a liberal arts education, but the classes are extremely helpfully for students who may not be sure what they want to do for a major. At the beginning of the year the students are assigned an academic advisor based on their intended major or area of interest, then during the second semester they may choose another professor as their secondary advisor, usually for their minor choice. Grading is based on a ten-point scale, and can be based both on assignments as well as class participation during lectures. Study abroad opportunities are available in both English speaking and the country's native language.

Everything was pretty much awesome. The grounds are beautiful, the people are really friendly, and everything is easily accessible. Sure there wasn't a mall near by, but I'm in a rural area after all.

The school offered either submission of the common application, or a school-based application both online for free, or a paper application for a small fee. The school is also test optional and does not require SAT or ACT submissions, but does recommend an interview and an essay submission. The school offers both early decision and early action, one of which is binding. Also, the application IS a scholarship form in it's own sense.

FISHN- Fine Arts, International Studies, Sciences, Human Studies, Natural Studies.. I think. They were are core requirements.

Housing is comfortable. Campus is beautiful. The town of Huntingdon is small and safe. The cost of living is extremely affordable.

Offers early action which I took full advantage of. Juniata was the only school I applied to.

I did early decision. It was a smooth process, and I had no trouble. The admissions staff was always willing to help with questions along the way. They were wonderful.