The FISHN requirements (Fine Arts, International, Social Science, Humanities and Natural Science) requirements are worth it. Class size is small enough to be recognized as an individual but large enough that we can share ideas and have good discussion. The workload is tough, but necessary. What you put in is what you get out.

The housing and cost of living is decent. When you're a student, it doesn't seem enough but now that I've been out, I loved it! The facilities are fantastic and the campus is beautiful. The neighborhood is safe; however community relations could be improved. I'm confident that the Community service Office is producing positive relationships, though.

To be honest, I don't remember it very well since it was about 7 years ago, but I will say that they have excellent merit-based scholarships which require a unique application and essay. They're known as the Nomination Scholarships and they're definitely worth it.

2009

Liberal arts education, small class size, profs always available, lots of extra curricular, able to study abroad

Common app

2007

Small class sizes (with the exception of the introductory science courses), excellent professors that are very accessible and always willing to help students, and a variety of research opportunities available.

Common Application and supplemental

2007

Juniata has a lot of general requirements and required courses, which sometimes can be confusing as to whether you've met the requirements, but as long as you stay on top of them and are thinking about them as you're scheduling classes you'll be fine. The POE (Program of Emphasis) program is great in that you can choose to follow a pre-determined track or you can essentially create your own major (POE). Class sizes are small.

The dorms aren't too bad. Some are better than others, but compared to some other schools, the rooms are nicer and bigger. The cost of living is next to nothing if you have a meal plan and live on campus, but room and board is outrageous compared to living off campus and the food is sub-par. There's virtually no crime on campus. The Huntingdon community overall views Juniata students as "the trust fund kids on the hill."

Common Application with a required essay or two. Can apply early decision or regular decision. Can schedule an interview, but not required.

Most courses can count both towards the school's graduation requirements and for the major degree requirements as well.

I felt that overall living on campus for all four years was a great decision.

I applied with SAT optional. I did not send my school SAT scores. I only sent them an essay and poem I wrote in high school.

FISHN- Fine Arts, International Studies, Sciences, Human Studies, Natural Studies.. I think. They were are core requirements.

Housing is comfortable. Campus is beautiful. The town of Huntingdon is small and safe. The cost of living is extremely affordable.

Offers early action which I took full advantage of. Juniata was the only school I applied to.

There are a lot of liberal arts requirements, we call them FISHN credits which stands fro fine arts, international, social science,humanities, and natural science, so every student, regardless of POE takes classes in all subject areas. There are also a list of core classes that you mist complete in your POE. The workload can be demanding at times but it is well worth it in the end. There are a lot of different POEs and you even have the option to write your own! The professors here are fantastic and they go out of their way to help you succeed. There are also a lot of employment opportunities on campus. There are a lot of research opportunities on campus that pair you with a professor to complete a research project and there are so many study abroad opportunities you won't know where you want to go!

Juniata is in a very safe town and there is very little crime on campus, I have never had a problem with it. The campus is beautiful and the academic buildings are great. The dorms are relatively nice and they are clean when you move in.

You apply by filling out the common application and you have the general essay that all colleges ask you to submit as well. I applied early decision so I knew within a month of applying that I had been accepted.

Amazing study abroad opportunities

The general requirements are called FISHN and are very easy to accomplish rather earlier in your college years

My major requirements were easily accessible to me as well the freedom of the POE system which allowed me to take many different classes to make my major truly mine.

Class size is around 20 as an average, some are smaller, some are larger (usually around 75 I would estimate but I never had a class larger than 30.)

Professors are VERY available at all times. Great advantage for students

The academic advising system of having two advisers is a great idea. It really does help and keeps you grounded as well as well-rounded.

I loved every about Juniata. I always felt safe no matter where I was at any time, alone or with people.

The campus is smaller and easily accessible which is also nice in the winter months of Pennsylvania when you don't want to be out in the cold for very long.

The dorms are nice as well. No major complaints, my biggest issue was adjusting to sharing a bathroom when I never had before. But that's a challenge for nearly everyone.

I loved the community relations. We really are involved with the town & I enjoyed that.

We participate in the Common Application now but we did not when I applied to Juniata. I applied on paper with a fee waiver from attending an open house, wrote an admissions essay & had an interview at the college after a personal tour.

Being a liberal arts school, you must take several core classes in several fields. The options are generally pretty open so you can find something you're actually interested in. The faculty are genuinely passionate about the subject they're teaching. They work hard to make sure you succeed. The workload can be overwhelming at times but there are plenty of campus options like study groups, the writing lab, etc to help you keep it under control. There is a large about of reading for most classes which forces you acquire better time management skills.

Like in any school, there are better, newer buildings than some. The college tries to keep buildings and housing up to the best of their ability. The staff at JC is amazing and extremely friendly, it is not uncommon to become friends with your dorm's custodian. Huntingdon leaves something to be desired but the college is trying it's best to help to revitalize the town especially through their entrepreneurship and business programs. The town is extremely safe, I never once felt unsure walking down the street at night. There is not a lot to do in the actual town but people end up taking weekend trips to State College or Altoona or just simply going to Raystown Lake with your friends. It makes your appreciate the little things.

Scholarship opportunities are vast & extremely worth the time. Since it's going on 6 years since applying, I do not recollect anything especially unique about the application process, however I found a campus visit and interview extremely useful.

2009

General requirements, core classes, major degree requirements are the same as any other four year college.

Accessibility of professors and advisers is exceptionally easy. They will bend over backwards to help with any problem you may have. For example, I broke my leg my last semester and was allowed to work, take quizzes, etc. from home over the computer. I could email any questions I had or even call the professor at home if needed.

Almost all classes are small in size. I think the largest class I had was one core class with 25-30 students. Most classes are12-20 students but I have had classes with less than 10 students.

There is a study abroad program.

Grading is somewhat tougher than state colleges, especially new professors. However, the professors prepared me well for the Masters degree program I am now taking. I still am friendly with those in the history dept. and can still ask questions I have about my Masters classes.

Juniata is just like one big happy family and I recommend it highly! I just wish it had a graduate program.

Sorry, I lived off campus, but the other students were happy with campus life. Made me wish I could have lived on campus.

I attended an open house and the application I filled out was free. Then then did an interview and had me send in an essay on one of four questions. I was then advised by mail I had been accepted. Not hard at all!

2008