Small class sizes (with the exception of the introductory science courses), excellent professors that are very accessible and always willing to help students, and a variety of research opportunities available.

Common Application and supplemental

2007

Liberal arts education, small class size, profs always available, lots of extra curricular, able to study abroad

Common app

2007

The FISHN requirements (Fine Arts, International, Social Science, Humanities and Natural Science) requirements are worth it. Class size is small enough to be recognized as an individual but large enough that we can share ideas and have good discussion. The workload is tough, but necessary. What you put in is what you get out.

The housing and cost of living is decent. When you're a student, it doesn't seem enough but now that I've been out, I loved it! The facilities are fantastic and the campus is beautiful. The neighborhood is safe; however community relations could be improved. I'm confident that the Community service Office is producing positive relationships, though.

To be honest, I don't remember it very well since it was about 7 years ago, but I will say that they have excellent merit-based scholarships which require a unique application and essay. They're known as the Nomination Scholarships and they're definitely worth it.

2009

The general, freshmen requirements include an Information Access (computer skills) workshop, as well as a College Writing Seminar course. While each of these are tedious in their own way, they are not over-whelming or unbearable and, in any case, only last for a semester of your first year. The remainder of the courses are extremely tailored to the students' interests and help each unique individual explore their academic world to the fullest potential. The professors are always willing and eager to meet with students and are almost always available, as they are very good at keeping to their scheduled office hours. Grading is a fair scale and infinite opportunities to study abroad, research, and acquire internships are available to students.

The thing that I most love about Juniata is the life. Everyone on campus is friendly and welcoming, we are just one big, happy family slmost all of the time! The facilities crew keep every locaiton on campus as "spic-and-span" as humanly possible, making the housing and campus a lovely place to live. The community, being small, is extremely involved with the students and this simply adds to the personability that is practically tangilble on campus!

The application for Juniata College is no different from others, the Common Application is permitted, and interviews with the campus Administration Counselors are highly recommended during your visits. One of the most strikingly personable aspects of the admission process is the vast amount of financial aid and scholarhip opportunities that the college offers to its students - Juniata really wants to give students the opportunity to continue there education. The "Early Action" option for admissions allows students to express their interest in the school without being contracted into committing if they are accepted.

Since Juniata is a liberal arts school, the core classes were credit requirements from Fine Arts, International (International studies, languages, etc.), Social Sciences, Humanities, and Natural Sciences. I graduated as an English major, but I have a strong background in French and Geology; it's not something many other students can say. The professors asked from day one to be called by their first names to create a close, approachable bond between professor and student. The workload, as expected, was heavy, the classes were challenging, but I'm a stronger person because of it. Studying abroad is encouraged.

Safe safe safe. Juniata is in a small town. I felt completely safe walking across campus alone at night as a woman. The dorms are all locked, the all-girls dorm has added security.

There was a long application, two essays, needed two letters of recommendation. Scholarships were plenty but had their own application process.

2009

FISHN- Fine Arts, International Studies, Sciences, Human Studies, Natural Studies.. I think. They were are core requirements.

Housing is comfortable. Campus is beautiful. The town of Huntingdon is small and safe. The cost of living is extremely affordable.

Offers early action which I took full advantage of. Juniata was the only school I applied to.

General requirements are based on a liberal arts education, but the classes are extremely helpfully for students who may not be sure what they want to do for a major. At the beginning of the year the students are assigned an academic advisor based on their intended major or area of interest, then during the second semester they may choose another professor as their secondary advisor, usually for their minor choice. Grading is based on a ten-point scale, and can be based both on assignments as well as class participation during lectures. Study abroad opportunities are available in both English speaking and the country's native language.

Everything was pretty much awesome. The grounds are beautiful, the people are really friendly, and everything is easily accessible. Sure there wasn't a mall near by, but I'm in a rural area after all.

The school offered either submission of the common application, or a school-based application both online for free, or a paper application for a small fee. The school is also test optional and does not require SAT or ACT submissions, but does recommend an interview and an essay submission. The school offers both early decision and early action, one of which is binding. Also, the application IS a scholarship form in it's own sense.

Core classes covered what was needed for professional school, EXCEPT general chemistry. Advisers are amazing. A lot of one on one time. Class sizes were small, and professors are always around to answer questions. Open door policy for almost every professor. Research opportunities for undergrads are actually recommended and are very well organized.

Housing is average. Cost of living on campus is a little high, but fits the norm of other colleges. Campus facilities are good. Wish the gym was a little bigger. Library nice. Dining good, and dining staff are amazing! Community works well with students if students aren't disrespecting the community! Crime was very low and I never felt unsafe. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else but Juniata.

Don't really remember!

2008

Amazing study abroad opportunities

The general requirements are called FISHN and are very easy to accomplish rather earlier in your college years

My major requirements were easily accessible to me as well the freedom of the POE system which allowed me to take many different classes to make my major truly mine.

Class size is around 20 as an average, some are smaller, some are larger (usually around 75 I would estimate but I never had a class larger than 30.)

Professors are VERY available at all times. Great advantage for students

The academic advising system of having two advisers is a great idea. It really does help and keeps you grounded as well as well-rounded.

I loved every about Juniata. I always felt safe no matter where I was at any time, alone or with people.

The campus is smaller and easily accessible which is also nice in the winter months of Pennsylvania when you don't want to be out in the cold for very long.

The dorms are nice as well. No major complaints, my biggest issue was adjusting to sharing a bathroom when I never had before. But that's a challenge for nearly everyone.

I loved the community relations. We really are involved with the town & I enjoyed that.

We participate in the Common Application now but we did not when I applied to Juniata. I applied on paper with a fee waiver from attending an open house, wrote an admissions essay & had an interview at the college after a personal tour.

As a liberal arts school Juniata requires a core load of classes for a particular major. But students must also complete courses in math, science, and art to graduate.

Juniata is in a safe rural area. It has a great campus with well furnished facilities. the library is fantastic.

The application questions include academic achievements, work ethics and future plans. Juniata has several scholarship opportunities.

2008